Matthew 27:53

Lon

So ignore this claim of an incredible event? Graves opening and the previously dead walking around Jerusalem? OK.
And the message. I know the message. It, as the walking dead story, is myth.

Well, some myths are true. There was a St. Nicolas after all. What stake do you have? Just wanting to be incredulous for the incredible? I've seen incredible things. You wouldn't believe me if 'unwilling' is your MO. You get to own your own way of thinking. Does that mean it is the only way to think? That others are 'thinking' wrongly? I don't believe in ghosts. I'm not aghostist. I'm not even ag-ghostist.

clefty

There appear to be no recorded accounts other than that in the Bible, which was written years after the occurrence. One would expect that some Roman bureaucrat would have noted this influx of the deal into Jerusalem. So my best guess is that it never happened. Just more fluff added to support this new religion.

Well the intent of this exercise is working...it is meant to seperate those that believe Him His way which includes His word from those that dont...the message of the cross is foolishness indeed...but for a certain group...

So if I am wrong I had a great faith life anyway...and if you are...you didnt even have that...and now it gets worse

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Well the intent of this exercise is working...it is meant to seperate those that believe Him His way which includes His word from those that dont...the message of the cross is foolishness indeed...but for a certain group...

So if I am wrong I had a great faith life anyway...and if you are...you didnt even have that...and now it gets worse

So if I dont believe in the Holy Book my life will be awful? Hunh, hasn't happened so far.

clefty

So if I dont believe in the Holy Book my life will be awful? Hunh, hasn't happened so far.

Yeah better leave the Holy Book alone if what you do to my posts indicates at all how you read...lol

I wrote you didnt even have a great faith life...not that your life will be awful...actually many non believers prosper and are quite happy and content with their lives...but then it ends...

jsanford108

How do I know this verse is not to be taken literally? It is in the midst of the description of what Christians believe to be a literal occurrence.

Zeke is pretty much fringe in his analysis as the particular verse being symbolic. You raise an excellent query, by asking how to derive literal and symbolic meaning.

jsanford108

Jonahdog,

In order to have a productive, intellectual discussion, we must agree on three principles. 1.) To be objective. Facts are objective, and are unchanging. 2.) To follow evidence to wherever it leads, with skepticism, as well as belief. 3.) To be honest. We need to both be intellectually honest, and genuine, in our discussion.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Yeah better leave the Holy Book alone if what you do to my posts indicates at all how you read...lol

I wrote you didnt even have a great faith life...not that your life will be awful...actually many non believers prosper and are quite happy and content with their lives...but then it ends...

Life ends for everyone

clefty

Life ends for everyone

This life maybe unless He returns...

But no, death of this life is exactly NOT the end...there is judgement and then ETERNITY for “here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF His son”...note its NOT faith in HIm...but His faith walk...Him/His way

This life is just practice...or not...

jsanford108

Don't worry Jdog, I will start a new thread if Cherubram debates issues off-topic; I assure you, my point lies with discussion on Scripture.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL