NIH: 100M Years to Change a Binding Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would appear to be about the level of your math capability but does not answer the question I posed of what Dr. Brown does with 1500 trillion megatons worth of energy along the 46000 mile mid ocean ridge.
Gee, something that dramatic and we'd still be feeling the aftershocks today! :think:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your lack of math insight is noted.
I mean, golly, that sort of energy could cause the planet to roll on its axis! We might today be still able to see a wobble.

Or it might punch an energy wave straight through the Earth. The interior of the Earth would see huge amounts of friction and melting. We would have a liquid core after something that massive!

And imagine the debris that would be upheaved. We might see entire continents moved from their place. Mountains would be tossed around like pebbles. Debris would be sent into orbit. Sediment would cover the Earth a few kilometers think!

No way. If there were an event of the magnitude you're saying, we'd know about it for sure!

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stripe: the math please.
We'd have radioactivity coming out our ears, lots of things would have died horrible deaths, the weather would have gotten all messed up, the contents of the atmosphere vastly altered, huge deposits of salt and carbonates would have precipitated out, ice ages, volcanoes, tsunamis, earthquakes like you wouldn't imagine, lava flows the size of continents...

... pretty much the end of the world.

I don't know how anything other than a few fish and maybe some plants and insects could have survived such a thing. :idunno:

Jukia

What? What maths?

Reading comprehension issue Stripe? Or do you just get confused with what inaccuracy you are standing on at any one moment?

Show the math for Dr. Brown to deal with the energy from 1500 trillion megaton bombs along the 46000 mile mid ocean ridge.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Show the math for Dr. Brown to deal with the energy from 1500 trillion megaton bombs along the 46000 mile mid ocean ridge.
Oh, that! You're still looking for that? Try here.

I'm certain I've posted this before at least a few times. :noid:

Yazichestvo

20070119.gif

Sorry. I am having trouble taking this discussion seriously.

fool

Hall of Fame
Or it might punch an energy wave straight through the Earth. The interior of the Earth would see huge amounts of friction and melting. We would have a liquid core after something that massive!

:think:
Is it your position that the core wasn't molten prior to the flood?

DavisBJ

Meanwhile, atheists are still yet to answer the fundamental question. Can data from DNA be analysed using information theory? If not, why is it that DNA data is immune to such analysis?
Mr. Brown Rabbit lives in a forest. His DNA is just fine, doing what it was “designed” to do to keep Mr. Rabbit alive.

Mr. Rabbit has kids. Mr. Brown Rabbit lives near a snowy field. Every time one of his kids wanders into the snow, Mr. Fox has baby rabbit for dinner.

A mistake in DNA coding gives one of Mr. Rabbit's kids white fur. This kid plays all day in the snow, and Mr. Fox never has a clue. This white kid rabbit has different DNA than his dad. Does this kid have less information in his DNA than Daddy Brown Rabbit did?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does this kid have less information in his DNA than Daddy Brown Rabbit did?

Yes.

Do you have a response to the question? Can data from DNA be analysed using information theory? If not, why is it that DNA data is immune to such analysis?

DavisBJ

Yes.

Do you have a response to the question? Can data from DNA be analysed using information theory? If not, why is it that DNA data is immune to such analysis?
I am not conversant with the exact definitions and rules applicable to information theory, so for now I occasionally ask a specific question (like about rabbits) that can probably be considered as an applied case of information theory.

For the purpose of living in the forest, I agree the white fur might, in a sense, be considered “corrupted information”. But for the purpose of living in a snowy environment, the white fur is an improvement. As applied to evolution, isn’t this a case where a “corruption” of the information was beneficial?

Status
Not open for further replies.