National Guard turns backs on Biden motorcade

Hilltrot

I don't think that was what really happened. some of them seem to just be facing the other way - protecting Biden from bare-chested men wearing horned helmets and American spear-flags.

Gary K

Banned
I don't think that was what really happened. some of them seem to just be facing the other way - protecting Biden from bare-chested men wearing horned helmets and American spear-flags.
Oh, yeah that empty field was full of bare-chested men wearing horned helmets and American spear flags. There must have been thousands of them out there hiding behind trees and in foxholes. That was just so obvious.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nahaku McFadden, media operations chief for the National Guard Bureau of Public Affairs, confirmed to Reuters via email that the video shows routine protocol for this type of duty.

“These National Guardsmen were on duty with a mission to protect the president against potential threats,” she said. “Some are facing out to ensure the safety of all.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-national-guard-back-biden-idUSKBN29Q2YX

Arthur Brain

Standard security protocol, for pretty obvious reasons. Nothing to see here unless there's another rock with a conspiracy theory underneath it...

Hilltrot

Now we've got marines refusing to salute Beijing Biden.

Check out the video here: https://matzav.com/bumbling-biden-w...te-marines-instead-mouths-salute-the-marines/
I don't think they were suppose to. Knowing honor guards from my personal interviews of them, they wouldn't fail to salute when they were suppose to even is they hated the President. This is not the same as MacArthur not saluting Truman. Once again, I really doubt that protocol required them to salute but I have better things to do than look it up in a hundred pages of Armed Forces regulation. One isn't suppose to salute inside in most instances and they could technically be considered inside.

Regardless, there are far better things to be criticizing Biden for right now.

chair

Standard security protocol, for pretty obvious reasons. Nothing to see here unless there's another rock with a conspiracy theory underneath it...
I've been at events (prayers, actually) where the President of Israel attended. You can tell who the security guys are. They're always looking the 'wrong' direction.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then a whole bunch of the other troops were doing it wrong.
I'll bet the one's saluting either were wrong, or they had different orders. I got a chance to be on an VIP guard and the requirements are very strict. I didn't see the clip, but I can't imagine these guys would be sloppy.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yet another conspiracy theory debunked...

The video was originally posted to Twitter by ABC News’ Ines de La Cuetara on Jan. 20 at 10:32 a.m. Biden and Harris arrived at the Capitol building around 10:30 a.m.

“The view from Biden’s motorcade as it made its way up to the Capitol,” La Cuetara described the video.

ABC confirmed to the Associated Press that she took the video while driving with the motorcade as part of Biden's press pool.

The following day de La Cuetara addressed confusion about the video with a quote from the National Guard in a Twitter thread.

“National Guard to ABC: ‘These National Guardsmen were on duty with a mission to protect the president against potential threats. Some are facing out to ensure the safety of all,’” she clarified.

The National Guard shared the same statement with Snopes, Reuters, Associated Press, AFP and PolitiFact. “This was a perimeter, not a parade,” National Guard Bureau spokesperson Nahaku McFadden told AFP.

Service members have followed this protocol in order to protect presidential motorcades from external threats before. Video of Presidents George W. Bush's, Barack Obama's and Donald Trump’s motorcades show service members standing and facing away from the motorcade.

Arthur Brain

Yet another conspiracy theory debunked...

The video was originally posted to Twitter by ABC News’ Ines de La Cuetara on Jan. 20 at 10:32 a.m. Biden and Harris arrived at the Capitol building around 10:30 a.m.

“The view from Biden’s motorcade as it made its way up to the Capitol,” La Cuetara described the video.

ABC confirmed to the Associated Press that she took the video while driving with the motorcade as part of Biden's press pool.

The following day de La Cuetara addressed confusion about the video with a quote from the National Guard in a Twitter thread.

“National Guard to ABC: ‘These National Guardsmen were on duty with a mission to protect the president against potential threats. Some are facing out to ensure the safety of all,’” she clarified.

The National Guard shared the same statement with Snopes, Reuters, Associated Press, AFP and PolitiFact. “This was a perimeter, not a parade,” National Guard Bureau spokesperson Nahaku McFadden told AFP.

Service members have followed this protocol in order to protect presidential motorcades from external threats before. Video of Presidents George W. Bush's, Barack Obama's and Donald Trump’s motorcades show service members standing and facing away from the motorcade.
Which only confirms what anyone with a bit of common sense knew already. Still, not exactly a strong suit of the more rabid MAGA elements and conspiracy theorists...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Which only confirms what anyone with a bit of common sense knew already. Still, not exactly a strong suit of the more rabid MAGA elements...

I tell you what, if you want (and maybe you don't want...) some real insight into what the internet has done for conspiracy theories, read the comments under the videos they post. They will literally blow your mind. And some of these will be the same ones who trashed our nation's Capitol in a way that's never been done in the history of our country. That's their legacy.

Arthur Brain

I tell you what, if you want (and maybe you don't want...) some real insight into what the internet has done for conspiracy theories, read the comments under the videos they post. They will literally blow your mind. And some of these will be the same ones who trashed our nation's Capitol in a way that's never been done in the history of our country. That's their legacy.
Oh, I've read a whole load of them as part of morbid curiosity on a bunch of sites and it's a mixture of mind numbing ignorance to whacked out space cadet to sickening insurrectionist. It's insane.