My experiences

SubjectJack

Hello friends,
I'm very interested in theology so thought I'd try out a site like this to learn from people and give something back from all the books I have read. I do however have a long dark history, that of a nine year stint suffering schizophrenia. I mention it because it was so spiritually themed, I was involved in a battle between heaven and hell for years and went to a own personal hell so black and hard that I can barely believe I survived. I tell people that I experienced approximately 1000 days of constant waking nightmares, terror so black it makes my soul shiver to think about it even years later and had to listen to tourtre constantly for years whenever I sat to be quiet. This still goes on today, although it has lessened quite a bit and I am getting better! The only light in the darkness was God, who has helped me constantly through my experiences as have His angels. So if you believe in God and angels your on the right track.

However there are some things that I categorically reject in many of the mainstream religions doctrine, such as there ever being a God created hell. Your talking to someone who had visions of this place and heard it and felt it, but I believe that there is no such place ever for any man or woman ever. I believe this because I know the God I met would never do something so horrendous as to send someone to that place. People band the word around, believing in hell, saying you will go to hell if you don't do this or that like its a mild, small thing, but until you've felt the heat and heard the screams you cannot say that people deserve it or don't, you simply don't know enough about it. If you had had my experiences then you would believe that no man or woman ever goes there, it's just that bad!

So that's my main qualm with the main stream religion, and I have been guided to find a more spiritually focused path, that of the New Age doctrine. Teachings like "all there is is love", "we are all one" and "stillness speaks" have been proved to me as 100% true through my meditation practices. These are very useful teachings for spiritual development.

I'd love to get a few different perspectives on these dark experiences (it could all have been mental illness), from different theologies and ask people if you really saw hell would you honestly, honestly believe it to be justice?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
However there are some things that I categorically reject in many of the mainstream religions doctrine, such as there ever being a God created hell.

I agree with you about hell
but
you don't have to reject mainstream religion because of it

non-catholics here literally give me hell for not accepting it

no problem for me

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus said that humans do not have an immortal soul.

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matthew 10:28 NKJV)​

Souls can be destroyed.

SubjectJack

Ah yes, that is true but there are many irregularities in the ancient books and organised religion has a very bloody history. I'm not sure I want to be a part of something like that when the New Age movement has so many books written recently that also are said to speak for God. God speaks to everyone all the time and it is not about who he speaks to but who listens. I think any answer to any question is open to us by tuning in with the universe as "stillness speaks". It really does speak, just not with words. Millions of whisperings at once is how I put it. Do you meditate?

SubjectJack

That previous post was to chrysostom, I don't think that energy can be destroyed, only changed. This is generally accepted wisdom. We are pure spirit which is an incredibly powerful force, a God that gives you an amazing gift of a soul and then destroys it with pain sounds implausible

Robert Pate

Banned
That previous post was to chrysostom, I don't think that energy can be destroyed, only changed. This is generally accepted wisdom. We are pure spirit which is an incredibly powerful force, a God that gives you an amazing gift of a soul and then destroys it with pain sounds implausible

The Bible teaches that there is a hell.

You don't have to go there if you have Christ as your savior.

Otherwise you are doomed.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Jesus said that humans do not have an immortal soul.

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matthew 10:28 NKJV)​

Souls can be destroyed.

you got that right

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Ah yes, that is true but there are many irregularities in the ancient books and organised religion has a very bloody history. I'm not sure I want to be a part of something like that when the New Age movement has so many books written recently that also are said to speak for God. God speaks to everyone all the time and it is not about who he speaks to but who listens. I think any answer to any question is open to us by tuning in with the universe as "stillness speaks". It really does speak, just not with words. Millions of whisperings at once is how I put it. Do you meditate?

yes I do
and I have accepted beliefs from other religions

mostly from the hindus
namely
reincarnation
and
one substance
i.e. nothing exists outside of God

nikolai_42

Hello friends,
I'm very interested in theology so thought I'd try out a site like this to learn from people and give something back from all the books I have read. I do however have a long dark history, that of a nine year stint suffering schizophrenia. I mention it because it was so spiritually themed, I was involved in a battle between heaven and hell for years and went to a own personal hell so black and hard that I can barely believe I survived. I tell people that I experienced approximately 1000 days of constant waking nightmares, terror so black it makes my soul shiver to think about it even years later and had to listen to tourtre constantly for years whenever I sat to be quiet. This still goes on today, although it has lessened quite a bit and I am getting better! The only light in the darkness was God, who has helped me constantly through my experiences as have His angels. So if you believe in God and angels your on the right track.

However there are some things that I categorically reject in many of the mainstream religions doctrine, such as there ever being a God created hell. Your talking to someone who had visions of this place and heard it and felt it, but I believe that there is no such place ever for any man or woman ever. I believe this because I know the God I met would never do something so horrendous as to send someone to that place. People band the word around, believing in hell, saying you will go to hell if you don't do this or that like its a mild, small thing, but until you've felt the heat and heard the screams you cannot say that people deserve it or don't, you simply don't know enough about it. If you had had my experiences then you would believe that no man or woman ever goes there, it's just that bad!

So that's my main qualm with the main stream religion, and I have been guided to find a more spiritually focused path, that of the New Age doctrine. Teachings like "all there is is love", "we are all one" and "stillness speaks" have been proved to me as 100% true through my meditation practices. These are very useful teachings for spiritual development.

I'd love to get a few different perspectives on these dark experiences (it could all have been mental illness), from different theologies and ask people if you really saw hell would you honestly, honestly believe it to be justice?

So who do you say Jesus is? Was He who He claimed to be? What do you believe as far as His teachings go?

Jamie Gigliotti

Hello friends,

It's seems so ironic that You say you have seen the darkness and recognized it and have seen Hell and yet you deny it.

Think of the love and light of God and being separated from it forever. That is Hell.

God does love us so much to suffer the Cross, to try and save the lost from eternal separation from Him, that His Holiness demands from those are are filled with the darkness. Oil and water don't mix, and neither does the light and the darkness.

His Holy nature is something you may want to discover more, the very same nature that brings His great love.

With Christ we have authority over the darkness. It flees at the use of the power Christ gives us over it, in faith. Praying for you.

djokica8

Hello friends,

Have you seen hell?
Did you met god?
If answer to one or both of these questions is yes...
Then you are not only mentaly ill, you are stupid too.