Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/GuestColumns/Zeiger20030721.shtml

No Charity for the Boy Scouts
Hans Zeiger (archive)

July 21, 2003

What organization is more despicable and vile than the ACLU, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, Public Citizen, Greenpeace, the National Abortion Rights Action League, and the National Organization for Women? The Boy Scouts of America.

So says the Second Circuit Court of Appeals in a decision last week upholding the State of Connecticut’s three-year old choice
to exclude the Boy Scouts from its state employee charitable contribution list. Even though the state is eager to condemn the Boy Scouts for its ban on homosexuals, it gives prominent place to homosexual front groups like the Hartford Gay/Lesbian Health Collective and Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays.

This article is written by an eagle scout and I think he makes some very good points. This liberal attitude that our courts have taken is getting ridiculous! I think the BSA should be applauded for their stand for morality.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I e-mailed this young gentleman to compliment him on his article. Not only is he very wise for his age, but he's also very polite. He answered me within minutes of receiving my e-mail to thank me for the compliment and for posting a link here.

ThePreterist

Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

Originally posted by ebenz47037 This liberal attitude that our courts have taken is getting ridiculous! I think the BSA should be applauded for their stand for morality.
The only part of your post that I disagree with is that I don't believe the courts have taken a liberal stance. That implies that they have deviated from their normal moral stance of being as far left as they can get.

No, I think they are staying true to their course, and making ultra left-wing decisions as they have done for many, many years.

It's a pity that we can't elect a president that has the, uh - male things, to say "to hell with the liberals" and drive some good justice's all the way to the court.

Ed

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

Originally posted by ThePreterist
The only part of your post that I disagree with is that I don't believe the courts have taken a liberal stance. That implies that they have deviated from their normal moral stance of being as far left as they can get.

No, I think they are staying true to their course, and making ultra left-wing decisions as they have done for many, many years.

It's a pity that we can't elect a president that has the, uh - male things, to say "to hell with the liberals" and drive some good justice's all the way to the court.

Ed

If I thought a woman could do the job right, I would run for office. :D

ThePreterist

Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

Originally posted by ebenz47037
If I thought a woman could do the job right, I would run for office. :D
Why can't a woman do the job right? Maybe that's what this country needs, a good woman for president. Not like the woman president we had during the 42nd presidency though!

Ed

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

Re: Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

Why can't a woman do the job right? Maybe that's what this country needs, a good woman for president. Not like the woman president we had during the 42nd presidency though!

Ed

I'm way more conservative than most republicans (even the Redneck's Club's guys). I don't believe that women should be in authority over men. And, to be president of this country, a woman would have to be in authority over men.

philosophizer

Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

This article is written by an eagle scout and I think he makes some very good points. This liberal attitude that our courts have taken is getting ridiculous! I think the BSA should be applauded for their stand for morality.

I agree. I'm also an Eagle Scout and I was a BSA member until I was eighteen. I am glad that BSA is staning its ground on this stuff. I'm glad it's not bending to the pressure and rejecting the values it teaches. But it's a shame there is any pressure in the first place.

ThePreterist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

I'm way more conservative than most republicans (even the Redneck's Club's guys). I don't believe that women should be in authority over men. And, to be president of this country, a woman would have to be in authority over men.
I guess that I've just never really had a problems with women being leaders. Companies like Kraft and HP do quite well with women at the helm.

Some look at the writings of Paul concerning women being leaders, and say that it should not be. However, Paul was writing about the Church and not the business or political world. I don't think his words apply here.

Just my thoughts, albeit slightly off the original topic.

Ed

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

I guess that I've just never really had a problems with women being leaders. Companies like Kraft and HP do quite well with women at the helm.

Some look at the writings of Paul concerning women being leaders, and say that it should not be. However, Paul was writing about the Church and not the business or political world. I don't think his words apply here.

Just my thoughts, albeit slightly off the original topic.

Ed

That's okay. I don't mind going slightly off-topic. It's just me. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of a woman president.

ThePreterist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

That's okay. I don't mind going slightly off-topic. It's just me. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of a woman president.
I used to be the same way. I still have a problem with women pastors at a church, but as far as women being leaders in the world that doesn't seem to bother me.

Besides, I need to make sure you stay posting here so Tye can't catch up to you! I have to work with the guy every day, and if he got the top spot here there'd be no shutting him up! :ha:

Ed

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

I used to be the same way. I still have a problem with women pastors at a church, but as far as women being leaders in the world that doesn't seem to bother me.

Besides, I need to make sure you stay posting here so Tye can't catch up to you! I have to work with the guy every day, and if he got the top spot here there'd be no shutting him up! :ha:

Ed

Hey Ed! Did you read my 7000th post in the Redneck's Club? I'm having a ball coming up with "speeches" every 1000 posts.

ThePreterist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Charity for the Boy Scouts

Hey Ed! Did you read my 7000th post in the Redneck's Club? I'm having a ball coming up with "speeches" every 1000 posts.
Haven't even dropped in on the Redneck Club. Seein' as I'm one of them "middle o' da road" types, I ain't fixin' to stick my nose someplace that it might oughtta get shot off!

Ed

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's okay Ed! :D But, why do you think you'd get your nose shot off in the Redneck Club?

ThePreterist

That's okay Ed! :D But, why do you think you'd get your nose shot off in the Redneck Club?
"'cause I'm a friends of those long-hair, hippie-type, pinko fags!"

Charlie Daniels lives on! Oh, wait, he's still alive for real!

Sorry, just got a bit out of control there!

Ed

Mustard Seed

I think that the left just sees an easy target in a bunch of uniformed boys trying to be as respectable as boys and young men can be. Kinda like those who taunt the soldiers standing guard in England. It's easy to pick on someone you don't think will strike back.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
MS,

You're right about that. The Girl Scouts have gone far to the left as compared to when I was one for ten years. I won't let my daughter join because I've read their latest edition of the handbook. The good thing is that there's 4H and, of course, my church has the Christian equivilant of Girl Scouts: Missionettes. :D But, for now, my daughter's horse-crazy and wants to join 4H