• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

New Scientific effort to stop global warming - spray pollution into the atmosphere to block the sun

marke

We are going to need more than $10 trillion dollars in the next 12 years to solve global warming if we must fund this type or research and implement these types of experimental solutions to global warming.

Microsoft’s MSFT +1% billionaire founder Bill Gates is financially backing the development of sun-dimming technology that would potentially reflect sunlight out of Earth’s atmosphere, triggering a global cooling effect. The Stratospheric Controlled Perturbation Experiment (SCoPEx), launched by Harvard University scientists, aims to examine this solution by spraying non-toxic calcium carbonate (CaCO3) dust into the atmosphere — a sun-reflecting aerosol that may offset the effects of global warming.

chair

I am in favor of limiting pollution, but unhappy with the idea of active intervention- these things tend to have unexpected side effects- like cases of bringing in a foreign species to help control a pest...

marke

I am in favor of limiting pollution, but unhappy with the idea of active intervention- these things tend to have unexpected side effects- like cases of bringing in a foreign species to help control a pest...
In the name of global warming reduction modern leftist morons are now proposing spraying massive amounts of particulates into the atmosphere to block the sunlight in an effort to cut down on the heat generated by the sun. Nobody should have ever listened to these bozos from the beginning.

chair

In the name of global warming reduction modern leftist morons are now proposing spraying massive amounts of particulates into the atmosphere to block the sunlight in an effort to cut down on the heat generated by the sun. Nobody should have ever listened to these bozos from the beginning.
Don't make the mistake of lumping everybody who is concerned about global warming into the same pot.

marke

Don't make the mistake of lumping everybody who is concerned about global warming into the same pot.
I lump into one category all those who refuse to believe God's promise that seasons will continue to change normally as they always have and always will until He returns to judge the earth. I call that category "unbelievers," or "doubters."

chair

I lump into one category all those who refuse to believe God's promise that seasons will continue to change normally as they always have and always will until He returns to judge the earth. I call that category "unbelievers," or "doubters."
lump away.

marke

lump away.
Gladly.
Genesis 8:22
While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
We are going to need more than $10 trillion dollars in the next 12 years to solve global warming if we must fund this type or research and implement these types of experimental solutions to global warming.

Microsoft’s MSFT +1% billionaire founder Bill Gates is financially backing the development of sun-dimming technology that would potentially reflect sunlight out of Earth’s atmosphere, triggering a global cooling effect. The Stratospheric Controlled Perturbation Experiment (SCoPEx), launched by Harvard University scientists, aims to examine this solution by spraying non-toxic calcium carbonate (CaCO3) dust into the atmosphere — a sun-reflecting aerosol that may offset the effects of global warming.
10 Trillion isn't 1% of what such a thing would actually cost. It's not even close to being possibly doable, never mind feasible, affordable or smart.

Gates' preposterous solution is based on the same idiotic premise that the global warming hoax itself is based on. That premise being that we humans have the power to alter the Earth's over all climate, which we could not do if we wanted to.

People, because of leftist propaganda, tend to think that the Earth is small, over populated and fragile. It is none of those things. 95% of human beings populate less than 10% of the LAND surface of the Earth and only 29% of the Earth's surface is land! That means more than 97% of the Earth is effectively unpopulated.

I could launch from there with a bevy of statistics that would demonstrate that the Earth is incomprehensibly vast and stunningly robust and that we humans are not capable of "destroying the planet" as those who celebrate Earth Day (Lenin's birthday) would have you believe but I cannot do so this morning because of the constraints of time. None of you would permit it to persuade your mind anyway because it isn't about fact, statistics or anything related to science. It's about replacing God with government.

Clete

Gary K

Banned
10 Trillion isn't 1% of what such a thing would actually cost. It's not even close to being possibly doable, never mind feasible, affordable or smart.

Gates' preposterous solution is based on the same idiotic premise that the global warming hoax itself is based on. That premise being that we humans have the power to alter the Earth's over all climate, which we could not do if we wanted to.

People, because of leftist propaganda, tend to think that the Earth is small, over populated and fragile. It is none of those things. 95% of human beings populate less than 10% of the LAND surface of the Earth and only 29% of the Earth's surface is land! That means more than 97% of the Earth is effectively unpopulated.

I could launch from there with a bevy of statistics that would demonstrate that the Earth is incomprehensibly vast and stunningly robust and that we humans are not capable of "destroying the planet" as those who celebrate Earth Day (Lenin's birthday) would have you believe but I cannot do so this morning because of the constraints of time. None of you would permit it to persuade your mind anyway because it isn't about fact, statistics or anything related to science. It's about replacing God with government.

Clete
I don't know that I would get real rambunctious in my claims like this as the Bible contradicts you.

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

This is pretty clear Biblical evidence that there are people who are destroying the earth during it's last days before the second coming of Jesus. This is pretty clear evidence that there are two classes of people alive at that time. A class who worship God, and a class who are destroying the earth as they are clearly defined as those whom God rewards and those whom God destroys.