ECT Matt 24:34 means !!

DAN P

Hi to all and here again one of our forum posters says that Dispensationalist are very DIPPY , is what he called me and claims we AVOID passages like this , BUT he AVOIDS passages like Col 1:26 and Run away and hides !!

Matt 24:34 reads , Verily I say unto you , This generation shall not pass , TILL all these things be fulfilled !!

The Key word that HAUNTS them is the word Generation !!

It is easy to explain when you are Dispensational and not Pentecostal is what I see !!

All what Jesus preached to them that this GENERATION of CHRIST REJECTOR shall not Pass away , which means the Rejection of there coming back to serve God , and to estabilsh the Kingdom of Heaven , and to be Kings and Priests of God in Rev 1:6 WILL be fulfilled IN THE MILLENNIAL KINGDOM !!

What all fail to see is that the Great Tribulation is a PURGING of the nation of Israel and the GOATS and SHEEP Gentiles in Matt 25:32-46 !!

dan p

The ones concerned , by Matt 24:34 want to experience the Great Tribulation or see what the #666 will look like , because Jesus is telling this to Jews !!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
All what Jesus preached to them that this GENERATION of CHRIST REJECTOR shall not Pass away

Just when I thought I saw every dumb explanation of Matt 24:34 that exists, low and behold, a dumber one pops up.

Don't you guys ever get tired of trying to explain why Matt 24:34 doesn't mean what it says?

Why don't you just believe what it says?

DAN P

Just when I thought I saw every dumb explanation of Matt 24:34 that exists, low and behold, a dumber one pops up.

Don't you guys ever get tired of trying to explain why Matt 24:34 doesn't mean what it says?

Hi and I believe BUT you are not on the RADAR !!:darwinsm::darwinsm:

I write for those that want to learn And not for you !!

dan p

Danoh

His explanation may be up for debate, true; but so is yours.

Case in point...you assert that in Matthew 24: 34's "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled" the word "till" refers to a condition - the condition of Jesus’ generation would not pass “till all these things be fulfilled.”

In Matthew 23 we read:
39. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

If 24: 34’s “This generation shall not pass, til” refers to the condition of Jesus’ generation not passing “till all these things be fulfilled,” then 23:39’s “Ye shall not see me henceforth, till” is also conditional; the condition of their not seeing Him again “till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.”

You can't have it both ways, Tel.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The fig tree does not symbolize Israel.
It's nearest antecedent was what? The abomination of Desolation!

Therefore the tribulation generation is going to see this event and will know that the second coming is near (3&1/2 years away)they will know this because just like a tree buds before summer the antichrist will desecrate the Temple as a sign for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

Again, the fig tree is not in this passage and neither is the fig tree anywhere the symbol for Israel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Did Darby tell you to say that TeT?

genuineoriginal

Hi to all and here again one of our forum posters says that Dispensationalist are very DIPPY
Does that mean you are both a Dispensationalist and a Dip-sensationalist?

Matt 24:34 reads , Verily I say unto you , This generation shall not pass , TILL all these things be fulfilled !!

Generation is a problem for futurists, but not for historicists.
(Preterists also have no problem with generation).

This generation obviously means the evil and adulterous generation that will be shown the sign of Jonah.

So, the only word that is debatable within the verse is the word "all".

What all fail to see is that the Great Tribulation is a PURGING of the nation of Israel and the GOATS and SHEEP Gentiles in Matt 25:32-46 !!
Yes, the purging of the nation of Israel, the Great Tribulation spoken of by Jesus in the Olivet Discourse, has been going on since 66 CE.
It is the 1950+ years of the Great Tribulation that makes it "Great".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
His explanation may be up for debate, true; but so is yours.

Case in point...you assert that in Matthew 24: 34's "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled" the word "till" refers to a condition - the condition of Jesus’ generation would not pass “till all these things be fulfilled.”

In Matthew 23 we read:
39. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

If 24: 34’s “This generation shall not pass, til” refers to the condition of Jesus’ generation not passing “till all these things be fulfilled,” then 23:39’s “Ye shall not see me henceforth, till” is also conditional; the condition of their not seeing Him again “till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.”

"Blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord" is from Psalm 118:26.

Three of the feasts required Israelite's to make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem for that feast. When these Israelites would reach Jerusalem, the Israelites who lived in Jerusalem would line the streets and sing Psalm 118:26.

The next pilgrimage feast that occurred after Jesus said what He did in Matt 23:39 was Pentecost.

Guess what happened on that Pentecost when the Jews lined the streets and sang "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord"?

HINT: (Acts 2:6) When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken.

I don't. Both were fulfilled exactly how and when Jesus said they would be.

DAN P

Hi and one says that another problem word id the WORD "TILL " and I know that Col 1:26 is a very BIG PROBLEM for all that are not dispensational , so keep running and I believe I have a solid answer !!:rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

andyc

Hi and one says that another problem word id the WORD "TILL " and I know that Col 1:26 is a very BIG PROBLEM for all that are not dispensational , so keep running and I believe I have a solid answer !!:rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

Very big problem?

If its a big problem, every christian is in big trouble.
Until the Holy Spirit was poured out, no one could enter the presence of God. This is your simple mystery, which hasn't been a mystery for 2000 years.

You're behaving like a complete fool who's read the bible for the first time and has now come here to tell everyone how to interpret it.

For goodness sake grow up.

DAN P

Very big problem?

If its a big problem, every christian is in big trouble.
Until the Holy Spirit was poured out, no one could enter the presence of God. This is your simple mystery, which hasn't been a mystery for 2000 years.

You're behaving like a complete fool who's read the bible for the first time and has now come here to tell everyone how to interpret it.

For goodness sake grow up.

Hi and then you can explain Col 1:26 , will be easy for you ??

By the way HOW WERE YOU SAVED ??

Do you have an answer //

dan p

andyc

Hi and then you can explain Col 1:26 , will be easy for you ??

By the way HOW WERE YOU SAVED ??

Do you have an answer //

dan p

I explained it twice already today. The fact that you dont unerstand, is not entirely surprising.

andyc

The problem with hyper dispennutcases is that, they do not understand the basic transition between flesh and spirit with the covenant change. This is the mystery, but its too mysterious for them to grasp it.

DAN P

I explained it twice already today. The fact that you dont unerstand, is not entirely surprising.

Hi and stop BLOVIATING and explain Col 1:26 , which you NEVER DID !!

And you can tell us how you were saved !!:rotfl::rotfl:

Are you ASHAMED and too scared to say how ??

dan p

Interplanner

The problem with hyper dispennutcases is that, they do not understand the basic transition between flesh and spirit with the covenant change. This is the mystery, but its too mysterious for them to grasp it.

That's not the main mystery (Eph 3, Col 1, Rom 16 which think are all the same one), but yes there is a misunderstanding of spirit and flesh in interpretation in D'ism

Interplanner

Hi to all and here again one of our forum posters says that Dispensationalist are very DIPPY , is what he called me and claims we AVOID passages like this , BUT he AVOIDS passages like Col 1:26 and Run away and hides !!

It is easy to explain when you are Dispensational and not Pentecostal is what I see !!

All what Jesus preached to them that this GENERATION of CHRIST REJECTOR shall not Pass away , which means the Rejection of there coming back to serve God , and to estabilsh the Kingdom of Heaven , and to be Kings and Priests of God in Rev 1:6 WILL be fulfilled IN THE MILLENNIAL KINGDOM !!

dan p

The ones concerned , by Matt 24:34 want to experience the Great Tribulation or see what the #666 will look like , because Jesus is telling this to Jews !!

There are no future details about the nation of Israel. This is clear from Mt 24 in that at v29 the attention shifts from 1st century Judea to the future and the whole world and has no Judean detail. We also know it has been delayed.

Col 1's mystery (3x in the letter) is the same as Eph 3 and Rom 16 (none of which are Rom 11's or I Cor 15's). It has nothing to do with future Israel. The mystery is that the nations get to receive the promises to Israel because the promises come apart from the Law. They come in the Gospel. "Now, through the Gospel, the nations are..." That's what was unforeseen to Judaism, although Abraham saw Christ's day.

Dan P is injecting it with futurism that is not really there.

popsthebuilder

dan p

"generation" in that context refers to life as we know it. The generation of man, if you will. Things will be wholly different and unknown to us at the end.

There will be those rightly lead under God, and those that deceive and are deceived until the actual end time.