Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

Nanja

One of the greatest sins against Christ in the religious today is this:

They make the efficacy of Christ's Death, by which its purpose is to actually save sinners from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

To redeem them from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

They however make the efficacy of Christ's Death to effect this, to depend on the will of man, they also teach that men determine if Christ's blood is effectual to produce positive Saving results; hence they teach that men lost in sin, determines the effectiveness of the Cross of Christ, which is as blasphemous and antichrist as it gets !

Amen!

~~~~~

Last edited:

beloved57

I pray not for the world !

I pray not for the world !

Just as there were many for whom Christ did not pray for Jn 17:9

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

There is Likewise some whom Saints should not pray for, imitating Christ, 1 Jn 5:16

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

The scripture here states that there is a sin unto death, and we should not pray for it ! Now what is this sin ? I believe it is this one Heb 10:26-31

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Its the wilful rejection of the Gospel of Christ after receiving a knowledge of it like the stony ground hearer Matt 13:20-21

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

That word received is the same word for receive in Heb 10:26, the greek word lambanō,

But what happens to the stony ground hearer who once received the word ? "yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while:"

And later he falls away from it or departs from it. They are nothing like the ones Jesus describes here Jn 8:31

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Hence if we have reason or cause to believe that one has come to a knowledge of the Truth of the Gospel [like Tulip represents] but rejects it, that is certainly indicative of the sin unto death, and the Saints should not pray for it, those rejecting the Gospel in that way are more than likely Vessels of Wrath who are only being fitted for destruction ! Those we should not pray for ! Jer 7:15-16

15 And I will cast you out of my sight, as I have cast out all your brethren, even the whole seed of Ephraim.

16 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee.

beloved57

What is drawing ?

What is drawing ?

Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

This drawing is the result of the New Birth, the inward teaching of the Spirit.

Jesus said also that those who come to Him have been Taught of God Jn 6:45

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

The word taught above is the greek word didaktos and its the same word used here 1 Cor 2:13

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

So the teaching above in Jn 6:45 that results in one coming to Christ, is that which is done by God the Spirit, and hence that is drawing to Christ. So the drawing is nothing less than New Birth / Regeneration, equating to Spiritual Instruction that leads to Christ !

So in essence Jesus is saying also in Jn 12:32, that if He be lifted up [speaking of His death on the cross] that all for whom He is Lifted up in behalf of, shall be regenerated, taught of God, and come to me ! They shall be made willing in the Day of His Power to come to Him Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

For Drawing means many different things spiritual like:

Spiritual Resurrection, Circumcision of the Heart, taking away the heart of stone and putting in a heart of flesh, Illumination, putting His Spirit within us to teach us, causing us to walk in His statues, to keep His Judgments to do them Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

I received many thoughts on this subject from a "treatise on regeneration" by Peter Van Mastricht Pg 12 !

http://books.google.com/books/about/A_Treatise_on_Regeneration.html?id=rgcMAAAACAAJ

beloved57

With the heart man believeth unto righteousness !

With the heart man believeth unto righteousness !

Rom 10:10

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Now its amazing how the proud self righteous religionist believes that this act of the Heart is done by the uncircumcised hard stony heart of man by nature, which is described by one sacred penmen Jer 17:9

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Now when we say Heart, we mean this :

I.inner man, mind, will, heart, understanding

A.inner part, midst

i.midst (of things)

ii.heart (of man)

iii.soul, heart (of man)

iv.mind, knowledge, thinking, reflection, memory

v.inclination, resolution, determination (of will)

vi.conscience

vii.heart (of moral character)

viii.as seat of appetites

ix.as seat of emotions and passions

x.as seat of courage

Namely the inner man, with his appetites and passions, mind, will and heart !

Now more is said of the heart of the natural man Gen 6:5

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his[man] heart was only evil continually.

Gen 8:21

21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

And back in Jer 17:9, the word desperately is the word 'anash

iii.desperate, incurable, desperately wicked, woeful, very sick (pass participle) (metaph.)

Its incurably wicked ! What does incurably mean ?

that cannot be cured.

an incurable disease, not capable of being reformed; hopeless.

Now its no secret that none of us by nature believe this terrible indictment on the human heart by nature !

I lay this foundation about the natural heart of man, so when we see scriptures like Rom 10:10. When the activity of the heart is performing a godly activity such as " believing unto Righteousness", then it must be a New Heart such as Ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh[by nature], and I will give you an heart of flesh[by new birth, that is now spiritually sensible to Divine things].

Rom 10:10 is describing the activity of the New Heart given in New Birth !

beloved57

Why Jesus said to them, I never knew you !

Why Jesus said to them, I never knew you !

Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jesus could never say that of one of His Sheep He died for ! Jn 10:14-15

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

If any of that crowd in Matt 7:23 was one of Christ's Sheep that He layed down His Life for, then Jesus is a liar, to say He never them ! And I dont believe Jesus ever lied !

I never knew you, ye worker of iniquity ! The never knew you means that He never Justified them from their iniquities, because He never bear their iniquities as Per Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

The word Knowledge here is the OT version of the word knew in Matt 7:23

So by His Knowledge or knowing He Justified many, by bearing their iniquities, however those in Matt 7:23, He says to them, I never knew you, then He says "depart from me ye that work iniquity" which does indicate that He never bore their iniquities as He did for those He knew, the Sheep. Their iniquities were obviously still in view of God's Law and Justice. Jesus shed the Blood of the Covenant Matt 26:28 and one of the Blessings thereof for those it was shed for, the Many, is stated here Heb 8:12

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

But surely thats not the case with them in Matt 7:23, their iniquities are being remembered; and to top it off, their main iniquities being remembered are those things articulated by them in the preceding verse 22 Matt 7:22

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

They are religious iniquities, things done in Christ's Name, but yet if Christ declared He never knew them, then He is saying : I never bare thy Iniquities !

beloved57

In thee shall all Nations be blessed !

In thee shall all Nations be blessed !

In thee shall all Nations be blessed ! Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families or nations of the earth be blessed.

This is a Promise that God made to Abraham, that He would give unto him a believing seed ! You may ask, how is that so ? Lets look at Gal 3:8-9

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

the scripture, foreseeing the decree and purpose of God, that God would Justify the heathen, Gentiles, or Nations through Faith, hence the Promise constitutes the Gospel Preached to Abraham, In thee shall [predestined to be] all Nations be blessed, that is men and women of all Nations will be made his believing seed, so much so, all who are brought to Faith in Christ, are of that Promised Seed God Promised Abraham, like Isaac was Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren[fellow believers in Christ, jew or gentile], as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

What Promise ? Gen 12:3; Gal 3:8-9, Peter Preched it Acts 3:25

25 Ye are the children[spiritually] of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

They were Promised Spiritual Children ! Hence all who become Believers in Christ, do because of the Promise of God, just like Isaac ! It serves to fulfill God's Promise from Gen 12:3

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Nanja

Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jesus could never say that of one of His Sheep He died for ! Jn 10:14-15

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

If any of that crowd in Matt 7:23 was one of Christ's Sheep that He layed down His Life for, then Jesus is a liar, to say He never them ! And I dont believe Jesus ever lied !

I never knew you, ye worker of iniquity ! The never knew you means that He never Justified them from their iniquities, because He never bear their iniquities as Per Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

The word Knowledge here is the OT version of the word knew in Matt 7:23

So by His Knowledge or knowing He Justified many, by bearing their iniquities, however those in Matt 7:23, He says to them, I never knew you, then He says "depart from me ye that work iniquity" which does indicate that He never bore their iniquities as He did for those He knew, the Sheep. Their iniquities were obviously still in view of God's Law and Justice. Jesus shed the Blood of the Covenant Matt 26:28 and one of the Blessings thereof for those it was shed for, the Many, is stated here Heb 8:12

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

But surely thats not the case with them in Matt 7:23, their iniquities are being remembered; and to top it off, their main iniquities being remembered are those things articulated by them in the preceding verse 22 Matt 7:22

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

They are religious iniquities, things done in Christ's Name, but yet if Christ declared He never knew them, then He is saying : I never bare thy Iniquities !

Amen. And because He never knew them, nor bear their iniquities, proves also that
He never loved them, in contrast to those He does Love and Saves in the world of John 3:16-17.

Ps. 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

And so must His Chosen People:

Psalm 139:19-22 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

The reprobates have no saviour in Christ; His Blood was not shed for them Rom. 9:22.

But Christ's Atonement was Limited to His Sheep John 10:11, those who were chosen in Him Eph. 1:4-5,
and called according to God's Purpose and Grace before the foundation of the world 2 Tim. 1:9.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen. And because He never knew them, nor bear their iniquities, proves also that
He never loved them, in contrast to those He does Love and Saves in the world of John 3:16-17.

Ps. 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

And so must His Chosen People:

Psalm 139:19-22 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

The reprobates have no saviour in Christ; His Blood was not shed for them Rom. 9:22.

But Christ's Atonement was Limited to His Sheep John 10:11, those who were chosen in Him Eph. 1:4-5,
and called according to God's Purpose and Grace before the foundation of the world 2 Tim. 1:9.

~~~~~

Amen !

beloved57

What are the all things reconciled ?

What are the all things reconciled ?

Col 1:20

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Now what are the all things reconciled to God by the Blood of His Cross ? Now many attempt to teach the awful heresy of universalism from this scripture, and it can be in a couple of ways, which both are error ! #1 You have it taught in the sense, and falsely, that Christ has died for all mankind, and so all mankind has a shot at, a choice to make, as to whether or not they accept the reconciliation or not, other words, reconciliation here is only potential, not actual, it has been made possible, now its up to you to accept it ! #2 You have those that teach that reconciliation here means that all mankind has been actually reconciled, and therefore all mankind will be saved, no exceptions, some even include the devil and his angels in this reconciliation ! Yet we know that scripture does not support those fables.

Hence it is this, that the all things spoken of here are the Elect of God, the Chosen Ones, or the Church. If we consider another scripture, things pertain to the Chosen of God, the People of God, the Temple / Church of God 1 Cor 1:26-28

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

Now who can contend that the word things here as in foolish things, or weak things pertains to persons ?

And who can deny that those same ones are the ones spoken of here 2 Cor 5:19, the objects of reconciliation as in Col 1:20 ! Hence its concluded that the all things reconciled to God by the Blood of His Cross are the Saints of God, those then in Heaven, and those present then at the Apostles Time !

beloved57

Who are they that come to God by Him ?

Who are they that come to God by Him ?

Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by[dia] him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

The word them even introduces the principal of Particular or Limited coming !

It is those whom God has Chosen and causeth to approach to Him Ps 65:4

4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

Even the Old Covenant Saints came to God by Christ Jn 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by[dia] me.

Its by Christ, because of His Work, that men can come, approach, draw near to God, whether under the OC or NC, because by His Death, He has for them [The Chosen] satisfied God's Law and Justice, and has put away their sins, He hath by His Blood purged away their Transgressions [both OT and NT Believers] Ps 65:3

3 Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away. Faith in the Messiah to come !

Thats also the case for them that come to God by Him here Heb 7:25, for we read of their sins having been purged by Christ here Heb 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Thats what the Psalmist had Faith in way back in Ps 65:3 !

This blessedness is not for all mankind, but unto them that God has Chosen Ps 65:4

4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

beloved57

Whose House are We !

Whose House are We !

Heb 3:6

6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Now who are the We here spoken of by this writer of the Book of Hebrews ? Some say this writer is the Apostle Paul, which i believe can be very well true, nevertheless its certainly a New Covenant Believer in Christ; And he is writing other New Covenant Believers and calls themselves Christ's House !

Notice that he calls CHRIST a Son over His Own House ! Now who is Christ ? Why He is the Head of the Body the Church ! Notice it reads Christ a Son OVER His Own House, as to say the Head over His Own House, equivalent to saying He is the Head over His Own Body the Church ! The word House in Heb 3:6 is the greek word oikos and does mean:

A.the family of God, of the Christian Church, of the church of the Old and New Testaments

Now in this Moses was a Type in that as God gave moses a House or People [Israel] under the Old Covenant, of which he was given authority to rule over, hence God has given the Antitype Christ under the New Covenant, a House which He is given rule and Authority over, and this House is the House of Israel, His Body the Church, of which He is Head Eph 1:22

And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Also just as with the Old Covenant House Moses ruled was the Seed of Abraham, So Likewise the House Christ is over is the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's,[Church/House] then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And in Christ's House of Israel, House of Abraham's Seed, all racial barriers are done away with, so says Gal 3:28-29

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Nanja

Heb 3:6

6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Now who are the We here spoken of by this writer of the Book of Hebrews ? Some say this writer is the Apostle Paul, which i believe can be very well true, nevertheless its certainly a New Covenant Believer in Christ; And he is writing other New Covenant Believers and calls themselves Christ's House !

Notice that he calls CHRIST a Son over His Own House ! Now who is Christ ? Why He is the Head of the Body the Church ! Notice it reads Christ a Son OVER His Own House, as to say the Head over His Own House, equivalent to saying He is the Head over His Own Body the Church ! The word House in Heb 3:6 is the greek word oikos and does mean:

A.the family of God, of the Christian Church, of the church of the Old and New Testaments

Now in this Moses was a Type in that as God gave moses a House or People [Israel] under the Old Covenant, of which he was given authority to rule over, hence God has given the Antitype Christ under the New Covenant, a House which He is given rule and Authority over, and this House is the House of Israel, His Body the Church, of which He is Head Eph 1:22

And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Also just as with the Old Covenant House Moses ruled was the Seed of Abraham, So Likewise the House Christ is over is the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's,[Church/House] then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And in Christ's House of Israel, House of Abraham's Seed, all racial barriers are done away with, so says Gal 3:28-29

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Amen! And Christ is of the Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16 which makes His Wife, His Bride
whom He is One flesh with Eph. 5:25 also the Seed of Abraham.
These are the only People Mat. 1:21 whose sins Christ took upon Himself to Save from their sins:

Heb. 2:16-17 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful
high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Psalm 105:6 O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.

Christ came to Save only a Chosen Remnant Eph. 1:4; Rom. 9:23, of the Seed of Abraham,
The House whom He is Head over

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen! And Christ is of the Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16 which makes His Wife, His Bride
whom He is One flesh with Eph. 5:25 also the Seed of Abraham.
These are the only People Mat. 1:21 whose sins Christ took upon Himself to Save from their sins:

Heb. 2:16-17 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful
high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Psalm 105:6 O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.

Christ came to Save only a Chosen Remnant Eph. 1:4; Rom. 9:23, of the Seed of Abraham,
The House whom He is Head over

~~~~~

Amen and Thanks for sharing!

beloved57

Those made in the Image of God !

Those made in the Image of God !

Those made in the Image of God attain to that Image, not by being in Adam, but by being in Christ. The True Image of God that God is Proud of lies in our Christ likeness, who is the Image of God 2 Cor 4:4

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Heb 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

Col 1:15

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

So herein, being made in the Image of God culminates in being conformed to the Image of Christ, the Firstborn Son Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

And this entails a inward work of the Holy Spirit to make it experimentally a reality 2 Cor 3:18

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Now this leads us to understand that Adam and his Seed/Generations in him at Creation, made in the Image of God Gen 1:26

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

They could only be those who were before Creation, Chosen in Christ, Predestinated to be conformed to the Image of His Son Rom 8:29, who again is the Image of God 2 Cor 4:4

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

And these are God's Elect Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the World Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

That had to be the foundation of being Made in the Image of God Gen 1:26 !

Nanja

Those made in the Image of God attain to that Image, not by being in Adam, but by being in Christ. The True Image of God that God is Proud of lies in our Christ likeness, who is the Image of God 2 Cor 4:4

Heb 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

Col 1:15

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

So herein, being made in the Image of God culminates in being conformed to the Image of Christ, the Firstborn Son Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

And this entails a inward work of the Holy Spirit to make it experimentally a reality 2 Cor 3:18

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Now this leads us to understand that Adam and his Seed/Generations in him at Creation, made in the Image of God Gen 1:26

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

They could only be those who were before Creation, Chosen in Christ, Predestinated to be conformed to the Image of His Son Rom 8:29, who again is the Image of God 2 Cor 4:4

And these are God's Elect Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the World Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

That had to be the foundation of being Made in the Image of God Gen 1:26 !

I believe it!

Only the Elect of God, Chosen in Christ before the foundation, were federally represented in Adam
who was made in the Image and Likeness of God Gen. 1:26. And so also, those in Him were predestined
to be conformed to the the Image of Christ, who is the Image of God Rom. 8:29; Col. 3:10.

Also it's important to note that Adam, being both male and female Gen. 5:1-2,
was Created after the pattern of Christ and His Church.

Those Adam represented are all of the Chosen Elect, Christ's Church.
And we know that certainly doesn't describe all of humanity.

~~~~~

beloved57

Nanja

I believe it!

Only the Elect of God, Chosen in Christ before the foundation, were federally represented in Adam
who was made in the Image and Likeness of God Gen. 1:26. And so also, those in Him were predestined
to be conformed to the the Image of Christ, who is the Image of God Rom. 8:29; Col. 3:10.

Exactly, The Image and Likeness of God at its Highest standard has always been in Christ, who is the Image of God. Adam and Eve were made in the Image of God only as they were viewed by God in His Son the Lord Jesus Christ, and their being conformed to His Image would confirm their being made in the Image of God !

Also it's important to note that Adam, being both male and female Gen. 5:1-2,
was Created after the pattern of Christ and His Church.

Exactly, which is why God viewed them in Christ from the beginning !

Those Adam represented are all of the Chosen Elect, Christ's Church.
And we know that certainly doesn't describe all of humanity.

Yes, Adam in the very beginning did not represent the non elect, the seed of the serpent ! Adam and Eve only at first Creation represented the Holy/Godly Seed, the Elect, note Mal 2:15

And did not he make one[Adam and Eve]? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

The Godly Seed is the Elect ! Those made in the Image and Likeness of God !

beloved57

Salvation is made sure to all the Seed !

Salvation is made sure to all the Seed !

Salvation in Christ has been Promised not to all men without exception, but only to a certain People, a Particular Seed, for we read in Isa 47:17,25

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Justification and Salvation relatively the same, and again its promised to only a Seed !

No, this Seed of Israel is not speaking of ethnic jews, Abraham's physical descendants according to the flesh, for they are not the Children of God, which are the Seed Rom 9:8

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

It cannot be made any plainer that the jews, Abraham's physical children of the flesh, are not the seed as Per Isa 45:25

25 In the Lord[Jesus Christ] shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

The Seed therefore are those Chosen in Christ, whether jew or Gentile Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

The Promise of Salvation Isa 45:17 and Justification Isa 45:25 is sure to All the Seed, which denotes that its Limited to only a certain People in the World ! A certain People that includes bot jew and Gentiles !