ECT Moment of Salvation Compared to Water Baptism

Danoh

I gave you truth and you have no defense.

Like I said - As usual, you misunderstood my post.

One, you obviously have a reading comprehension problem, you just as obviously fail to consider just might be the case.

Two, and even worse than that - not only do you not give the other side the benefit of the doubt, but you right away conclude they were up to no good.

You might as well just join up with the so called "MADs" on here - they all manifest this second trait of yours, as well :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8.

oatmeal

If you feel this is a dead horse, feel free not to post. Someone asked me to begin this debate so here it goes.

At what point does someone go from being lost to saved?
In this thread I would like to determine the point of salvation. I know God can save whomever he wants but I'm hopping we can establish God's plan for how man becomes a Christian. Surely God has revealed it to us and given us examples of conversions to better understand how. Obviously there is a lot to this so it will be a tall order to get our points across in this format. I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.

I would like start off with at what point did Jesus say someone is saved.
Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

The language is simple. If salvation comes after belief Jesus would have said "whoever believes is saved and then should be baptized".

Somewhat of an academic question seeing that Jesus was speaking to people in the gospel period.

Jesus Christ was not specifically referring to this age of grace.

The point of salvation in this age of grace is defined by when a person meets the two requirements of Romans 10:9-10

1. Confess with the mouth the lord Jesus

2. Believe in the heart that God raised him from the dead.

Baptism it not given as a requirement

God's Truth

Like I said - As usual, you misunderstood my post.

One, you obviously have a reading comprehension problem, you just as obviously fail to consider just might be the case.

Two, and even worse than that - not only do you not give the other side the benefit of the doubt, but you right away conclude they were up to no good.

You might as well just join up with the so called "MADs" on here - they all manifest this second trait of yours, as well :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8.

You give some compliments and then you destroy it with your insults.
All those negative things you say about me are not truth.

As for you saying I misunderstand your point, if you were right then address what I said and try to prove it.

Danoh

Somewhat of an academic question seeing that Jesus was speaking to people in the gospel period.

The point of salvation in this age of grace is defined by when a person meets the two requirements of Romans 10:9-10

Never mind that just as "the heart" in that passage is not one's actual, literal, physical heart; neither is "the mouth" in that same passage :chuckle:

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5 towards ya - in memory of Rom. 5:8.

God's Truth

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Do you see that scripture?

That scripture is speaking of someone confessing with their mouth that Jesus is Lord.

What does Jesus say about that?

He says if you do that, if you say Jesus is Lord, then you had better be obeying him.

Danoh

You give some compliments and then you destroy it with your insults.
All those negative things you say about me are not truth.

No, that is just how dense you are.

You often take even a compliment wrong, and then when you're having done so is pointed out to you, you take issue with that, as well.

Again, the moment you actually pause to consider I just might be right about your having a reading comprehension problem, will be the moment you'll perhaps begin to consider what you might do towards liberating yourself from this obvious denseness of yours.

Were I alone in this about you; you might have a good cause to not believe me on this.

But I am not the only one on here who has pointed this out to you.

Sooner or later, you end up at odds with anyone on here, who befriends you.

And they all end up expressing words along the line of "what is wrong with this woman - that she took wrong; this, that, the other, that was not meant towards her in a wrong way?"

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8 towards you.

God's Truth

No, that is just how dense you are.

You often take even a compliment wrong, and then when you're having done so is pointed out to you, you take issue with that, as well.

Again, the moment you actually pause to consider I just might be right about your having a reading comprehension problem, will be the moment you'll perhaps begin to consider what you might do towards liberating yourself from this obvious denseness of yours.

Were I alone in this about you; you might have a good cause to not believe me on this.

But I am not the only one on here who has pointed this out to you.

Sooner or later, you end up at odds with anyone on here, who befriends you.

And they all end up expressing words along the line of "what is wrong with this woman - that she took wrong; this, that, the other, that was not meant towards her in a wrong way?"

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8 towards you.

I couldn't care any less what the mass says about me, or what you say.

Who are you? You are not speaking according to scriptures; you are giving your worthless opinions about me.
You are the one with the comprehension problem.

WatchmanOnTheWall

When do you think that happens? What leads up to it?

Acts 19:2
and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."

When I became a Christian it was on belief in Jesus' resurrection. However, nothing else changed in myself.

A few months later I received the Holy Spirit in a separate spiritual and physical event that really changed myself.

I was water Baptised a year and half later.

God's Truth

Acts 19:2
and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."

When I became a Christian it was on belief in Jesus' resurrection. However, nothing else changed in myself.
Just wondering if you repented of your sins since you say you believed in Jesus' resurrection.

A few months later I received the Holy Spirit in a separate spiritual and physical event that really changed myself.
Did you want to tell what that event was? If not, which scripture is it associated with according to you?

I was water Baptised a year and half later.

That is good, but is there a reason it took so long? I am saddened about someone close to me who does not feel the need for a water baptism, but I think it is because he fell back into sin and does not want to give them up. Water baptism is so important, and especially if one knows what it really means.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Just wondering if you repented of your sins since you say you believed in Jesus' resurrection.

Did you want to tell what that event was? If not, which scripture is it associated with according to you?

That is good, but is there a reason it took so long? I am saddened about someone close to me who does not feel the need for a water baptism, but I think it is because he fell back into sin and does not want to give them up. Water baptism is so important, and especially if one knows what it really means.

Repenting everyday brother.

Call me illiterate if you like but the event is complicated to explain, and personal.

Yeah I could have done it sooner but I missed the previous years baptisms at the Church I was attending because I wasn't sure at the time, but by the following year I was sure.

God's Truth

Repenting everyday brother.

Call me illiterate if you like but the event is complicated to explain, and personal.

Yeah I could have done it sooner but I missed the previous years baptisms at the Church I was attending because I wasn't sure at the time, but by the following year I was sure.

Did you repent to get saved?

As for it being personal, I don't share my testimony of the time I was saved either, but I do give scriptures and defend the truth of how to be saved. That is really what I was asking about. Did you repent to get saved, as the scriptures say, and as others here go against me for saying.

I don't call people illiterate.

jsanford108

If he could not be baptized prior to death what's stopping him from being baptized later?

So, you don't have any Scripture or history to back up this idea of the thief being baptized post-death?

As for what is stopping him from being baptized is probably that inconvenient issue of dying.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jsanford108

You are following the wrong commands of Christ, or are you also teaching the law?

Observe the law of Moses is one of the ALL THINGS that Jesus told THEM to teach.

How can one "follow the wrong command of Christ?"
If Christ commands it, we should follow it. (Maybe I am misunderstanding your point; if so, I apologize)

jsanford108

Hi and you are AVOIDING post #76 ??

It just shows how CALLOW , that you are ??

Can you than explain 1 Cor 15:29 , what shall they do which are BAPTIZED for the dead ?

Does this help you ??

dan p

I am not avoiding it. Your formatting is terrible, as well as spelling, grammar, and basic use of vocabulary. It makes it difficult to read, let alone want to understand.

The fact is that Christ and the Apostles taught baptism as necessary. If you have a well-formatted, understandable question or inquiry, I would be happy to answer.

Plus, I was just tossing my educated deductions based on Scripture/history in.

Danoh

How can one "follow the wrong command of Christ?"
If Christ commands it, we should follow it. (Maybe I am misunderstanding your point; if so, I apologize)

Lol - yeah, that was one case of very poor grammar - "the wrong command of Christ"?

Reminds me of that old 3 Stooges episode where Curly is following a turkey recipe a bit too literally.

The recipe calls for a can of tomatoes.

So he inserts the actual can itself, into the turkey.

Moe sees him; walks over; smacks him in the head; calls him a nitwit; removes the can; removes the can's label; and then proceeds to insert the can itself back into the turkey once more :chuckle:

Anyway, what RD had meant is that you are following commands of Christ not meant for a member of the Body of Christ, but for Israel.

Perhaps an example might make the distinction between the two, obvious...

We read in...

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

But then we read in...

Romans 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Now, either one of those two was confused, or there exists some sort of a distinction between those two instructions, that needs to be observed.

And that is one of countless such examples found throughout the Scripture.

Nevertheles, Romans 14:5 towards you, in memory of Romans 5:8.

God's Truth

Lol - yeah, that was one case of very poor grammar - "the wrong command of Christ"?

Reminds me of that old 3 Stooges episode where Curly is following a turkey recipe a bit too literally.

The recipe calls for a can of tomatoes.

So he inserts the actual can itself, into the turkey.

Moe sees him; walks over; smacks him in the head; calls him a nitwit; removes the can; removes the can's label; and then proceeds to insert the can itself back into the turkey once more :chuckle:

Anyway, what RD had meant is that you are following commands of Christ not meant for a member of the Body of Christ, but for Israel.

Perhaps an example might make the distinction between the two, obvious...

We read in...

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

But then we read in...

Romans 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Now, either one of those two was confused, or there exists some sort of a distinction between those two instructions, that needs to be observed.

And that is one of countless such examples found throughout the Scripture.

Nevertheles, Romans 14:5 towards you, in memory of Romans 5:8.

Do you really think your grammar is so great? You like to demean people and you don't seem to see yourself. You have more than a grammar and comprehension problem.