More evidence supporting Walt Brown

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dinolava Theory Back in Eruption 08/12/2005
Meteor impact or volcanic eruption? Science Now reports that the volcano theory of dinosaur extinction has rejuvenated, challenging the long popularity of the Chicxulub impact hypothesis.
Notwithstanding all the dramatic animations on science documentaries of a cataclysmic meteor wiping out the dinosaurs, the article by Carolyn Gramling states that “Scientists have long wrangled over the cause of the extinctions....” A new French study of magnetic alignments of lavas in the Deccan Traps of India, some of the biggest lava fields in the world, suggests that the cataclysmic eruptions occurred over a much shorter time period than previously believed – 30,000 years instead of millions – short enough, they claim, to affect worldwide climate. Some of the older eruptions may have happened even more rapidly because there is no evidence of weathering between successive layers.
A Dutch proponent of the impact scenario is not convinced, however. He said we don’t know enough about behavior and variability of the Earth’s magnetic field to make strong arguments based on magnetic alignments in rocks. Gramling says, “He also questions whether any known geophysical mechanism could have spewed out so much lava in such a short time.”

-----------

Walt Brown knows of one. ;)

Johnny

Of course he does. This research also supports my theory that a giant ate too many burritos thus explaining asteroids, craters on the moon, the extinction of dinosaurs and other life, as well as other things.

(yes, there's a point.)

Johnny

I'm also curious about is how exactly this supports Walt Brown when the methodology used in this study (radiometric dating of volcanic layers known to be within a certain time frame) is contested by Walt Brown himself.

Suddenly because the conclusion "fits" (and it doesn't even really fit, in this case), the science is now valid? Am I beginning to see a trend here? You reject the science all the way up until somehow you can make it fit, then you quickly embrace it. Reminds me of your inflationary idea. My how quickly we sell our soul. Don't forget that the very science used to reach a conclusion is the same science you've contested all along.

Do you really consider this evidence?

Shame shame.

TheLaughingMan

BANNED
Banned
Johnny said:
I'm also curious about is how exactly this supports Walt Brown when the methodology used in this study (radiometric dating of volcanic layers known to be within a certain time frame) is contested by Walt Brown himself.

Suddenly because the conclusion "fits" (and it doesn't even really fit, in this case), the science is now valid? Am I beginning to see a trend here? You reject the science all the way up until somehow you can make it fit, then you quickly embrace it. Reminds me of your inflationary idea. My how quickly we sell our soul. Don't forget that the very science used to reach a conclusion is the same science you've contested all along.

Do you really consider this evidence?

Shame shame.
Um yes, you do see a pattern check the YEC Crackpot Speed of Light thread, he pulled the same thing there.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did you miss the highlighted sentence?

He also questions whether any known geophysical mechanism could have spewed out so much lava in such a short time"

But Walt knows of one such geophysical mechanism. ;)

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Johnny said:
Ok, but the thread title says "more evidence supporting Walt Brown"

Walt says that the volcanic outpourings were connected with the same mechanism which caused the Flood.

....” A new French study of magnetic alignments of lavas in the Deccan Traps of India, some of the biggest lava fields in the world, suggests that the cataclysmic eruptions occurred over a much shorter time period than previously believed"

Get the connection?

Johnny

bob b said:
....” A new French study of magnetic alignments of lavas in the Deccan Traps of India, some of the biggest lava fields in the world, suggests that the cataclysmic eruptions occurred over a much shorter time period than previously believed"

Get the connection?
(1) You don't believe the dating methods used give accurate dates. As such there's no way you can use this as evidence without having some confidence in the dating method. (2) This "shorter time period" you refer to is 30,000 years.

So no, I really don't get the connection -- other than the fact that both Walt Brown and these investigators used the word "volcano".

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Johnny said:
(1) You don't believe the dating methods used give accurate dates. As such there's no way you can use this as evidence without having some confidence in the dating method. (2) This "shorter time period" you refer to is 30,000 years.

So no, I really don't get the connection. I don't get it whatsoever. Other than the fact that both Walt Brown and these investigators used the word "volcano" there is absolutely no connection.

Obviously they shortened their previous estimate by a huge factor.

They just didn't shorten it quite enough. ;)

The article also said: "He also questions whether any known geophysical mechanism could have spewed out so much lava in such a short time.”

So naturally, shortening the time period to only a few years or so would have been "unthinkable".

Volcanic activity would have only gradually subsided and may in fact be still occurring today. After all, geologists tell us that the rise in land elevations around the Great Lakes is "rebound" from the weight of the ice cap of the last Ice Age.

Quasar1011

bob b said:
Did you miss the highlighted sentence?

He also questions whether any known geophysical mechanism could have spewed out so much lava in such a short time"

But Walt knows of one such geophysical mechanism. ;)

Prozactly! :readthis:

2nd Peter 3:3-6
First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.