More liberal censorship

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
TWITTER ENLISTS ‘GAY’ THOUGHT POLICE

This cannot be good for free speech and the open exchange of ideas. Not for Christians and conservatives anyway.

Twitter announced on Wednesday that it has assembled a new “Twitter Trust & Safety Council” to “ensure that people feel safe expressing themselves on Twitter.”

Who’s for safety?

Yay safety!

Still, we need only look to the so-called “safe space” craze on America’s college campuses to gain a glimpse into what Twitter undoubtedly means here. Understand that, for the left, the word “safe” has nothing to do with, well, safety, and everything to do with censorship.

To read the rest of the article click HERE.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Color me über-skeptical, but as Daniel Payne observes over at The Federalist, “Twitter already allows its users to either mute or block anyone who is being bothersome or threatening. There is no practical necessity for a ‘council’ to make people feel ‘safe’ on Twitter. Blocking is an effective tool for anyone who needs it. You can always report to the Twitter staff the rare troll who just won’t give up.

He lost me at über, but his perception of trolls is as inaccurate as his definitions. Trolls don't give up, and they're not rare. Maybe he should start his own social media platform and then he can make his own über-obnoxious rules. I don't think Twitter will miss him.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
More liberal censorship

Jefferson is bemoaning the fact that when it comes to gay bashing, “Twitter does not tolerate behavior intended to harass, intimidate, or use fear to silence another user’s voice.”

Are Jefferson and his conservative supports arguing that "The Greatest Commandment" and "The Greatest Gift" (charity) doesn't extend to those with a different sexual orientation!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are Jefferson and his conservative supports arguing that "The Greatest Commandment" and "The Greatest Gift" (charity) doesn't extend to those with a different sexual orientation!

Unicorns?