Nineveh's SPotD 4-4-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Agape4Robin said:
I am really tired of all the "love" talk and "tolerance" that is disguised as love. When there is talk about capital punishment or homosexuality, the ones who drag out the "love" card use it to distract from the real issue and usually deny that there are moral absolutes. They speak about the grace and mercy of Jesus, but grace and mercy comes with a cost.......it's called repentance. Repentance does not simply mean to stop sinning, but a true change of mind.....a change of heart! A heart that is not broken over one's sin is not a repentant heart. :em:

Does anyone know that there is a difference between punishment and consequence? If I commit adultery and get a disease, that is NOT a punishment, but a consequence of my sin. :doh: The way to avoid it would be to stay faithful to my husband. I think the more we sin and remain unrepentant, then our consciences become seared to the point where we no longer recognize sin in our lives. It is then when we can be seen as using Christ as our license to sin.......like our eternal "life" insurance policy. God help us when that happens.....maybe we don't lose our salvation, but God is only patient with us for a time, and is not above calling us home early if we don't wake up and repent. :grave:

Why do those who call themselves christian oppose the death penalty? Why do they tolerate homosexuality as "two consenting adults" and "none of my business?" :confused:

cite

Status
Not open for further replies.