Moses and Mohammad

popsthebuilder

Quran
As Mohammad was reciting Surah 53, considered a revelation by the angel Gabriel, Satan tempted him to utter the following verses 19 and 20:
Have ye thought upon Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzzá and Manāt, the third, the other? These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for.

Allāt, al-'Uzzā and Manāt were three goddesses worshipped by the Meccans.
Try actually providing the chapter and surah.

Or continue in leading people astray. Are you aware that that is the only unforgivable sin supposedly?

You must not fear GOD too much.

I implore you to stop knowingly misrepresenting the Quran and Islam.

Next you'll tell me Islam doesn't mean submission to GOD.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

CherubRam

Islam meaning
Meaning of the word Islam.
Islam is an Arabic word that means "submission or submit" (to Allah). It has a relationship to another Arabic word, such as Salaam, meaning "peace". The Arabic word "Muslim" is related to the word Islam and means a "vassal" of Allah, and is whom has surrendered and submitted (to Allah).

Muslims see homage to Allah as a sign of distinction; paying homage means serving the will of Allah above and beyond one's own goals. The Arabic word "Islam" simply means "submission", and is derived from the word meaning "peace."

In a religious context it simply means submit to the will of Allah. And so Islam means “submission” not “peace". It is frequently said that the word Islam means “peace.” It does not. Islam is the Arabic word for "submission." The Arabic word for “peace” is transliterated as salam or salaam.

In Arabic, as in English, these are distinctly different words.
It is their religion to destroy other nations to establish Islam. The politicians just do not get it. When the Muslims have established themselves in numbers and strength in a nation, then they are embolden to exert their will.

Take a look at the history of Turkey and the 400 year war.

CherubRam

Try actually providing the chapter and surah.

Or continue in leading people astray. Are you aware that that is the only unforgivable sin supposedly?

You must not fear GOD too much.

I implore you to stop knowingly misrepresenting the Quran and Islam.

Next you'll tell me Islam doesn't mean submission to GOD.

peace

Surah An-Najm [53:19-23] - Quran.com
https://quran.com › An-Najm
Surat An-Najm [verse 19-23] - So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza? - And Manat, the third - the other one? - Is the male for you and for Him the female?
Surah An-Najm [53:19] - Al-Qur'an al-Kareem - القرآن الكريم
Surat An-Najm [verse 19] - So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza?
Surah An-Najm [53:19-20] - Al-Qur'an al-Kareem - القرآن ... - Quran.com
Surat An-Najm [verse 19-20] - So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza?
Does Surah 53:19-20 in the Qur'an tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al ...
https://www.quora.com/Does-Surah-53-19-20-in-the-Quran-tell-Muslims-to-worship-...
أفَرَأيْتُمُ اللَآتَ وَالْعُزَّی. وَمَنَاةَ الثَّالِثَةَ الْاُخْرَی. ألَكُمُ الذَّكَرُ وَلَهُ الْاُنثَی. تِلْكَ إِذًا قِسْمَةٌ ضِيزَی. 19. Have you then considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza[12]. 20. And Manat, the other

popsthebuilder

Surah An-Najm [53:19-23] - Quran.com
Surat An-Najm [verse 19-23] - So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza? - And Manat, the third - the other one? - Is the male for you and for Him the female?
Surah An-Najm [53:19] - Al-Qur'an al-Kareem - القرآن الكريم
Surat An-Najm [verse 19] - So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza?
Surah An-Najm [53:19-20] - Al-Qur'an al-Kareem - القرآن ... - Quran.com
Surat An-Najm [verse 19-20] - So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza?
Does Surah 53:19-20 in the Qur'an tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al ...
https://www.quora.com/Does-Surah-53-19-20-in-the-Quran-tell-Muslims-to-worship-...
أفَرَأيْتُمُ اللَآتَ وَالْعُزَّی. وَمَنَاةَ الثَّالِثَةَ الْاُخْرَی. ألَكُمُ الذَّكَرُ وَلَهُ الْاُنثَی. تِلْكَ إِذًا قِسْمَةٌ ضِيزَی. 19. Have you then considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza[12]. 20. And Manat, the other
53:17. His eye deviated not nor did it wander away. 53:18. He saw the greatly important signs of his Lord.
53:19. Have you had a look at Lât and ‘Uzzâ, 53:20. And another, the third Manât? 53:21. What! Are you to have the sons and He the daughters? 53:22. That indeed is an unjust division. 53:23. (The fact is that) these are mere names (bearing no significance) which you have coined, you and your forefathers, for which Allâh has revealed no authority. These follow nothing but mere conjectures and the fancies of minds. Even though true guidance has already come to them from their Lord.

Nice try, but it clearly says that homage to those other gods is wrong.

Thank you for admitting that Islam means submission to GOD though.

peace

CherubRam

53:17. His eye deviated not nor did it wander away. 53:18. He saw the greatly important signs of his Lord.
53:19. Have you had a look at Lât and ‘Uzzâ, 53:20. And another, the third Manât? 53:21. What! Are you to have the sons and He the daughters? 53:22. That indeed is an unjust division. 53:23. (The fact is that) these are mere names (bearing no significance) which you have coined, you and your forefathers, for which Allâh has revealed no authority. These follow nothing but mere conjectures and the fancies of minds. Even though true guidance has already come to them from their Lord.

Nice try, but it clearly says that homage to those other gods is wrong.

Thank you for admitting that Islam means submission to GOD though.

peace

Lol. You see and hear what you want.

CherubRam

Surah 53:19,20.
Have ye thought upon Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzzá and Manāt, the third, the other? These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for.

CherubRam

Allat, also spelled Allatu, Alilat, Allāt, and al-Lāt was the name and title of multiple goddess worshipped with Allah in pre-Islamic Arabia, including the one in Mecca who was a chief goddess along with Manāt and al-'Uzzá. ... She was also called the daughter of Allah along with the other two chief goddesses.

chair

Allat, also spelled Allatu, Alilat, Allāt, and al-Lāt was the name and title of multiple goddess worshipped with Allah in pre-Islamic Arabia, including the one in Mecca who was a chief goddess along with Manāt and al-'Uzzá. ... She was also called the daughter of Allah along with the other two chief goddesses.

Even if true- who cares? Muslims today are monotheists.

popsthebuilder

Surah 53:19,20.

Read verse 23 you manipulative hypocrite

Wick Stick

The bible says that Abraham knew God as (God Almighty / El Shaddai.) The bible is much older than the Quran.
Yes, as EL Shaddai. EL isn't a name. It's a title - God.

Allah likewise is a title meaning God. Not a proper name. It is for all intents and purposes the same exact word.

To say otherwise is intellectually dishonest.

CherubRam

Read verse 23 you manipulative hypocrite

[FONT=&quot]This is the point: This shows that Allah was associated with three female goddesses. The Arabs did not makeup those names. The names Allah and those of the goddesses go back before the days of Abraham.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sura an-Najm 53:19-22[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Have you thought upon Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzzá
and Manāt, the third one, another goddess.
What! For you the males and for him the females!
That indeed is an unfair division.[/FONT]

CherubRam

Yes, as EL Shaddai. EL isn't a name. It's a title - God.

Allah likewise is a title meaning God. Not a proper name. It is for all intents and purposes the same exact word.

To say otherwise is intellectually dishonest.
Yes I know that. [FONT=&quot]Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?” (Elohiym means, “God of The Living.”) It can also be translated as “god-s of the living” or “god-s of life;” for those who have life immortal.
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.” (HaYah) in the ancient Semitic language means: The Living, or The Life.)
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

CherubRam

In 950 BC the Arabs knew the name of God as Yahwah, but because Yahwah would not curse the Jews for them, His name was not spoken again by them.

Here is proof that the Arabs knew the God of Abraham as Yahwah, and not Allah.

Moabite Stone, 950 BC.

I am Mesha, son of Kemosh melek, the king of Moab, the Dibonite. My father was king over Moab for thirty years, and I became king after my father.

And I made this high place for Kemosh in Qarhar . . . because of the deliverance of Mesha, and because he has saved me from all the kings and because he caused me to see [my desire] upon all who hated me. Omri, king of Israel -- he oppressed Moab many days, because Chemosh was angry with his land.

And his son succeeded him, and he also said I will oppress Moab. In my day he spoke according to this word, but I saw my desire upon him and upon his house, and Israel utterly perished forever.

Now Omri had possessed all the land of Medeba and dwelt in it his days and half the days of his son, forty years, but Chemosh restored it in my day. And I built Baal-meon and I made in it the reservoir and I built Kiryathaim. And the men of Gad had dwelt in the land of Ataroth from of old and the king of Israel had built for himself Ataroth. And I foutht against the city and took it, and I slew all the people of the city, a sight pleasing to Chemosh and to Moab.

And I brought back from there the altar-hearth of Duda and I dragged it before Chemosh in Kiryoth. And I caused to dwell in it the men of Sharon and the men of Meharoth (?).

And Chemosh said to me: "Go take Nebo against Israel"; and I went by night and fought against it from break of dawn till noon, and I took it and slew all, seven thousand men and boys, women and girls, and I devoted it to Ashtar-Chemosh.

And I took from there the altar-hearths of Yahwah, and I dragged them before Chemosh. And the king of Israel built Jabaz and dwelt in it while he fought with..........

chair

In 950 BC the Arabs knew the name of God as Yahwah, but because Yahwah would not curse the Jews for them, His name was not spoken again by them.

Here is proof that the Arabs knew the God of Abraham as Yahwah, and not Allah.

Moabite Stone, 950 BC.

I am Mesha, son of Kemosh melek, the king of Moab, the Dibonite. My father was king over Moab for thirty years, and I became king after my father.

And I made this high place for Kemosh in Qarhar . . . because of the deliverance of Mesha, and because he has saved me from all the kings and because he caused me to see [my desire] upon all who hated me. Omri, king of Israel -- he oppressed Moab many days, because Chemosh was angry with his land.

And his son succeeded him, and he also said I will oppress Moab. In my day he spoke according to this word, but I saw my desire upon him and upon his house, and Israel utterly perished forever.

Now Omri had possessed all the land of Medeba and dwelt in it his days and half the days of his son, forty years, but Chemosh restored it in my day. And I built Baal-meon and I made in it the reservoir and I built Kiryathaim. And the men of Gad had dwelt in the land of Ataroth from of old and the king of Israel had built for himself Ataroth. And I foutht against the city and took it, and I slew all the people of the city, a sight pleasing to Chemosh and to Moab.

And I brought back from there the altar-hearth of Duda and I dragged it before Chemosh in Kiryoth. And I caused to dwell in it the men of Sharon and the men of Meharoth (?).

And Chemosh said to me: "Go take Nebo against Israel"; and I went by night and fought against it from break of dawn till noon, and I took it and slew all, seven thousand men and boys, women and girls, and I devoted it to Ashtar-Chemosh.

And I took from there the altar-hearths of Yahwah, and I dragged them before Chemosh. And the king of Israel built Jabaz and dwelt in it while he fought with..........

are you aware of when Islam started?

Wick Stick

Here is proof that the Arabs knew the God of Abraham as Yahwah, and not Allah....

Moabite Stone, 950 BC....
The Moabites weren't Arabs. They were the descendants of Lot, Abraham's nephew.

South of the Moabites were the Edomites. South of the Edomites were the Midianites. East of the Midianites were Arabs. However, during the time period in question, they didn't use the appelation 'Arabs,' but rather went by tribal names, such as 'Dedanites.'

CherubRam

The Moabites weren't Arabs. They were the descendants of Lot, Abraham's nephew.

South of the Moabites were the Edomites. South of the Edomites were the Midianites. East of the Midianites were Arabs. However, during the time period in question, they didn't use the appelation 'Arabs,' but rather went by tribal names, such as 'Dedanites.'
Although you are correct, as far as I am concerned, all of Arabia is Arab; including surrounding tribes.

Wick Stick

Although you are correct, as far as I am concerned, all of Arabia is Arab; including surrounding tribes.
Bologna sandwich.

Totally different tribes, from different places, different culture, religion, ethnicity, and ancestors.

That's like saying the Dutch forgot the names of the Mohawk gods. The Dutch might have moved into the area previously inhabited by Mohawk tribes, but they were not remotely related, and there was little-no cultural transfer.