Medical experts: Masks do not protect against covid

marke

Americans have become so convinced that masks protect from covid that they are unwilling to accept the scientific truth to the contrary. This widespread acceptance of a delusion causes elected officials to mandate that masks be worn everywhere, which is doing a great deal of unnecessary damage to the American way of life.

Former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb admitted that cloth masks do not provide a high level of protection against COVID-19. Gottlieb — who sits on the board of directors of Pfizer — delivered his insight on face masks as well as stating that the omicron is a milder variant during an appearance on "Face the Nation."

"Cloth masks aren't going to provide a lot of protection, that's the bottom line," Gottlieb told host Margaret Brennan on Sunday morning.

"This is an airborne illness," he continued. "We now understand that, and a cloth mask is not going to protect you from a virus that spreads through airborne transmission."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I went into two stores today and each time I forgot my mask and so was very conscious of other people's reactions to me. Nobody reacted to me. At a rough guess, besides staff, and I'd say that 60 to 70% of the other customers weren't wearing masks either. This is in New York state where we have another mask mandate ongoing. But it's part of the state that doesn't have a lot of respect for Albany or New York City. And we're getting tired of this nonsense.