New atheist here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddevonb

It comes down to the theists claim that our enormous intelligence, on the many of very difficult subjects, is not enough information to look to science for some if any answers; but it is perfectly ok to take the words of one book primarily on faith.

In fact most of the theists i know are big fans of science as true science attempts to explain how the physical world works.

I know no theist that rejects any scientific laws. I know many who disagree with certain scientific theories... which is not disagreeing with science... just disagreeing with the conclusions of some scientists.

True science is not a democracy. It is not dependant on the opinions of the majority... even if it's a super majority.

Every scientific theory I reject is because it doesn't make scientific logical sense to me.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What had been preached to me. But I quickly realized that didn't matter to me and it didn't matter to me if it was preached right.
What had been preached to you? I'm talking about the part you thought about later.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shibby. What is your number one reason for rejecting the risen saviour, Jesus Christ?

Shibby

It was more of a rhetorical question, to show you that your question sounds the same to me as mine did to you. Unfortunately you don't know who superman is so it didn't quite work lol :)

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was more of a rhetorical question, to show you that your question sounds the same to me as mine did to you. Unfortunately you don't know who superman is so it didn't quite work lol :)

:squint: Asking about faith in a cartoon character is the same as asking about faith in a real man who claimed to be God?

I reject superman as saviour because he is a fictional character. That would be reason number one. Why do you reject Christ?

Shibby

:squint: Asking about faith in a cartoon character is the same as asking about faith in a real man who claimed to be God?

I reject superman as saviour because he is a fictional character. That would be reason number one. Why do you reject Christ?
I don't really know how to help you grasp the idea that it's all the same to me. I know the Santa Claus analogy is used a lot, but I probably believed more in Santa as a kid than I did in Jesus.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't really know how to help you grasp the idea that it's all the same to me. I know the Santa Claus analogy is used a lot, but I probably believed more in Santa as a kid than I did in Jesus.

So you think Jesus is just a character someone made up?

Truppenzwei

Supreme Goombah of the Goombahs
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think the character of Jesus is made up. If he was a real person or not is irrelevant to me.

Right, so as far as you are concerned studying history equates to studying comic books......wow, what application of logic and reason.

Regards
T.

Shibby

Right, so as far as you are concerned studying history equates to studying comic books......wow, what application of logic and reason.

Regards
T.

If you are coming in this thread just to get offended you are wasting everyones time. Studying the history of christianaty and the history of Jesus is not the same. I can study the socialogical effects of comics on society without studying much about Superman.

Truppenzwei

Supreme Goombah of the Goombahs
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you are coming in this thread just to get offended you are wasting everyones time. Studying the history of christianaty and the history of Jesus is not the same. I can study the socialogical effects of comics on society without studying much about Superman.

No but to equate Jesus with Santa Claus and Superman is to basically discount the vast chunks of historical evidence that Jesus actually existed.

Are you really saying that Jesus didn't exist?

Regards
T.

Status
Not open for further replies.