ECT Matt 24:34 means !!

popsthebuilder

I believe true Israel or the twelve tribes or twelve candles have been spread and represent those rightiously lead under God across the globe. There are right minded people that will be lead by the spirit under GOD within currently divided religions. When Faith and the teachings of Christ are actually followed differences based in greed will be washed away. There will be an eighth month or candle. It will be one of peaceful unity in the direction of GOD alone. the fig tree represents the season and the bearing of fruit at the appointed time. This appointed time will be kept as God does not lie. No man knows for sure before time unless God shows them. All will know when the sun and moon can't be seen.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Just when I thought I saw every dumb explanation of Matt 24:34 that exists, low and behold, a dumber one pops up.

Don't you guys ever get tired of trying to explain why Matt 24:34 doesn't mean what it says?

Why don't you just believe what it says?

These things Jesus referred to was figurative, He fulfilled the prophecies in that generation. :duh:

DAN P

"generation" in that context refers to life as we know it. The generation of man, if you will. Things will be wholly different and unknown to us at the end.

There will be those rightly lead under God, and those that deceive and are deceived until the actual end time.

Hi and generation is a Transliterated word , G 1074 , and can be translated by the following English words !!

#1 , fathered
#2 , birth
#3, nativity
#4, begotten
#5, the whole multitude
#6, a perverse nation
#7, occupied by a successive generation

And many more !!

dan p

popsthebuilder

Hi and generation is a Transliterated word , G 1074 , and can be translated by the following English words !!

#1 , fathered
#2 , birth
#3, nativity
#4, begotten
#5, the whole multitude
#6, a perverse nation
#7, occupied by a successive generation

And many more !!

dan p
Cool. I was interpreting a particular verse. Thanks though, I think.
Peace.

Danoh

Talk about the various shades of "not for us" groups on here..

Given that it was "not for" Peter and the Eleven "to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power," Acts 1:7, His entire narrative below is rather vague, and comes off more as a general set of guidelines.

Matthew 24:

25. Behold, I have told you before.
26. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32. Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33. So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39. And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

It appears He himself does not know what generation that will be.

And that whatever the Spirit was asserting through Peter in Acts 3 was nevertheless still in light of Acts 1:7, as 2 Peter 3 bore out, years later.

But exploring all this really matters not.

Not if it already happened.

And not if it was interrupted.

It does make for many rounds between those on all sides who are simply into proving others wrong :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It appears He himself does not know what generation that will be.

Wrong.

Try reading the gospels.

Use a concordance and look up the words "this generation", and see how the phrase is used by Jesus in the gospels other than Matt 24:34.

If you do, you will easily see that Jesus specifically was referring to the generation of His Jewish contemporaries.

Danoh

Wrong.

Try reading the gospels.

Use a concordance and look up the words "this generation", and see how the phrase is used by Jesus in the gospels other than Matt 24:34.

If you do, you will easily see that Jesus specifically was referring to the generation of His Jewish contemporaries.

Call it wrong if that makes you happy. Use a Concordance in that way, if that makes you happy. Don't, if that makes you happy.

Doesn't make it so; doesn't make it not so.

There is no real exploring a thing with most; regardless of what issue, or what side of the fence.

The best to you in this.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Call it wrong if that makes you happy. Use a Concordance in that way, if that makes you happy. Don't, if that makes you happy.

Doesn't make it so; doesn't make it not so.

There is no real exploring a thing with most; regardless of what issue, or what side of the fence.

The best to you in this.

(Luke 7:31) And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

(Luke 11:30) For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

(Luke 11:31) The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

(Luke 11:32) The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

(Luke 11:50) That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;

(Luke 11:51) From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

(Luke 17:25) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

(Luke 21:32) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

As we see in the gospel of Luke, every time Jesus used the phrase "This Generation" He specifically referred to the generation of Jews who were His contemporaries.

It is intellectually dishonest to read all the verses in Luke with the phrase "This Generation", and then claim Luke 21:32 is speaking of a completely different generation than the one referred to in all the previous verses the phrase is used.

Danoh

(Luke 7:31) And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

(Luke 11:30) For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

(Luke 11:31) The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

(Luke 11:32) The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

(Luke 11:50) That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;

(Luke 11:51) From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

(Luke 17:25) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

(Luke 21:32) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

As we see in the gospel of Luke, every time Jesus used the phrase "This Generation" He specifically referred to the generation of Jews who were His contemporaries.

It is intellectually dishonest to read all the verses in Luke with the phrase "This Generation", and then claim Luke 21:32 is speaking of a completely different generation than the one referred to in all the previous verses the phrase is used.

It can appear that way.

DAN P

Hi and it also used in Col 1:26 and KEPT SECRET from the GENERATIONS , so explain now what generations now means , since it was kept secret BEFORE the foundation of the AGES but is now made manifest !!

dan p

Interplanner

Where does it say it was kept secret before the foundations? The Rom 16 passage is 'long ages past' of Judaism. The inclusion of Gentiles was known, but not the method--the Gospel. Judaims thought the inclusion would happen through the law.

DAN P

Where does it say it was kept secret before the foundations? The Rom 16 passage is 'long ages past' of Judaism. The inclusion of Gentiles was known, but not the method--the Gospel. Judaims thought the inclusion would happen through the law.

Hi , and in Col 1:26 , it reads , The MYSTERY , the ONE HAVING KEPT SECRET from the AGES and from the GENERATIONS , but now was MANIFEST to the saints !!

Other proof texts are Eph 1:4 and 2 Tin 1:9 say before the WORLD BEGAN !!

DAN P