MTG

Derf

No. I would hope most people have got more sense than to buy into her lunacy but there's nothing wrong with pointing it out.
How do you know there are no Jewish space lasers? Pres Reagan tried to build American space lasers. Or is it crazy to talk about that?

And that was 40 years ago.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

So you don't know, but won't admit it.
Oh get a grip. Reagan touted SDI (Strategic Defense Initiative) back in the mid 80's when the arms race was at its peak and if you reckon that justifies MTG's addle brained comments then you are once again in wingnut land.

Derf

Oh get a grip. Reagan touted SDI (Strategic Defense Initiative) back in the mid 80's when the arms race was at its peak and if you reckon that justifies MTG's addle brained comments then you are once again in wingnut land.
And you think because there was an effort to develop space lasers in the 80s, that means no one would be doing the same today? I guess we know who's actually addle-brained.

Arthur Brain

And you think because there was an effort to develop space lasers in the 80s, that means no one would be doing the same today? I guess we know who's actually addle-brained.
Yeah, MTG and anyone gormless enough to give her any credence. You wanna play or just be dumb then go right ahead...

Derf

Yeah, MTG and anyone gormless enough to give her any credence. You wanna play or just be dumb then go right ahead...
I just said there might be Jewish space lasers, and you, not having any idea whether there are or there aren't such, decided that bluster would suffice over substance, and ad hominem over knowledge.

Arthur Brain

I just said there might be Jewish space lasers, and you, not having any idea whether there are or there aren't such, decided that bluster would suffice over substance, and ad hominem over knowledge.
Well, there may well have been Jewish people involved in any such program but if you're in any way familiar with MTG then you should well know that her comments were risible along with all manner of other inanities she's spewed over the years. Heck, context an' all...

Derf

Well, there may well have been Jewish people involved in any such program but if you're in any way familiar with MTG then you should well know that her comments were risible along with all manner of other inanities she's spewed over the years. Heck, context an' all...
And yet, she is able to be a representative of her district for the very reason that she is sometimes wrong and can admit it, unlike quite a few around here. We could definitely use more representatives that Are willing to do that.

Excerpt:
The Georgia lawmaker, who has faced intense bipartisan criticism for her past comments, claimed in a speech on the House floor that she does not believe in a number of the conspiracies she had peddled before taking office.

Arthur Brain

And yet, she is able to be a representative of her district for the very reason that she is sometimes wrong and can admit it, unlike quite a few around here. We could definitely use more representatives that Are willing to do that.

Excerpt:
The Georgia lawmaker, who has faced intense bipartisan criticism for her past comments, claimed in a speech on the House floor that she does not believe in a number of the conspiracies she had peddled before taking office.
Hey, if she recants her loony conspiracy theories then fair enough. About the only sensible move for her to make really.

Last edited: