ECT "Nadia Bolz: a pastor for America's outsiders"

revpete

Uhhhh...yeah.

http://www.bbc.com/news/33377925

This is what can happen when exposure to false gospels early in life innoculate children against Christ.

What seems to have happened here is that this lady has not experienced a real conversion. She no doubt has some good qualities but without the sanctifying influence of The Holy Spirit like will attract like. I pray that she will experience real salvation.

Pete 👤

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I just read about her recently. Different article, though, so thanks for posting this.

Although it's kind of ironic that you'd make a thread about "a pastor for America's outsiders" and then post in in the ECT.

I think she's a wonderful breath of fresh air, and I would think that any Christian who wants to see people come to Christ would be happy to see a pastor worshiping God with and among people that she loves and serves who other Christians would reject as not good enough or not the right kind of Christians. Kind of the way you've rejected her.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
PS: The t-shirt idea made me laugh.

Also, this part was very good, very touching, and gently humorous. It shows her humility and her willingness to listen and to learn from others.

And it shows love. Shown by her, shown by her friends and congregants:
Suddenly she was drawing in 65-year-olds from the suburbs, prompting what she describes as an "identity crisis".
"It was awful. I just looked around, I was like, 'Man, these people could go to any mainline Protestant church in the city and see a bunch of people who look just like them. Why are they messing up our weird?!'" she says.
"So I called a friend of mine who has a similar church, and I was like: 'Hey, have you ever had normal people mess up your church?' expecting him to be like: 'Yeah, here's what you do.' And he goes, 'Yeah, well you guys are really great at welcoming the stranger if it's a young transgender kid, but sometimes the stranger looks like your mum and dad.'"
Bolz Weber called a meeting to discuss the invasion of her "indie boutique of a church". But then, in one of many stories she tells at her own expense, she quotes a young congregant called Asher.
"Asher speaks up… and says, 'As the young transgender kid who was welcomed into your community, I'd just like to say that I'm really glad there are people here who look like my mom and dad because they love me in a way my parents can't right now.'"

musterion

I just read about her recently. Different article, though, so thanks for posting this.

Although it's kind of ironic that you'd make a thread about "a pastor for America's outsiders" and then post in in the ECT.

I think she's a wonderful breath of fresh air, and I would think that any Christian who wants to see people come to Christ would be happy to see a pastor worshiping God with and among people that she loves and serves who other Christians would reject as not good enough or not the right kind of Christians. Kind of the way you've rejected her.

:plain:

Your opinions have never meant anything to me because, at the root of them all, is nothing but your feelings about things. There's no rational discussion to be had with someone who operates on that level.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Your opinions have never meant anything to me because, at the root of them all, is nothing but your feelings about things. There's no rational discussion to be had with someone who operates on that level.

darn stupid feelings ! who needs 'em ?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think she's a wonderful breath of fresh air, and I would think that any Christian who wants to see people come to Christ would be happy to see a pastor worshiping God with and among people that she loves and serves who other Christians would reject as not good enough or not the right kind of Christians...

And here I thought that the "right kind of Christian" is one that repents his or her sins. Is homosexuality no longer a sin anna?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

It never occurred to me to consider your opinion of me, so no harm done.

But thank you for going to the effort to let me know. It shows you care. :)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
And here I thought that the "right kind of Christian" is one that repents his or her sins. Is homosexuality no longer a sin anna?

1 Cor.13:13

Ah yes, out of context verse dropping.

I guess I missed your answer to my question anna:

Is homosexuality no longer a sin?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

It's not a sin to the pastor in the OP, so let's go with her, because I'm not talking about me today, thanks. And the verse isn't out of context at all, it follows nicely from my earlier post in the thread.

The greatest of these is love... What does that mean, if love is greater even than faith?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

It's not a sin to the pastor in the OP, so let's go with her, because I'm not talking about me today, thanks.

Since the tattooed woman isn't here to represent herself, and you seem to agree with her, I thought I'd let you be her mouthpiece.

And the verse isn't out of context at all, it follows nicely from my earlier post in the thread.

The greatest of these is love... What does that mean, if love is greater even than faith?

Love is a subjective word. Taken out of context, (as you've done), it really is hate, as you're not only leading people to live an extremely unhealthy and destructive lifestyle here on earth, you're leading them to eternal damnation.

If you really want to know about love, read (and seriously think about) Matthew 22:37-40.