No Compromise... on Republican Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

elected4ever

Romans 12:17 Â_Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18 Â_If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Â_Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Â_Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Â_Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 13:1 Â_¶Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Â_Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 Â_For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 Â_For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5 Â_Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
6 Â_For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

As far as I know it is permissible to kill in self defense or the protect the life of another in immanent danger. The operative words are,"If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

Self defense and protection of another is not vengeance. Vengeance is retaliation for a perceived wrong. Once a perceived danger is passed there is no authority to kill.

The state has the authority to punish evil and is mandated by God to execute judgment. Even kill if need be. No private citizen has that right. The problem is that the state protects murderers by law by not recognizing the unborn as a real person in defiance of the mandate by God to execute judgment on the evil.

Granite

Hall of Fame
"The problem is that the state protects murderers by law by not recognizing the unborn as a real person in defiance of the mandate by God to execute judgment on the evil."

So what's your solution?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well...pro-lifers have been voting for a while. And we still have abortion on demand.

Voting only goes so far. The fundamental problem is how people think.

elected4ever

Christians are a huge voting block. Without the Christian vote the two political parties would lose their status as majority parties and become much less powerful and lose their ability to control the courts and the legislature. That is the one thing that the two major parties fear most. If the Christians would ban together in a political party that respected the constitution with action instead of lip service the laws of this country would began to reflect the morality that the constitution was founded on. The Christian must then abandon the democrat and republican party in favor of said third party. Otherwise we will continue to be part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by elected4ever

Christians are a huge voting block. Without the Christian vote the two political parties would lose their status as majority parties and become much less powerful and lose their ability to control the courts and the legislature. That is the one thing that the two major parties fear most. If the Christians would ban together in a political party that respected the constitution with action instead of lip service the laws of this country would began to reflect the morality that the constitution was founded on. The Christian must then abandon the democrat and republican party in favor of said third party. Otherwise we will continue to be part of the problem and not part of the solution.

I agree: if Christians were consistent and not so desperate for the sops the GOP throws to them, they would have walked away from the elephant a long time ago. I think it'll have to take something like a pro-choice Republican for president to make Christians consider leaving. In fact, that will probably have to happen a few times before the religious right takes a walk.

drbrumley

Originally posted by granite1010

I agree: if Christians were consistent and not so desperate for the sops the GOP throws to them, they would have walked away from the elephant a long time ago. I think it'll have to take something like a pro-choice Republican for president to make Christians consider leaving. In fact, that will probably have to happen a few times before the religious right takes a walk.

A good reason for this thread then huh? Of christians (most of) have bought hook, line and sinker the GOP and Donkey philosopies and like the get something for nothing politics.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by drbrumley
Seems the only thing missing is a godly government and this would be taken care of.
And whose fault is it that there isn't one?

You guys need to work harder...:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.