Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Lighthouse,

Yes, it is.

Which means he isn't a sinner, as in unrepentant/held accountable/going to hell, but he is admitting he commits acts contrary to what the Spirit would want him to do.

I have to agree with Knight here, it seems to be a game of semantics. Why try to sugar coat the word when it is what it is. Surely Paul could not have used a more descriptive word than evil (Morally bad or wrong; wicked).
What part of you is Christian? What part of you did God make righteous, through His own righteousness? The part of you that sins [and is not in Christ], or the part of you that is in Christ [in Christ there is no sin]? The part of you that sins [the sin that dwelleth in you] is not Christian. It is not righteous, and never will be.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Lighthouse said:
What part of you is Christian?

All of me follows Christ. When my flesh sins (the evil I don't want to do but keep doing), none of me will be damned to hell for it (there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus).

What part of you did God make righteous, through His own righteousness? The part of you that sins [and is not in Christ], or the part of you that is in Christ [in Christ there is no sin]?

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,..." You should stop misquoting that passage.

Consider this post, please

Does Sozo or Paul hold more weight with you?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
All of me follows Christ. When my flesh sins (the evil I don't want to do but keep doing), none of me will be damned to hell for it (there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus).

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,..." You should stop misquoting that passage.

Consider this post, please

Does Sozo or Paul hold more weight with you?
When have I ever misquoted that passage?

In all honesty, the fact that you would say such a thing about me is quite upsetting. Even moreso because it is you who is saying it.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
The gospel in a nutshell! :up:
Who commits sin? The unrighteous, or the righteous? Who do you identify as: the unrighteous, old you; or the righteous new creation He has made you?

Status
Not open for further replies.