Mexican American war: Two very different tellings

ClimateSanity

The second story doesn't follow what we've been told in school. The first builds upon that false narrative we learned as kids and based on the treaty of Guadalupe, makes a case for retaking the land. That's not what the author is asking for but instead uses it as a battering ram against Trump and he wants to retell the story to make it even more pro Mexican. This is the sad case of historical revisionism. There are no ends to the distortion allowed.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Danoh

Sure "Climate" - and General Custer was merely out on a good will mission when he and his band of cutthroats were wiped out by a people merely fighting for their survival under what ended up one of the worst ethnic cleansings in recorded history.

Ours is and remains, one of the greatest countries on the earth.

But built on a lie...it remains.

A lie those 1st Nations are still having to stand up against the continuance in against what little they have left...to this very moment.

ClimateSanity

Sure "Climate" - and General Custer was merely out on a good will mission when he and his band of cutthroats were wiped out by a people merely fighting for their survival under what ended up one of the worst ethnic cleansings in recorded history.

Ours is remains one of the greatest countries on the earth.

But built on a lie...it remains.

A lie those 1st Nations are still having to stand up against the continuance in against what little they have left...to this very moment.
Sorry you feel that way. Perhaps you prefer a one way ticket to Uganda?

ClimateSanity

I'm fine where I'm at...and then some.

Just as I am not in severe denial of the obvious, to this very day.
Happy now that your progressive buddies have fundamentally transformed this country into something more akin to their liking?

But you hate this country as it was founded. You probably would have been a Tory and moved to Canada during the war or after.