New experience for a muslim

Mulla Sadra

Alsalamu Alukum, or just hello :)

I am a Shi'ite Muslim, a kinda believer of Transcendent theosophy of Mulla Sadra.
I say "kinda" because I weren't into theology or philosophy until just less than a year (I am 16 BTW).
I got myself into other subjects since 11, Politics, social life, military science, Sunni-Shia debate and ME history, and most extensively I got the best information about these subjects from forums, Discussion and Debate.
and soon I had my enough, and made my own theory of each subject.
And when I got into theology, I tried to get into such Arabic forums, but we have four types of forums in Arabic language, first is Sunni forums which would kill any Shi'ite whatever he says, second is Shi'ite forums which would make anyone who slightly disagrees a Sunni, third is Atheist forums which bring all kind of people who had a problem in their life with a religious person, and they want to make their hatred a theology, the fourth type are the liberal forums, which are seriously lacking good discussion, because they all try to make themselves "peace-loving", in a debate whoever else must be trying to convince you, not play PlayStation with you, and as much as we need Discussion in Politics, we need Debate in Religion or Theology.

Anyways that sums it all up, all I can say :
1- you can call me "Mulla" or "Sadra" or "Salam" or "Abdulsalam" or whatever u want.
2- I am not that great theologian, so be easy with me :D don't try to convert me on surprise :D
3- English is my second language, if you try to challenge it too much, I would have to go more to Google Translate or Wikipedia.
4- I have very important exams during the next 2.5 months, so I will be seriously busy (as much as I know for now, I will be limited to zero hours daily internet usage).

but anyways, if not that exams I would have opened a topic about Islam, thundering question about it on me would help me know it better I guess, but the matter is, as I was pushed by mind to open this topic for now and not leave this forum till the end of exams, you can ask me here and I would be happy to answer (I have, well, really advanced information about my religion), but don't expect a very fast answer.

so, if someone have a grudge on QAEDA, I hate them, they killed my uncle for matter of fact, so don't hate me because of them.... just clearing out a stereotype :D

so, thats it.... :)

Last edited:

OMEGA

WELCOME TO TOL MULLA.

SHALOM from a Jewish Christian,

We here question everything related to Religious practices

and Dogma. If you like Challenges , this is the Right place to be.

Mulla Sadra

I like the motto OMEGA "Ye are gods", thanks for saying hi.
(And yes they call me Saloom too)
About the signature, we have a known quote that Muslim Philosopher always say "Human was created to stay".

Thanks also Wizard of Oz.

PS: I have all night long for now, if someone want to ask something, I have the thirst to talk about it...

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL, Salam. You'll find this isn't like other websites you have visited.

Doormat

What do you mean by "father" ?

I mean father in the same sense as the prophet Isaiah:

Isaiah 63:16 Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

Isaiah 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Mulla Sadra

I mean father in the same sense as the prophet Isaiah:

Isaiah 63:16 Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

Isaiah 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Okay ...

Eshe'ea is not mentioned in Islam, although we do believe there were more than 750,000 prophet/messenger before Muhammad PBUH&HH and only 25 were mentioned straightforward in Quran.

anyways that is not our case, can you explain, what did the bible mean in what is supposed to be what Isaiah said ?

if you say that it meant that Allah (or God ... same thing) is like a human father of a human son, then no, that is not the case, because in Quran Allah says :

Creator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you from yourselves, mates, and among the cattle, mates; He multiplies you thereby. There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

Allah don't look alike any of his creatures, in anyway, whatsoever, God is Creator, Created are Created.

but still when we read other verse, it says :

Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One ,Allah , the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

and when you read the scripture in Arabic, you will find a word more accurate than beget, because the english word gives the impression of a woman making a carriage, while the arabic word means any type of separation.

Muslims got apart in reasoning the word, some took the "human carriage meaning" saying that Allah can't have a son (Jesus).
the others said that means that the creation is Allah, but not in the meaning that it is part of Allah, because Allah is not parted (Allah don't have an XYZ so that something can be part of him and something can't be, ALLAH IS NOT A BODY), but in the meaning that this world have the "signs" of allah in it.

so if you understand that, you would see God (Allah) is not my father in the meaning that I am directly aparted from him to be a son and he a father, thats not right in Islam, but everything is Allah, but not in the meaning that Allah is only everything, or everything is part of Allah, but in the meaning that everything is a sign of Allah.

it looks like Pantheism...

hope it is not ambiguous ... :D

Doormat

Okay ...

Eshe'ea is not mentioned in Islam ...

Isaiah is mentioned in Isalm. Read this link.

anyways that is not our case, can you explain, what did the bible mean in what is supposed to be what Isaiah said?

It means that God begets our spirit.

How else do you imagine that your spirit came into existence?

if you say that it meant that Allah (or God ... same thing) is like a human father of a human son, then no, that is not the case, because in Quran Allah says :

Creator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you from yourselves, mates, and among the cattle, mates; He multiplies you thereby. There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

Allah don't look alike any of his creatures, in anyway, whatsoever, God is Creator, Created are Created.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

What is the image and likeness of God, if not spirit?

... so if you understand that, you would see God (Allah) is not my father in the meaning that I am directly aparted from him to be a son and he a father, thats not right in Islam ...

The prophet Isa taught God is our Father:

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Another question: What is the revelation given to Isa?

2:136 We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them . . .

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Welcome Mulla. We are, or many of us are, a people who have recieved everlasting life [not by hard study] but as a free gift...does that interest you?