Muslims and Islam

chair

I have many reasons to hate Muslims and Islam. More than the vast majority of posters here. Here’s why:
1. On 2 December 2001, a suicide bomber blew up a bus in my home town. I was in the bus right behind it. Our windshield was blown in, but no major injuries. On our bus, that is. 15 killed in the bus in front of us. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haifa_bus_16_suicide_bombing
2. I knew several people killed by Muslim terrorists. Been to funerals. Paid condolence calls.
3. In 2006, as part of the Second Lebanese War, I had the pleasure of hiding in my bomb shelter while Hezbollah rained rockets on us. I also had the pleasure of lying down in a ditch outside when I was on the road and the sirens went off.
4. I also have had the pleasure of Hamas’s attention, thank you.
5. Been in the military here (Israel, if that isn’t obvious). Have two sons in the reserves here as well.
6. I know that expansion and violence are an integral part of classic Islam. I do not deny that.
And yet- I do not hate Muslims as a group. Nor do I think that Islam is hopeless, and will always be bogged down in violence. Here’s why:
I live with Muslims.
I had a Muslim (Alawite) PhD chemist who worked for me.
The carpenter who did some work in our kitchen- Sunni (Bedouin)
When in a hospital in Jerusalem, about half of the nurses are Muslim. There are Arabic speaking doctors as well, but they may be Christian (Muslim women are easier to identify, at least those who wear a Hijab).
I see Muslim university students- including many women (this is quite revolutionary in their traditional society).
I see the Ahmadiyya community in my city. Did you know that they translated part of the Koran into Yiddish?
So though I am aware that Islam is problematic, I am also aware that it possible to integrate Muslims into society. Not only is it possible- it is necessary.

CherubRam

Always, without exception, when Muslims reach a majority they feel embolden to enforce their beliefs. That is just the nature of their religion.

Truster

I have many reasons to hate Muslims and Islam. More than the vast majority of posters here. Here’s why:
1. On 2 December 2001, a suicide bomber blew up a bus in my home town. I was in the bus right behind it. Our windshield was blown in, but no major injuries. On our bus, that is. 15 killed in the bus in front of us. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haifa_bus_16_suicide_bombing
2. I knew several people killed by Muslim terrorists. Been to funerals. Paid condolence calls.
3. In 2006, as part of the Second Lebanese War, I had the pleasure of hiding in my bomb shelter while Hezbollah rained rockets on us. I also had the pleasure of lying down in a ditch outside when I was on the road and the sirens went off.
5. Been in the military here (Israel, if that isn’t obvious). Have two sons in the reserves here as well.
6. I know that expansion and violence are an integral part of classic Islam. I do not deny that.
And yet- I do not hate Muslims as a group. Nor do I think that Islam is hopeless, and will always be bogged down in violence. Here’s why:
I live with Muslims.
When in a hospital in Jerusalem, about half of the nurses are Muslim. There are Arabic speaking doctors as well, but they may be Christian (Muslim women are easier to identify, at least those who wear a Hijab).
I see Muslim university students- including many women (this is quite revolutionary in their traditional society).
I see the Ahmadiyya community in my city. Did you know that they translated part of the Koran into Yiddish?
So though I am aware that Islam is problematic, I am also aware that it possible to integrate Muslims into society. Not only is it possible- it is necessary.

If you don't hate those that oppose and hate the truth. Then the Truth is not in you.

"Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me.

"He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad".

chair

If you don't hate those that oppose and hate the truth. Then the Truth is not in you.

"Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me.

"He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad".

Reality is that you need to get along with people who don't agree with you. Unless you want to battle everything and everybody all the time.

Truster

Reality is that you need to get along with people who don't agree with you. Unless you want to battle everything and everybody all the time.

My battle is against those that oppose the truth and I both love and enjoy the fight. It's what I've been equipped to do.

Please don't assume that your thoughts are in line with the "reality" of my election and calling. By your very own words you condemn yourself and the scriptures I provided are confirmation of both the fact and the reality of your disobedient spirit.

"the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

chair

My battle is against those that oppose the truth and I both love and enjoy the fight. It's what I've been equipped to do.

Please don't assume that your thoughts are in line with the "reality" of my election and calling. By your very own words you condemn yourself and the scriptures I provided are confirmation of both the fact and the reality of your disobedient spirit.

"the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

You sound like a Christian Jihadist

Fatihah

BANNED
Banned
I live with Muslims.

Response: Using that logic, we should definitely hate all white people because of the oppression of Blacks and white supremacy in order to colonize Muslim lands, hate the Asians because of the Samsung phones that blew people up, hate women because of whores , hate Blacks because of street gangs, etc..

So basically, we all have good reason to hate you. So by your own logic, since it is okay to judge a group on the actions of some within the grouo, it must therefore be okay for those Muslims to blow people up and be terrorosts.

Fatihah

BANNED
Banned
...I am also aware that it possible to integrate Muslims into society. Not only is it possible- it is necessary.

Response: Islam is definitely not problematic. It is of the best in morality and decency, as shown from the Qur'an and Sunnah. Even freely thinking westerners freely choose to embrace Islam. Islam is not the problem. The problem is poverty and oppression and when people are faced with such, they become extreme and use any means to lash out against those they feel were their oppressors. For Muslims in Middle-Eastern countries, that enemy is the West and others, ever since the West tried to achieve imperialism and colonize Muslim lands.

chair

Response: Islam is definitely not problematic. It is of the best in morality and decency, as shown from the Qur'an and Sunnah. Even freely thinking westerners freely choose to embrace Islam. Islam is not the problem. The problem is poverty and oppression and when people are faced with such, they become extreme and use any means to lash out against those they feel were their oppressors. For Muslims in Middle-Eastern countries, that enemy is the West and others, ever since the West tried to achieve imperialism and colonize Muslim lands.

This is also an oversimplification. Islam has a problematic history. As does Christianity. Blaming the West for everything that is wrong in the Muslim world is popular, but lame. The Middle East, until the 1940's was always ruled by empires. Why blame 30 years of British and French rule for all the problems of the Middle East? What about hundreds of years of Ottoman control?

Several generations have gone by since the West lest most of these countries. Will you blame the West forever- or take responsibility for yourselves? Who is responsible for the poverty in Egypt? The British? Why?

Fatihah

BANNED
Banned
This is also an oversimplification. Islam has a problematic history. As does Christianity. Blaming the West for everything that is wrong in the Muslim world is popular, but lame. The Middle East, until the 1940's was always ruled by empires. Why blame 30 years of British and French rule for all the problems of the Middle East? What about hundreds of years of Ottoman control?

Several generations have gone by since the West lest most of these countries. Will you blame the West forever- or take responsibility for yourselves? Who is responsible for the poverty in Egypt? The British? Why?

Response: Islam does not, nor is it possible for it to have a problematic history. For nothing in its teachings is problematic. What you are referring to is the actions of Muslims in the past and past Muslim empires. However, that has nothing to do with what Islam teaches.

chair

Response: Islam does not, nor is it possible for it to have a problematic history. For nothing in its teachings is problematic. What you are referring to is the actions of Muslims in the past and past Muslim empires. However, that has nothing to do with what Islam teaches.

My understanding is that it is not so simple, however, I am not an expert on Islam. So I can only hope that more Muslims will take the same approach that you do, as many today are quite extreme.