Nineveh's SPOTD 5-18-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Crow

Oh, for heaven's sake, Freak!

Why in the world would you suggest that Christians (Turbo, in this case) would need to agree on all points of theology to appreciate and draw strength from each other?

There is not one Christian on this board that I agree with 100% on every issue. Nori and met in real life and we are so much alike that it's eerie, but we don't agree 100%. I was saved through Bob Enyart's ministry, and I don't agree with him 100% on non-salvic issues. Tye Porter and I were very close on most issues, but I didn't agree with him 100%. Nor with Nineveh, Agent Smith, Turbo, Sibbie, Knight, Poly, Lucky, SOTK, Sozo, Aimiel, OEJ, Jefferson, E4E, Melody, Christine, Elaine, wholearmor, Yorzhik, Clete, frostman J, Shaun, Berean Todd, Dread Helmet, and a host of others to whom I am forever indebted.

I don't agree with the Catholic church on a ton of issues, yet I can appreciate that they vigerously uphold the right of a child to be born. Didn't someone start a thread on how they appreciated some of the views the Catholic church holds recently, even though they don't agree with them on every issue? :think:

There are plenty of OV and CV people on this board that I have learned from.

I'm OV, and I appreciate CRM.

If I stand around waiting for the Christian brother or sister that I agree with 100% to appreciate, I'm going to be having a self-admiration society going on here, and nothing else.

None of us is perfect or in perfect agreement on all issues. The only perfection in us is the Righteousness which we never earned, but received from God by Grace through Faith.

But we can still draw strength from each other. And one day, when we are with Him in our new bodies and can learn the definitive answers first hand, I submit that we'll all have a suprise or two, and we'll all see that as long as we are His, our disagreements that were born of our limited human understanding weren't as important as we've made them.
In Context

Well said Crow! :)

(I agree with you 100% on this :D )

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow, that's a good one!