MUST WE CONFESS EVERY SIN TO BE FORGIVEN?

Spockrates

I am also a big fan of socrates
-but
-the first time I mentioned his name
-I was told that he is still burning in hell
-how would you deal with that?

Maybe ask a simple question like, "Please tell me: Why do you believe that?" That is, show by example that his method was good. I mean, who is more willing to accept the truth someone tries to give them? One who wants to understand what they believe and why they believe and asks questions? Or one who has already made up their mind that what they believe is untrue and wants to prove them wrong?

That's the beauty of our modern world. The revival of real dialog is probable, if only people are willing to consider what the other has to say instead of winning some kind of debate.

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers of his own assertions. And the difference between him and me at the present moment is only this — that whereas he seeks to convince his hearers that what he says is true, I am rather seeking to convince myself!"
- Socrates (Phaedo)

Spockrates

In Jesus' time Jesus' teachings were very new to all of them. and He went place to place. He met all kinds of people, yet I am sure there are many new people asking the same kind of questions. Jesus of course interacted with them.

It is not the same here.

Most here already made up their mind of their faith. Many questions are not to trying to understand them. It is to attack them by finding the loopholes of their enemy.

I have one poster just PMed me to do the same thing.

Yes. But I wasn't talking about the new people. I was talking about his closest friends, who listened to him teach every day. Why do you think he had to keep repeating himself to them?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And Chris, you are one of mainstreamers too.

You won't get the same kind of treatment like I do.

I have to be careful so I wont get infraction by taking their bait.

I have to defend myself to stay here, ignoring pesky posters is one of them.

I am no way like Jesus.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes. But I wasn't talking about the new people. I was talking about his closest friends, who listened to him teach every day. Why do you think he had to keep repeating himself to them?

Because He knew they just did not understand and they were not doing that to make Him angry.

they were all sincere questions that they did not understand.

and remember, those closest ones abandoned their lives to follow Him.

And most of us already confessing to know Jesus.

Fighting and arguing about the faith is not Jesus' way.

His followers are supposed to evangelize to non-believers, not attacking those who dont agree with your man-made doctrine is not Jesus' way.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
you really know how to hurt a guy
-we agree on most things
-it is easy to list those where we disagree
-Jesus is God
-We must be involved with politics

You see, this is one of big difference especially Christians involved in the politics.

I have already explained that Jesus said His followers are not of the world and you continually disregard His word.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Spocrates,

I have a question for you.

It seems that you are not a Christian yet.

Are you interested in becoming Jesus' follower?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You see, this is one of big difference especially Christians involved in the politics.

I have already explained that Jesus said His followers are not of the world and you continually disregard His word.

Jesus said

Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ok, I just looked at your profile saying you are a Christian.

So I take back that question.

Why so many questions to the Christians?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
some don't believe Jesus is God
-and
-some don't believe in politics
-and
-you have to wonder why
-that is why we ask questions

And you know why, you are not a newbie, and most questioners are not newbies.

And I have already answered them tons of times.