Nicer than God!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by granite1010

"We are not to be merciful toward those who are unrepentent either."

This was the rationale used by the inquisition to torture and execute so-called heretics. Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

It clears up one thing for sure.
You are either intentionally ignorant of the issue being disciussed or you are too stupid to understand it.

I have already said that torture (even of criminals) is unjust.
The execution of "heretics" is also unjust. It is not a crime to not believe in God. And no, it was not the rational used by the inquisitor. The rational was simply preservation of power by those not justly in places of authority. It was about keeping an ignorant public in ignorance. You should learn your history before shooting your mouth off about it.

Stop posting these ridiculous wastes of time and think about what you are saying before you say it. I wasn't kidding about having to give an account for every idle word you speak.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Freak

Originally posted by Chileice to Enyartian Clete

You are doing Christianity a GREAT disservice by spouting off inane stuff like we ought to be out flogging and killing people. Jesus died for those very people and HE said: "Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing." I pray that you will experience forgiveness as well and that you will be able to love in the way we are exhorted to love in Col. 3.
Clete's Jesus is Enyart, that is the problem with him. He has a sinful Jesus. No wonder he's confused.

Look through the Spirit´s eyes and not through Bob's mouth.
Blessings.
:crackup:

Duder

Over 750 post club
Clete -

The rational (of the inquisitors ) was simply preservation of power by those not justly in places of authority. It was about keeping an ignorant public in ignorance. You should learn your history before shooting your mouth off about it.

Some of the inquisitors sincerely believed they were performing a valuable service to God and to the sinner they tortured. It was felt that pain and suffering drove one to God - and so any confessions that were obtained under torture were valid. If the sinner did not confess and repent, he was burned alive on the theory that it was better to suffer unspeakable physical agony on the stake (which might cause the sinner to call out to God in repentence) than to burn in hell forever.

It does seem similar in some respects to your own theory.

And before you accuse me of not studying history, I majored in it.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Freak

This is your problem, Clete, you'd rather quote a man rather then God. Focus your eyes on Jesus not on enyart. Can you do this?

You stupid idiotic fool! Do you suppose God would disagree with such a statement?

You make me want to vomit!

Are you proud of yourself? You have joined sides with self proclaimed homo's and they like you for it!

How does it feel to get accolades from gutter slime homo's in your statements against Christians?

You are simply the worst and most destructive example of a Christian I have ever come across.
Every post you made so far on this thread has been sinful and destructive. I for one will ignore you from this point on. Entertain your homo friends if you feel so inclined.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Duder

Clete -

Some of the inquisitors sincerely believed they were performing a valuable service to God and to the sinner they tortured. It was felt that pain and suffering drove one to God - and so any confessions that were obtained under torture were valid. If the simmer did not confess and repent, he was burned alive on the theory that it was better to suffer unspeakable physical agony on the stake (which might cause the sinner to call out to God in repentence) than to burn in hell forever.

It does seem similar in some respects to your own theory.

And before you accuse me of not studying history, I majored in it.

Who cares what your perverted mind studied?
The point is that it has zero to do with what I have stated on this thread. I have stated and repeated that such activity is unjust but your perverted mind can't wrap around the facts can it?

Duder

Over 750 post club
Come on over, Freak. Join us honorary homosexuals.

Paul of Tarsus called himself a "miserable sinner", even though we know that he was a pretty ethical fellow.

And identifying with the oppressed is a very Christian virtue!

Mateo

Beloved Clete,

I have watched with a strange mixture of humor and horror as you have repeatedly castigated me as being a legalist and then watched you suggest that "the law" should execute. Yes, Jesus saved His harshest rebukes for the Pharisees but remember why...

Hypocracy

OMEGA

I read the nicer than God article and

it seems to me that it is Written for the Modern Day

Worldly Churches that make a show of Religion

but scratch the surface and they are just carnal people

putting on a Nicey Nicey Act.

A sincere Christian has the Self Control to withstand

the Chidding and name calling of others without Reviling

them back.

But a Nicey Nicey phony Christian will be nice to their faces

and Seek Revenge or Say Vulgar things and gossip about

the Evil person behind their backs.

That is the Difference.

(Mat 5:44 KJV) "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

(Mat 5:45 KJV) "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

:angel:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

What is the most loving thing you can say to a homo?

You make me sick! I want to vomit when you get near me or my family! You deserve execution you filthy discusting perfert! God is your enemy and so am I! Get away from me! You don't deserve to see God's sun light reflecting off my face!

Or something along those lines.

And no I am not kidding.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Bull****! Yes homosexual acts disgust me, but the creations of God themselves I am not disgusted by, anymore than I am disgusted by myself. [I have my own perversions that I am dealing with by trusting in God to deal with them] I agree with your first post, at least the part I read, but loving your neighbor means something. And the fact that your only mention of God is that He is their enemy, or that they don't deserve to...you know what you typed...is sad and pathetic! Not once does that statement above mention that God loves them or that He died for them, or that He did not create them for such depravity and He wants to save them and change their hearts and minds to His will, so that they will want to live according to His will, so they can be His forever, in Paradise with Him. I wonder who you've made twice the son of hell, that you are...

Chileice

Here are some verses (in context) that deal with this whole issue. Perhaps we should all read them and reflect. They are from I Thessalonians 5:

12 And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, 13 and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. Be at peace among yourselves.
14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. 15 See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.

23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
25 Brethren, pray for us.
26 Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss.
27 I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren.
28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

The truth IS that we are to abstain from evil but to be at peace with all. We warn those who are out of line but we also encourage them and put ourselves at peace with them, and not only with supposed fellow-believers but with all people... not rendering evil for evil. Hate does not make homosexuals right, it just makes the hater wrong.

Here is the very verse Clete loves to quote... "abhor what is evil" ...but in its context. This is from Romans 12:

Behave Like a Christian
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,"says the Lord. 20 Therefore

"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."

21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

It is amazing that when you read the verse in its context, it sounds NOTHING like the Enyart article makes it sound. Please, Clete, I beg you as a Christian who sees such good in you to please let the Spirit speak to you instead of Bob. I'm not saying Bob can't say good things. I don't know him. But don't let him be your final judge of scripture.

Note something here as well. It says WHAT is evil... not WHO is evil. We have all done evil. We should hate gluttony, lying, cheating, robbery, adultery, and all the other sins as much as we hate homosexuality. Why? because it makes us less than what we could be. Really another person's homosexuality does me as little harm as their gluttony. If we preached the fullness and abundant life that Christ offers instead of "headhunting" I think more people would want to live the Christian life. We can still warn people of the dangers of their sins whether it be the danger of AIDS for the homosexual, the danger of diabetes for the glutton, the danger of lost friendships to the gossip. But we can love them and let God be their (and my) judge.

Thanks Clete.

Granite

Hall of Fame
"You make me sick! I want to vomit when you get near me or my family! You deserve execution you filthy discusting perfert! God is your enemy and so am I! Get away from me! You don't deserve to see God's sun light reflecting off my face!"

This is the height of arrogance and a sickening display of vanity.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Mateo,

I don't remember you ever having posted something that was completely stupid until now. Two in a row!

Please try to stay on topic!

Criminal justice and social stigmas against perverted behavior have nothing to do with religious legalism. I’m not talking about what it takes for them to be saved. Even a Christian who commits adultery should be executed if convicted and that's whether they repent or not. And today in a society that will not even prosecute them, they should not even be associated with until they repent.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by lighthouse

Bull****! Yes homosexual acts disgust me, but the creations of God themselves I am not disgusted by, anymore than I am disgusted by myself. [I have my own perversions that I am dealing with by trusting in God to deal with them] I agree with your first post, at least the part I read, but loving your neighbor means something. And the fact that your only mention of God is that He is their enemy, or that they don't deserve to...you know what you typed...is sad and pathetic! Not once does that statement above mention that God loves them or that He died for them, or that He did not create them for such depravity and He wants to save them and change their hearts and minds to His will, so that they will want to live according to His will, so they can be His forever, in Paradise with Him. I wonder who you've made twice the son of hell, that you are...

God is not going to throw their sin into Hell, He will throw them into Hell. Hate the sin and love the sinner is not a Biblical concept. It is their heart that is wicked and which produces the evil actions. Your kind of love throws hot grease on the slippery slope that they are already sliding down toward hell.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

Mateo

"Mateo,

I don't remember you ever having posted something that was completely stupid until now. Two in a row!

Criminal justice and social stigmas against perverted behavior have nothing to do with religious legalism. I’m not talking about what it takes for them to be saved. Even a Christian who commits adultery should be executed if convicted and that's whether they repent or not. And today in a society that will not even prosecute them, they should not even be associated with until they repent.

Resting in Him,
Clete "

Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Psa 18:25 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright;
26 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.
27 For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.

You're head for a fall friend lest you repent of this...

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Chileice

Here are some verses (in context) that deal with this whole issue. Perhaps we should all read them and reflect. They are from I Thessalonians 5:

12 And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, 13 and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. Be at peace among yourselves.
14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. 15 See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.

23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
25 Brethren, pray for us.
26 Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss.
27 I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren.
28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

The truth IS that we are to abstain from evil but to be at peace with all. We warn those who are out of line but we also encourage them and put ourselves at peace with them, and not only with supposed fellow-believers but with all people... not rendering evil for evil. Hate does not make homosexuals right, it just makes the hater wrong.

Here is the very verse Clete loves to quote... "abhor what is evil" ...but in its context. This is from Romans 12:

Behave Like a Christian
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,"says the Lord. 20 Therefore

"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."

21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

It is amazing that when you read the verse in its context, it sounds NOTHING like the Enyart article makes it sound. Please, Clete, I beg you as a Christian who sees such good in you to please let the Spirit speak to you instead of Bob. I'm not saying Bob can't say good things. I don't know him. But don't let him be your final judge of scripture.

Note something here as well. It says WHAT is evil... not WHO is evil. We have all done evil. We should hate gluttony, lying, cheating, robbery, adultery, and all the other sins as much as we hate homosexuality. Why? because it makes us less than what we could be. Really another person's homosexuality does me as little harm as their gluttony. If we preached the fullness and abundant life that Christ offers instead of "headhunting" I think more people would want to live the Christian life. We can still warn people of the dangers of their sins whether it be the danger of AIDS for the homosexual, the danger of diabetes for the glutton, the danger of lost friendships to the gossip. But we can love them and let God be their (and my) judge.

Thanks Clete.

I appreciate the intent of you post but I very much disagree with it.
Would you invite a murderer into your home? Or a rapist?
Are you not in agreement with God, that such men should be executed? God has commanded the governing officials to execute homosexuals and adulterers and murderers and the like. Would you have us allow them to play catch at the local park with our children?
NO! They are criminals! And treating them otherwise does them no favor and destroys the fabric of our society! I have no quarrel with the Bible saying not to repay evil for evil, I just that I think that being nice to criminals is evil! Evil people should be told that they are evil. If they act as if that information is sinking in THEN you tell them that there is hope in Christ for even them. But attempting to get someone saved before they have any idea that what they are doing is wrong is putting the cart before the horse and is counterproductive in about a dozen different ways, not the least of which is that it puts your family at risk!

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Mateo

"Mateo,

Resting in Him,
Clete "

Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Psa 18:25 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright;
26 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.
27 For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.

You're head for a fall friend lest you repent of this...

Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with [another] man's wife, [even he] that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Exd 22:19 Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.

Lev 20:11 And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Lev 20:12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

These are but a few of the laws that God commanded that we have in place concerning perverts.

Our society refuses to practice such criminal justice unfortunately. However, Paul’s society refused to put the sexually perverted to death as well. What was his instructions on how we should treat people who are involved in such behavior?

Rom. 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man--and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Also concerning believers who are caught in such behavior…

I Cor. 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even *named among the Gentiles--that a man has his father's wife! 2 And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord *Jesus.
6 Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed *for us. 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner--not even to eat with such a person.
12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."

Resting in Him,
Clete

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

Come on over, Freak. Join us honorary homosexuals.

Indeed - Freak does himself great credit in these posts.

Wow! Freak's true colors are showing more than usual in this thread.

beanieboy

I have it on good authority that BeanieBoy is member of the homo sapien sapiens species. Shocking, but true.

Yes, it's true.

No only am I a client, I the owner.

Unfortunately, that is all I am to half of the posters.
So it's hard to take them seriously.