ECT Mt 7's Lord, Lord and the kingdom

Right Divider

Body part
Well maybe you need to go and read your Bible again! Because Jesus clearly says that the kingdom of God is with you. So it's not me twisting the scriptures!
I know that you've been told this already, but Jesus was speaking to UNBELIEVING Pharisees when He said that.

So you think that the "kingdom of God" is inside of UNBELIEVERS?

You're the one that needs to read it right.

Jerry Shugart

Also It is happening now, you just can't see it! Jesus has returned, he returned in that generation just as he said he would, Jesus doesn't lie.

Do you really believe that this event has already happened?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

And this?:

"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory"
(Mt.24:30).​

Do you really believe that this is happening now?:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth" (Jer.23:5).​

If you really believe those things then what is said here fits you perfectly:

"For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge"
(Ro.10:2).​

I hope that they treat you nicely in your padded cell!

marhig

Do you really believe that this event has already happened?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

And this?:

"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory"

Do you really believe that this is happening now?:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth" (Jer.23:5).​

If you really believe those things then what is said here fits you perfectly:

"For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge"
(Ro.10:2).​

I hope that they treat you nicely in your padded cell!

I don't think it's already happened, I know it has! As Jesus said, the kingdom of God comes not by observation! You won't see him coming in natural clouds and on a natural throne, he didn't want to be a natural king the first time he came, and his kingdom isn't of this world.

Jesus spoke in parables, and he used the things that God created in this world to do so.

I could explain it to you, but I know that there's no point doing so, you can't see things that are written in black and white, so how can you see and understand the spiritual?

But I'm saying one thing, if you don't know that the kingdom of God is within you, then you haven't experienced the power of the holy spirit within. And even by saying that Christ in the midst means that the kingdom is at hand, then still you have no understanding, because if the holy spirit is within you then so is Christ, and if Christ is within then the kingdom of God is within you and the kingdom of God is as hand.

Last edited:

marhig

I know that you've been told this already, but Jesus was speaking to UNBELIEVING Pharisees when He said that.

So you think that the "kingdom of God" is inside of UNBELIEVERS?

You're the one that needs to read it right.

Yes I have, but you don't need to tell me what Jesus means, because I understand what Jesus means perfectly thanks, he means what he says that the kingdom of God is within you!

Although, he wasn't saying that the kingdom of God was in them personally, but in general, saying that it is within the heart. He said neither shall they say, look here, or look there, because the kingdom of God doesn't come by observation, just as Jesus said.

At the end of the day, your saying that I'm twisting scriptures but that's exactly what Jesus said. He said that the kingdom of God is within and I believe him. If you choose not to believe what he says then that's up to you.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes I have, but you don't need to tell me what Jesus means, because I understand what Jesus means perfectly thanks, he means what he says that the kingdom of God is within you!
So you really believe that the kingdom of God with within UNBELIEVERS that rejected Him? :rotfl:

Although, he wasn't saying that the kingdom of God was in them personally, but in general, saying that it is within the heart.
No, that is NOT what He was saying. That is YOUR false interpretation of what He was saying.

He said neither shall they say, look here, or look there, because the kingdom of God doesn't come by observation, just as Jesus said.
Point being that UNBELIEVERS will NEVER see the kingdom of God. Once again, a faulty understanding on your part.

Matt 24:27-31 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:27) For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (24:28) For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. (24:29) ¶ Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (24:30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (24:31) And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Plenty of observation will be going on when the Lord Jesus Christ returns to establish His kingdom.

At the end of the day, your saying that I'm twisting scriptures but that's exactly what Jesus said. He said that the kingdom of God is within and I believe him. If you choose not to believe what he says then that's up to you.
Continue on in your confusion if you like.

marhig

So you really believe that the kingdom of God with within UNBELIEVERS that rejected Him? :rotfl:

No, that is NOT what He was saying. That is YOUR false interpretation of what He was saying.

Point being that UNBELIEVERS will NEVER see the kingdom of God. Once again, a faulty understanding on your part.

Matt 24:27-31 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:27) For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (24:28) For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. (24:29) ¶ Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (24:30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (24:31) And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Plenty of observation will be going on when the Lord Jesus Christ returns to establish His kingdom.

Continue on in your confusion if you like.
No that's not what i am saying, as usual you can't understand, the kingdom of God is within Gods people. It's within those who belong to him. Jesus meant that it isn't seen with the natural eye but it's within our hearts. But you don't see it because you can only see the natural and not the spiritual.

Jerry Shugart

I don't think it's already happened, I know it has! As Jesus said, the kingdom of God comes not by observation! You won't see him coming in natural clouds and on a natural throne, he didn't want to be a natural king the first time he came, and his kingdom isn't of this world.

He said that the kingdom is not "now" of this world. You have been shown this truth more than once and you continue to pervert what He said.

So we are supposed to believe than even though the Lord Jesus said that men would see Him when he comes that He was not speaking in a literal manner?:

And we are supposed to believe that this prophecy is not to be understood literally?

If this prophecy is not to be understood literally then it must have another meaning. Please tell us what that other meaning is.

Thanks!

Right Divider

Body part
No that's not what i am saying, as usual you can't understand, the kingdom of God is within Gods people.
Jesus was speaking to UNBELIEVING Pharisees. Are these "Gods people"?

It's within those who belong to him.
Jesus was speaking to UNBELIEVING Pharisees. Are these the ones that "belong to Him"?

Jesus meant that it isn't seen with the natural eye but it's within our hearts. But you don't see it because you can only see the natural and not the spiritual.
You misunderstand. That's all. When the kingdom comes, it will most definitely be seen. Why do you ignore THOSE verses and passages? You're a ONE VERSE wonder. Believe it all!

DAN P

But that's not what I asked?

And nothing in John 5:7-8 or elsewhere in the Bible, says that all three are one God. It says in those verses that there are three that bare record in heaven, and these three are one. And we are at one with God and Christ when we belong to them. As it says here in John 17

Hi and I wrote that is found in 1 John 5:7 and 8 and NOT John 5:7 and 8 !!

dan p

marhig

He said that the kingdom is not "now" of this world. You have been shown this truth more than once and you continue to pervert what He said.

So we are supposed to believe than even though the Lord Jesus said that men would see Him when he comes that He was not speaking in a literal manner?:

And we are supposed to believe that this prophecy is not to be understood literally?

If this prophecy is not to be understood literally then it must have another meaning. Please tell us what that other meaning is.

Thanks!

No the kingdom of God is not of this world, this world belongs to the prince of this world.

Jerry this is how I see it, if the kingdom of God comes with Christ, then when the holy spirit is within, then Christ is within and if the kingdom of God is with him then the kingdom of God is within us.

It's as clear as crystal, how can you not see it?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No the kingdom of God is not of this world, this world belongs to the prince of this world.

Jerry this is how I see it, if the kingdom of God comes with Christ, then when the holy spirit is within, then Christ is within and if the kingdom of God is with him then the kingdom of God is within us.

People have to be born from above to be able to see it--

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is now unseen by unbelievers will be seen by all when Christ returns, but it will be too late for unbelievers to enter then.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
Forever?

That is EXACTLY the point of the coming kingdom of heaven. To destroy the prince of darkness and take back this world.

:french:

marhig

Forever?

That is EXACTLY the point of the coming kingdom of heaven. To destroy the prince of darkness and take back this world.

:french:

And don't you think that when the holy spirit is within our hearts, and Christ is within, then he will destroy the prince of darkness in our hearts by helping us to deny ourselves and deny sin? Helping us to overcome the world? Jesus is destroying Satan now by helping us to overcome him.

Jesus doesn't belong to this world, he said that this world has nothing in him, the things of this world and the lusts of it belong Satan. He only cares about the things of God and his kingdom, which is not of this world, his kingdom is in heaven, and he wants to reconcile as many of us back to God that will listen to the word and believe and obey and when we do the will of God we will though Christ enter into his kingdom..

Right Divider

Body part
And don't you think that when the holy spirit is within our hearts, and Christ is within, then he will destroy the prince of darkness in our hearts by helping us to deny ourselves and deny sin? Helping us to overcome the world? Jesus is destroying Satan now by helping us to overcome him.
Ah, the old "Jesus helps us" story. That's so cute and cuddly.

Jesus doesn't belong to this world, he said that this world has nothing in him, the things of this world and the lusts of it belong Satan. He only cares about the things of God and his kingdom, which is not of this world, his kingdom is in heaven, and he wants to reconcile as many of us back to God that will listen to the word and believe and obey and when we do the will of God we will though Christ enter into his kingdom..
You just keep repeating those few verses that you misunderstand and ignore the entire rest of the Bible.

marhig

People have to be born from above to be able to see it--

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is now unseen by unbelievers will be seen by all when Christ returns, but it will be too late for unbelievers to enter then.

LA

Thanks for quoting those scriptures, and yes we must be born again to enter the kingdom of God, not of flesh but born of God through Christ by the a spirit.

Jesus said in John 6

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

I know that one day there will be a natural end to this world, but all that is in Gods hands, I don't think about it, I just know that my heart has to be right before him and I must always be ready to do his will when I'm needed. And I need Christ and the strength of the holy spirit to overcome.

But I know that spiritually Jesus has already returned and he is in the hearts of his people, and wherever Christ is, Gods kingdom is there also. So if Christ by the spirit is within us, then so is Gods kingdom.

Interplanner

Thanks for quoting those scriptures, and yes we must be born again to enter the kingdom of God, not of flesh but born of God through Christ by the a spirit.

Jesus said in John 6

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

I know that one day there will be a natural end to this world, but all that is in Gods hands, I don't think about it, I just know that my heart has to be right before him and I must always be ready to do his will when I'm needed. And I need Christ and the strength of the holy spirit to overcome.

But I know that spiritually Jesus has already returned and he is in the hearts of his people, and wherever Christ is, Gods kingdom is there also. So if Christ by the spirit is within us, then so is Gods kingdom.

there's confusion here about his dwelling within his people. That is now and has been since the preaching of the Gospel, but it shouldn't be confused with the 2nd coming in judgement. That is a real objective event yet to take place.