Muslims murder in Denmark

shagster01

Define 'Christian' laws. Be specific.

There is the mosaic law, the noahide, the canon, the book of discipline, and many combinations and varieties depending on each denomination or particular sect.

I define any religious law as the "because God says" laws. Such as making homosexuality illegal, punishment for blasphemy, etc...

Obviously good things are tucked in those books too, (don't murder, for example) but as a whole they fall short.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
There is the mosaic law, the noahide, the canon, the book of discipline, and many combinations and varieties depending on each denomination or particular sect.

I define any religious law as the "because God says" laws. Such as making homosexuality illegal, punishment for blasphemy, etc...

Obviously good things are tucked in those books too, (don't murder, for example) but as a whole they fall short.
Who should decide what the laws are, you?

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
Nature makes the laws. There is no perfect way to figure out the details, but I think democracy, or as close as you can realistically get to it, works the best.
Are you saying that the majority should determine right from wrong? Do you believe that human nature will decide to do what's right?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess we don't have to wait for you to be pronounced a troll; your behavior makes the conclusion obvious. You have no intention of carrying on a civil discussion.

There is no reason to carry on a civil discussion with you, because you care not about reason.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Think of the Fundies we have around here. Would you feel safe if aCW and Nick M had any real power?

Nick talks about wanting to nuke entire populations and aCW wants to raise the prison population to greater than the non-prison population.

They do not sound safe to me.

And I have the perfect cellmate picked out just for you Doper:

11-lets-go-to-prison-17.jpg

Morpheus

Define 'Christian' laws. Be specific.

There are no Christian laws per se. There is what is referred to as the law of grace or liberty, which is not actually a law in the traditional sense. We have Mosaic law, but it, having been fulfilled by Christ, is now only a guideline, or "tutor" for Christian behavior. We have the rest of the scripture that gives us a glimpse of insight into the mind of God so we can have some idea what is pleasing and displeasing to him. That way, when we love Him and want to live a life pleasing to Him we might know how. But that is not law. Law is a governmental term. Laws are rules of a nation with delineated consequences. God gave the nation of Israel laws (although the nation was nomadic at the time, and had not yet established its territory) because they were an earthly kingdom. Islam (also descendants of Abraham) believes they received those same laws, as well as later laws from Mohammed, because they consider themselves an earthly kingdom. Christianity needs no laws since, as stated before, Christ fulfilled the old law, and His kingdom is not earthly.

Romans 3:21-24
21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [l]who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all [m]have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;

Romans 3:27,28
27 Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. 28 [r]For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

Romans 10:4
4 For Christ is the [a]end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

I Corinthians 10:23
All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.

Galatians 2:21
I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”

Galatians 3:24
Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

Galatians 5:24
You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Hebrews 7:11-22
11 Now if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the people received the Law), what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be designated according to the order of Aaron? 12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also. 13 For the one concerning whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no one has officiated at the altar. 14 For it is evident that our Lord [f]was descended from Judah, a tribe with reference to which Moses spoke nothing concerning priests. 15 And this is clearer still, if another priest arises according to the likeness of Melchizedek, 16 who has become such not on the basis of a law of [g]physical requirement, but according to the power of an indestructible life. 17 For it is attested of Him,

“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”
18 For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of its weakness and uselessness 19 (for the Law made nothing perfect), and on the other hand there is a bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God. 20 And inasmuch as it was not without an oath 21 (for they indeed became priests without an oath, but He with an oath through the One who said to Him,

“The Lord has sworn
And will not change His mind,
‘You are a priest forever’”);
22 so much the more also Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

James 1:25
25 But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but [z]an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in [aa]what he does.

Hebrews 8:13
13 When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is [j]ready to disappear.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Are religious people without a human nature?

i think he means people in general. he must, because it all comes down to Self (ishness), whether it's 1 or ANY group or # of folks, - power, greed, lust, control, growth and expansion, etc. etc. - Self. that is human nature, religious or not. -

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
i think he means people in general. he must, because it all comes down to Self (ishness), whether it's 1 or ANY group or # of folks, - power, greed, lust, control, growth and expansion, etc. etc. - Self. that is human nature, religious or not. -
He appears to be saying that only non-religious people will do what is right. Because even though religious people have a human nature, they won't do what's right. In other words, he think that all religious people are evil and will make laws that won't let him do what he wants to do.

Morpheus

Well, I don't boast about how wonderful I think I am.

Why are you involved in "worldly matters" when you just said that Satan loves that?

It's rather hypocritical of you to criticize others for wanting to make a difference in this world by getting involved in government, when you sit and boast about you doing it.

I think you're a flake.

I believe that there is nothing to boast of; the Spirit performed through me, I didn't do these things of my own volition, I simply yielded to the movement of the Spirit. You boldly made ignorant statements about child-rearing and apathy without evidence. I simply supplied you the evidence of my apathy. There was nothing worldly in what I did. Trying to influence lawmakers and society in issues of human need or morality is quite different from Christianity controlling government.

When it comes to your opinion of me, who cares? You have given me no reason to hold any of your opinions in regard. As far as you constantly attacking Christ's children, and belittling the works of the Spirit performed through them, I can only warn you as I have done NickM, blasphemy of the Spirit is not taken lightly.

So now child, I suggest you go back to your toys and milk, then return when you mature and can handle meat. From what you have shown so far you claim a faith, but have no real idea what it entails, and show no evidence of that faith in your actions or behaviors. To learn you have to hear; and to hear you have to be quiet.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
As far as you constantly attacking Christ's children, and belittling the works of the Spirit performed through them, I can only warn you as I have done NickM, blasphemy of the Spirit is not taken lightly.
You don't have the Spirit, so I'm unconcerned.

shagster01

He appears to be saying that only non-religious people will do what is right.

No. You are stuck on this right and wrong business.

Because even though religious people have a human nature, they won't do what's right.

If by "right" you mean go with nature, then yes, with exceptions of course.

In other words, he think that all religious people are evil and will make laws that won't let him do what he wants to do.

You make these big broad generalizations a lot. Is that to distract from something?

I do not think religious people are evil. I don't believe in evil. Sometimes I use the word as a slang type word for something I detest, but I don't waste my time with it otherwise.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Do you mind living in countries where there are laws banning something in shariah law (or vice versa)?

Taquiyya is why I think that Islam is not good. This is so subjective and open to interpretation that it makes it difficult for people to trust you. And this whole business of dying a martyr sounds pretty shady as well, considering how some people have used that notion to justify being bad.

Please reply...

Be more specific. I can sign up to live in a country that does not subscribe to sharia law through citizenship or visa etc. This is in effect a covenant, between me and the state of that country. I should not break any law. So that becomes my sharia - breaking this law is haram/forbidden. If this law compels me to sin (break God's laws), and that is rarely the case, then emigration becomes farl/compulsory upon me.

Taqiyya is not something in the fundamentals and 99% of Sunni Muslims would have no idea of it. It only becomes an issue when we are under a death threat, at gunpoint etc. We can lie if lying is gonna save our skin for our family. But its always better to be witty like Abraham was or die a martyr. Martyrdom is the best way to die and there are many ways to achieve that. For example dying in childbirth, drowning, protecting life or property etc.

The Quran does admit the fact that it is bound to be misinterpreted. Life is a test of faith and this is one means of testing

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Muslims murder in Denmark

Where is the concern for the 1000's of innocent Muslims killed in the Middle East through Western interference and meddling in their affairs?