Mystery of Godliness !

beloved57

One of the mysteries of Godliness is the fact that some men believe on Jesus Christ 1 Tim 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Jesus Christ is God manifested in the flesh, which in itself is one of the branches if the Mystery of Godliness, see Jn 1:1,14

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 Jn 1:2

For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us)

But again notice something else is a branch of the Mystery of Godliness, the fact that this God Man manifested in the flesh was believed on in the world. Thats because naturally with man its not possible for men to believe on The God Man, it must be given by Grace. Jesus told peter following peters confession Matt 16:13-17
13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

See a Mystery is something that in order to know it, it must be revealed. Peter didn't know the Messiahship of the Son of God naturally. Neither do we, if we if we know the True God manifested in the flesh at all.

beloved57

Scripture tells more of this mystery of Godliness, that of Jesus being believed on in the world. Remember it was recorded in Jn 1:11-13

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Men will believe on Christ if they have been born of God, thats a Mystery of Godliness.

Bradley D

Born of God by Faith.

"because everyone who has been born of God conquers the world. This is the victory that has conquered the world: our faith" (1 John 5:4).

marke

Scripture tells more of this mystery of Godliness, that of Jesus being believed on in the world. Remember it was recorded in Jn 1:11-13

Men will believe on Christ if they have been born of God, thats a Mystery of Godliness.
The Bible says sinners who receive the word of God preached to them by inspiration from the Holy Spirit will be given the power to become sons of God and will be baptized in the Holy Spirit after they believe.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

beloved57

Born of God by Faith.

"because everyone who has been born of God conquers the world. This is the victory that has conquered the world: our faith" (1 John 5:4).
Thats a false teaching. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 not of the flesh. You must believe human faith of the flesh gives new spiritual life. Thats works

beloved57

Then explain this verse.

Born of God by Faith.

You dont listen to my explanations, so I dont do explaining unless I do it when I start my threads or post.