New Year's Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions

• Yes, and I fully expect to succeed in keeping my promises.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Yes...I make resolutions every year but I never keep 'em.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • No. I think making resolutions just because it's a new year is a waste of time.

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No. I forgot to make any resolutions.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I'm still deciding whether or not to make any resolutions for the new year.

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

cattyfan

Just wondering how many people are still participating in this "tradition."

I try to make and keep resolutions throughout the year, just not for the start of the new year.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am not aware that I have ever made a New Year resolution in my life.

Not that there is anything wrong with them I just don't personally make them.

Last edited:

julie21

There's probably not a day goes by in my life that I don't resolve to do something new in my life or resolve to discard something in my life etc, so New Years is not really the one day of the year when I choose to make all of my resolutions.
I do have a once a year 'reality check' of my wardrobe New Year's day though!!!:D

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
"This is my New Year's vow..."

Sorry. But Knight told me he liked that song.:chuckle:

I voted that it's pointless to do it just because of the new year. If I decide to change something, I should start when I decide to change it, not wait until a certain point in time.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I usually make some vague attempt at creating some New Year’s resolutions, but I usually forget them before I even start keeping them. This year I limited them to 2 things and so far, I haven’t forgotten them yet.

It’s kind of refreshing, at least from a psychological standpoint, to have a new year to set some goals for yourself or your family. This year, I kept my resolutions to things that would benefit my whole family. Hopefully, these two resolutions will lead to other positive changes as the year progresses. Only time will tell!

CapnFungi

I was too busy concentrating on pumping antibiotics through a picc line that I forgot to make one. What am I supposed to do now..?

Wait another year?

firechyld

I answered "I'm still deciding whether or not to make any resolutions for the new year." It's not strictly true, but I have a pattern I stick to, and that was the closest answer.

I don't make New Year resolutions, but I tend to start making resolution-style decisions around the end of January. Why? Because my birthday is in February. :)

That, to me, is a more appropriate time to assess how the past year has gone and how I want the next one to pan out. So technically, I guess, I'm still waiting to make my resolutions.