Nineveh's POTD 3-16-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Free Agent Smith said:
firechyld said:
I agree. The fact that eleven year old girls are exposed to sexual assault and rape is a horrible thing that feminists have been trying for decades to correct. A little information about what exactly was going on would have been an amazing boon to myself and many of my peers.
No. These are not viable reasons for giving children birth control or teaching them about abortions. No child should ever have to worry about another person's sexual behavior until they are married.If anyone under the age of 18 really needs contraception or information about sexual education then apparently the parents weren't doing their job of raising children properly.
The children wouldn't have to fear being raped or assualted if people in general acted more responsibly. You can't even teach a child how to cope with rape or an assault. If you want a better impact then focus on the punishment for those who commit the crime rather than the possible victims. You want to help the victims? Teach them how to defend themselves, not how they are supposed to deal with being assaulted/raped.

If half of the women who have been raped or assaulted would've learned Akido, Jeet-Kune-Do, Taekwon-do or even maybe a little boxing, maybe they could've defended themselves and the criminal could have healed in prison or been put to death.

You go ahead and peddle your contraceptives and pharmaceuticals. I'll push for women, or even men, to become confident in themselves without feeling pressured to have premarital sex and how to defend themselves so they don't have to fear be assaulted.

Post 30

Well said! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.