My Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I do have a belief. It is based on scripture.

Of course. Scripture is sacred writings and it is right to consider them. But, you do know that there are other sacred writings right?

But when you say scripture you say bible. Which is fine. It’s just that the Bible isn’t really true. For example, according to the bible, there are satyrs dancing in the ruins of Babylon. We know this is not true because we have actually uncovered the ruins of Babylon, and there are no satyrs there and never were.

Now, satyrs aren’t really real. They are ideas of Greek Mythonlogy. They don’t exist, are pagan, and are in the Bible.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course. Scripture is sacred writings and it is right to consider them. But, you do know that there are other sacred writings right?

But when you say scripture you say bible. Which is fine. It’s just that the Bible isn’t really true. For example, according to the bible, there are satyrs dancing in the ruins of Babylon. We know this is not true because we have actually uncovered the ruins of Babylon, and there are no satyrs there and never were.

Now, satyrs aren’t really real. They are ideas of Greek Mythonlogy. They don’t exist, are pagan, and are in the Bible.
I am curious.

Where in the Bible?

Of course I believe that the Bible is true.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I am curious.

Where in the Bible?

Of course I believe that the Bible is true.

Dude. Find it for yourself. It’s so easy. You just go to biblegateway.com which has most versions, select “King James Version” then type in the word satyr in the search engine.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Dude. Find it for yourself. It’s so easy. You just go to biblegateway.com which has most versions, select “King James Version” then type in the word satyr in the search engine.
Interesting. Thanks! Other translations say wild goats. I do not know what a satyr is.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Interesting. Thanks! Other translations say wild goats. I do not know what a satyr is.

It will be my pleasure to speak truth with you Jacob, in hopes that it will spare you the pain it caused me.

I will be glad to tell you about satyrs. This is the King James Bible.

"But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there." Is. 13.21

The satyr is a product of Greek Mythology, which has figured prominently in our collective mindset (which should come as no surprise, since they are the only nation to actually rule the world - for the most part) as a result of the beliefs of ancient Greeks.

Anyway, the satyr is a half man, half goat creature.

link

Aimiel

The Hebrew word for goat is "שׂעיר (saiyr)." It refers to the animal, but also to goat demons (Leviticus 17:7). The term “satyr” is Greek, but it strongly resembles the Hebrew "saiyr." The Greek "satyr" may actually be based on the Hebrew "saiyr." The roguish and debaucherous half-goat creature of Greek mythology strongly resembles the “goat demon” mentioned in Scripture. The ESV and NASB also translate "saiyr" as "goat demons" in Leviticus 17:7. The NASB even has “satyrs” in 2 Chronicles 11:15 where the KJV has “devils.” In Isaiah 13:21, the satyrs “dance” – a trademark activity of satyrs in mythology. Rather than assuming that the KJV's satyr is based on Greek mythology, it may be more reasonable to think that the Greek mythology is based on the Hebrew goat demon referred to as "saiyr."

SOURCE ARTICLE

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
This is not the only place where errors are found within the bible of course. There are so many errors in the Bible that they are actually classified by type.

Anyway, the word “Lucifer” should not actually be found in the Bible, but it is. It is found in the King James Bible in the Book of Isaiah. Yet, “Lucifer” is a Latin word which in no way resembles the original Hebrew.

Lucifer is a Latin word which is from a language that didn’t even exist when the Hebrew Bible was written, but there it is, right in English for us to think about. But it isn’t real, the Hebrew word is not Lucifer. The oldest known bible is the Dead Sea Scrolls version. It is in Hebrew and Lucifer is not there.

The Isaiah scrolls from the Dead Sea caves are available online for you to research for yourself to see if what I say is truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It will be my pleasure to speak truth with you Jacob, in hopes that it will spare you the pain it caused me.

I will be glad to tell you about satyrs. This is the King James Bible.

"But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there." Is. 13.21

The satyr is a product of Greek Mythology, which has figured prominently in our collective mindset (which should come as no surprise, since they are the only nation to actually rule the world - for the most part) as a result of the beliefs of ancient Greeks.

Anyway, the satyr is a half man, half goat creature.

link
I doubt that this is what the Bible means.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This is not the only place where errors are found within the bible of course. There are so many errors in the Bible that they are actually classified by type.

Anyway, the word “Lucifer” should not actually be found in the Bible, but it is. It is found in the King James Bible in the Book of Isaiah. Yet, “Lucifer” is a Latin word which in no way resembles the original Hebrew.

Lucifer is a Latin word which is from a language that didn’t even exist when the Hebrew Bible was written, but there it is, right in English for us to think about. But it isn’t real, the Hebrew word is not Lucifer. The oldest known bible is the Dead Sea Scrolls version. It is in Hebrew and Lucifer is not there.

The Isaiah scrolls from the Dead Sea caves are available online for you to research for yourself to see if what I say is truth.
I don't know how to do that but I do know that Lucifer is not Hebrew.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I doubt that this is what the Bible means.

So, what you’re saying is that the Bible doesn’t actually means what it says.

Well Jacob, allow me to ask you, if you don’t mind, how is a person supposed to believe in something that they don’t understand because it doesn’t say what it means?

Aimiel

The list of ACTUAL errors in The Bible is less than my right index finger. Men have been trying to no avail to disprove Scripture. It hasn't happened yet, with about 2,000 years of trying. It's just NOT going to happen. Please guess again. It's still your turn.

bibleverse2

The list of ACTUAL errors in The Bible is less than my right index finger.

Amen.

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Men have been trying to no avail to disprove Scripture.

That's right, for they think: "Isn't the Bible's inerrancy a stupid idea, because it can be defeated by just a single error anywhere in the Bible?"

The answer is No. For the Bible's inerrancy is taught by the Bible itself (2 Timothy 3:16-17), while the idea of the Bible's errancy renders it useless. For then we can claim that any part of the Bible which we personally do not like is in error. And so we vitiate the whole purpose of the Bible, which is to be "profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16b-17). That is, if the Bible contained errors, then we could reject its doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness whenever we personally felt like it (2 Timothy 4:3-4), claiming that it is in error in those instances.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 means that in a wrong desire to continue in their lusts without repentance, even some Christians can reach the point where they become no longer able to endure the sound doctrine of the Bible, and instead seek out and latch onto any false teachings which will help to support them in their lusts (1 Timothy 4:1-2).

Regarding Isaiah 14:12, there the original Hebrew word (heylel: H1966) translated as "Lucifer" in the KJV and as "morning star" in the NIV means "the morning star" (Strong's Hebrew Dictionary). The KJV translates it as "Lucifer" because in English, "Lucifer" in its etymology means "the morning star" (Webster's English Dictionary).

Also, Lucifer's, the devil's, theology is to contradict God's Word with something which sounds better to humans, to deceive them into rejecting God's will (Genesis 3:1-6, Matthew 16:21-23; 1 Timothy 4:1; 2 Timothy 4:3-4).

For it is the Bible which is able to make people wise unto salvation through faith which is in Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 3:15; 1 Peter 1:23-25, Romans 10:17, Acts 13:48, James 1:18). All of the Bible's teachings were given by the inspiration of God, and so they are all true and God's Word (2 Timothy 3:16 to 4:4). Jesus Christ says: "If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed" (John 8:31). Christians must be willing to die before they would deny any part of His Word (Mark 8:35-38). One of Satan's (Lucifer's) prime aims is to get people to reject all or parts of God's Word, and start believing something else which sounds better to them as humans (Genesis 3:1-6, Matthew 16:21-23; 1 Timothy 4:1; 2 Timothy 4:3-4), but which cannot save their souls from hell, so that they will end up suffering in fire and brimstone with Satan and his fallen angels forever (Matthew 25:41,46, Revelation 20:10,15, Revelation 14:10-11).

Aimiel

No scientific, historic or prophetic fact stated in The Holy Scriptures has ever been proven false. That's a claim that NO other record of history in antiquity can lay claim to.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So, what you’re saying is that the Bible doesn’t actually means what it says.

Well Jacob, allow me to ask you, if you don’t mind, how is a person supposed to believe in something that they don’t understand because it doesn’t say what it means?
You either need the original language or a good translation.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
No scientific, historic or prophetic fact stated in The Holy Scriptures has ever been proven false. That's a claim that NO other record of history in antiquity can lay claim to.

That is simply false. I just gave you one. There are no satyrs in Babylon.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
The list of ACTUAL errors in The Bible is less than my right index finger. Men have been trying to no avail to disprove Scripture. It hasn't happened yet, with about 2,000 years of trying. It's just NOT going to happen. Please guess again. It's still your turn.

The list of copyist errors and translation errors alone is as long or longer than your index finger. When you add “bible errata” that is printing errors, it exceeds your index fingers.

The list of actual contradictions in the Bible is probably as long as your arm, and this does not include text additions and deletions. This is factual information that any one can look up in seconds in today’s world of internet computers. People who don’t see it, or don’t believe it simply don’t want to.

People who value truth will find a way to work it out and the others will probably not even bother to look into it. FWIW.

Aimiel

The list of copyist errors and translation errors alone is as long or longer than your index finger. When you add “bible errata” that is printing errors, it exceeds your index fingers.

The list of actual contradictions in the Bible is probably as long as your arm, and this does not include text additions and deletions. This is factual information that any one can look up in seconds in today’s world of internet computers. People who don’t see it, or don’t believe it simply don’t want to.

People who value truth will find a way to work it out and the others will probably not even bother to look into it. FWIW.
The fact is: Scripture is inerrant. If you don't believe that, that's not my problem. Your lack of faith in God's Word is on you, not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.