Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Meet Greg from Columbia, A Former Atheist

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
Caller Greg: I kind of resented him for his belief and even at the time he wasn't witnessing to me or anybody. But I could tell that he had certain beliefs. And of course, me as an atheist at the time...

Bob: As an atheist and very open-minded and multicultural, you resented that he believed something that you didn't.

Greg: Right. Correct.
Summary:
* Don't take your kids to see Ice Age: The Meltdown because of the vulgarity. They'd like your children to imitate the profanity in their movie including the three a****, two c****, one d***, and some sexually related dialogue.
* Call Hawaii Republican Governor Linda Lingle, 808 586-0034, and ask her to veto the "Abortion Tourism" bill, H.B. 1242, or email their tourism department to tell them you love Hawaii but not if they become the most pro-abortion state in the country. (Thank you to HLI's Jason Jones for the game plan!)
* Jo Scott reports on the downtown Denver mayhem from thousands of pro-illegal immigration protesters waving Mexican flags.
* Curtis from Denver confirms Jo Scott's report, and adds that a lone protester carried a sign reading: Clinton Raped Juanita! "I knew that!"
* Michael from Columbia MO thanks Bob for the great Bible teaching which enabled him to lead his atheist co-worker, Greg, to the Lord!
* Meet Greg, a former atheist who has humbled himself before God and now trusts Jesus Christ for salvation! Thank you Lord!!
Today's Resource: Thanks to Michael's "plug," we're recommending the highly entertaining and educational Bob Enyart debate video, Live from Las Vegas (VHS or DVD)!

soothsayer

There's still hope for Greg from Columbia though :chuckle:...I started as an agnostic, then became a Christian when I was 17, and now I'm back to agnosticism.

On Fire

allsmiles said:
one day every knee will bow and every tongue confess

Exactly. Even YOU will have no other reaction to being confronted by the one true God than to bow down and worship Him.

allsmiles

On Fire said:
Exactly. Even YOU will have no other reaction to being confronted by the one true God than to bow down and worship Him.

kinda makes you wonder why he doesn't go ahead and do it right now :think:

he'll violate my free will then but he won't now.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
one day every knee will bow and every tongue confess.

:wave2: bye bye free will!!!
Oh my... here we go again.... allsmiles daily affirmation of his own stupidity.

allsmiles... see if you can follow...

When a prisoner is put in jail his freewill is NOT taken away. He can still choose to eat or not eat, sleep or not sleep, read or not read etc.

It isn't his freewill that is taken away yet his freeDOM is taken away.

Freedom and freewill are two different things.

allsmiles

Knight said:
Oh my... here we go again.... allsmiles daily affirmation of his own stupidity.

allsmiles... see if you can follow...

When a prisoner is put in jail his freewill is NOT taken away. He can still choose to eat or not eat, sleep or not sleep, read or not read etc.

It isn't his freewill that is taken away yet his freeDOM is taken away.

Freedom and freewill are two different things.

so this isn't true?

Even YOU will have no other reaction to being confronted by the one true God than to bow down and worship Him.

hitek357

allsmiles said:
kinda makes you wonder why he doesn't go ahead and do it right now :think:

he'll violate my free will then but he won't now.

"Every knee will bow..." is in the Bible twice (at least in the NASB) and I'm interpreting it to mean that those who don't want to be with Him will bow of their own free will, saying "You are Lord, I will now depart from you forever." Some will happily say this, others regretfully.

The reason I interprepret it this way is because the first use is as follows (Isaiah 45): "... to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance." We know that God will NOT force you, allsmiles, or anyone else to swear allegiance; God has said so elsewhere in the Bible. So it probably means His people; it may mean something else similar, but your Free Will will not be violated.

allsmiles

hitek357 said:
"Every knee will bow..." is in the Bible twice (at least in the NASB) and I'm interpreting it to mean that those who don't want to be with Him will bow of their own free will, saying "You are Lord, I will now depart from you forever." Some will happily say this, others regretfully.

The reason I interprepret it this way is because the first use is as follows (Isaiah 45): "... to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance." We know that God will NOT force you, allsmiles, or anyone else to swear allegiance; God has said so elsewhere in the Bible. So it probably means His people; it may mean something else similar, but your Free Will will not be violated.

thanks for the insight... On Fire said something different, so i'm not sure what you guys believe, but thanks anyway :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
so this isn't true?
Huh???

Look, there will come a day where you will know for a fact you have been wrong about God. Hopefully before its too late.

However, that doesn't remove your freewill, instead it will only limit your FREEDOM.

Do you understand the difference between freewill and freedom?

allsmiles

Knight said:
Huh???

Look, there will come a day where you will know for a fact you have been wrong about God. Hopefully before its too late.

so, when he comes i will worship him?

However, that doesn't remove your freewill, instead it will only limit your FREEDOM.

Do you understand the difference between freewill and freedom?

i understand.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
so, when he comes i will worship him?
I don't know... will you?

Every knee will bow... as in every person will at some point know the truth. You wont be in hell wondering if you were still right all along.

allsmiles

Knight said:
I don't know... will you?

Every knee will bow... as in every person will at some point know the truth. You wont be in hell wondering if you were still right all along.

so when it says every knee, it only means everyone will know the truth, but not that everyone will worship?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
This should about sum up the free will/freedom question...

This should about sum up the free will/freedom question...

Freewill is what happens inside your head; Freedom is what happens outside your head, when you act upon your surroundings.

So, your body can be bowing and confessing outside your control while your mind is going "what baloney this is!"...

It appears that God controls bodies but not minds (something about not wanting to be loved by robots who don't know any different...).

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
so when it says every knee, it only means everyone will know the truth, but not that everyone will worship?
You will bow in respect to Him as you give your testimony...

For it is written: “As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. - Romans 14:11-12

Status
Not open for further replies.