Mom shocked at child's prize

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From the Sun-Herald:

Kid gets 11-inch knife from fun center

When 11-year-old Chandler Williams showed his mom what he'd won at a Sarasota family game center recently, her hair "stood on end."

The prize was a plastic skeleton arm with a bony hand, but that's not what scared the boy's mother.

It was the 11-inch stainless steel knife that Chandler revealed when he pulled the hand from the arm bone.

"I almost had a heart attack," said the boy's mother, Heidi Williams of Punta Gorda. "I was just devastated."

The knife was obtained by her son two weeks ago while he and his father were visiting Livingston's Entertainment Center in Sarasota, said Heidi Williams.

She said her son turned in tickets he'd won by playing games at the center and selected the knife from a case of prizes for children under age 18.

But Larry Adami, owner of Livingston's, said he doubts the family's story. He said the knife was more likely in a case of specialty knives that are offered only to adults. (More at above URL)

I think that maybe Dad received the knive for a prize and gave it to his son. Son doesn't want to get Dad in trouble so he tells Mom that he chose the prize from the selection they had for his age-group.

Anyone disagree with my logic? :chuckle:

truthteller86

ebenz47037 said:
From the Sun-Herald:

I think that maybe Dad received the knive for a prize and gave it to his son. Son doesn't want to get Dad in trouble so he tells Mom that he chose the prize from the selection they had for his age-group.

I wanna know how many tickets it takes to get a 9mm..I've got quite a few we've been saving up from Chuck-E-Cheese...not sure if theyr'e xferable though :think:

Freedom Train

BANNED
Banned
ebenz47037 said:

Nope. Oh, my, what's the world coming to? Tasteless merchandise at carnivals! What a new low!