my (@ this point random) thoughts re the pope/politics

republicanchick

Ok, as most of you know, I am Catholic and stick to ALL that the Church teaches (Oh wait... I TRY to...)

There seem to not be many of those kind of cahtolics around here .. and few in the world @ large (?), but in any case..

I didn't like him even mentioning "climate change" b/c there is a lot of science that refutes.. the notion that humans are SERIOUSLY affecting the climate.. I realize we probably are affecting it SOME, but... I doubt it is a serious problem

And even if it were.. there is no more serious problem in the world than.. the other things Pope F talked about, namely the disrespect for life.. I felt he didn't elaborate on that topic as much as the topic warrants... but then... Who evr COULD? Still.. it was od

and yet maybe he is just trying to.. I mean, if he had been totally against ALL of the president's ideas, he wouldn't probably have gotten invited to the WH... so maybe...

maybe he was being a little poltical? if you want to use that word to describe.. bending a little so as to achieve a greater good?

+++

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Ok, as most of you know, I am Catholic and stick to ALL that the Church teaches (Oh wait... I TRY to...)

There seem to not be many of those kind of cahtolics around here .. and few in the world @ large (?), but in any case..

I didn't like him even mentioning "climate change" b/c there is a lot of science that refutes.. the notion that humans are SERIOUSLY affecting the climate.. I realize we probably are affecting it SOME, but... I doubt it is a serious problem

And even if it were.. there is no more serious problem in the world than.. the other things Pope F talked about, namely the disrespect for life.. I felt he didn't elaborate on that topic as much as the topic warrants... but then... Who evr COULD? Still.. it was od

and yet maybe he is just trying to.. I mean, if he had been totally against ALL of the president's ideas, he wouldn't probably have gotten invited to the WH... so maybe...

maybe he was being a little poltical? if you want to use that word to describe.. bending a little so as to achieve a greater good?

+++

Not to offend but, your pope is a secular man, giving a secular message devoid of the message of Christ & him crucified. I felt that he missed the mark on many points choosing to follow pop culture & not God, that was my personal take away.

republicanchick

Not to offend but, your pope is a secular man, giving a secular message devoid of the message of Christ .

not true

When you learn to accept reality, I will respond.. not reading the rest of your post here b/c idon't appreciate truth-benders, truth-deniers... etc..

sick o'them... got enough of those in government

+++

musterion

Not to offend but, your pope is a secular man, giving a secular message devoid of the message of Christ & him crucified. I felt that he missed the mark on many points choosing to follow pop culture & not God, that was my personal take away.

Just read that for all the leftist blather he gave out on various leftist topics, he said only one line about abortion. Odd, that.

republicanchick

Just read that for all the leftist blather he gave out on various leftist topics, he said only one line about abortion. Odd, that.

the pope is trying to reach out to ALL humans, Catholic and non-C and nonchristian

you don't do that by insulting their (albeit often misguided or even diabolical beliefs)

+++

musterion

the pope is trying to reach out to ALL humans, Catholic and non-C and nonchristian

you don't do that by insulting their (albeit often misguided or even diabolical beliefs)

Nothing is more diabolical than a denial of the cross by promoting a false gospel of work-earned salvation.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

A one liner on abortion, a one liner on the murder of Christians around the globe, a diatribe about the climate change scam...maybe I missed it, where was the message of Christ & Him crucified in that secular mess? :idunno:

musterion

A one liner on abortion, a one liner on the murder of Christians around the globe, a diatribe about the climate change scam...maybe I missed it, where was the message of Christ & him crucified in that secular mess? :idunno:

Maybe R-Chick will tell us where it was.

musterion

She took what I said as a personal attack which it was not, it was an honest assessment based upon his own words.

No, she didn't take it as a personal attack. She knows it wasn't. She just doesn't want to address uncomfortable points, so she tries to make it all about you to fog the air. She's dishonest.

Christian Liberty

A one liner on abortion, a one liner on the murder of Christians around the globe, a diatribe about the climate change scam...maybe I missed it, where was the message of Christ & Him crucified in that secular mess? :idunno:

The Pope doesn't believe it...

He should never have been allowed in the country.

republicanchick

the only thing really disturbing about the pope is that he favors the Iran Deal.. what he knows of it

none of us knows much

which of course is the most troubling of all..

__

republicanchick

Iran knows . . .that's what's important - not

yeh, Iran is all that matters to the Admin

that guy.. trying to recall his name.. but he is military, featured on Fox here and there

he said the Administration is.. I believe he used the word Traitor..

well, someone has some cajones..

___