MARK 1:4 JOHN'S BAPTISM

Right Divider

Body part
Link isn't working. Browser complains that it can't be found.
It works for me. It's local to this site.

Here is the content:

Many claim that Galatians 1 precludes multiple gospels. But it's simply them ignoring context as is too typical of many.

Gal 1:6-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:6) I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: (1:7) Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. (1:8) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. (1:9) As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

There is a specific audience involved here. Once you take that into account, there is no problem at all.

DougE

I'm starting to see more light about your position. Before I couldn't distinguish what you meant with Isreal and and the body Christ. But know I do. Another poster Right Divider explained it in our conversation.

I'm going to look more closely to the claim that water baptism was for the children of Israel only. Thanks for the guide.

Hi

You are most welcome....ask anything anytime and we will try to answer

k0de

It works for me. It's local to this site.

Here is the content:

Many claim that Galatians 1 precludes multiple gospels. But it's simply them ignoring context as is too typical of many.

Gal 1:6-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:6) I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: (1:7) Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. (1:8) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. (1:9) As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

There is a specific audience involved here. Once you take that into account, there is no problem at all.
What audience? The Church of Galatia or the false teachers on v.7 that are trying disturb the Gospels?

There is only one gospel, not two and if one insists there are two, one of them is false

k0de

John's baptism was for the remission of sins, to cleanse Israel as priests in the coming Davidic kingdom,
This doesn't make sense. Didn't all priesthood from ancient Israel was from the tribe of the Levi for ever and ever.

"And thou shalt anoint them, as thou didst anoint their father, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office: for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations."(Exodus 40:15)

Right Divider

Body part
This doesn't make sense. Didn't all priesthood from ancient Israel was from the tribe of the Levi for ever and ever.
You have a LOT of studying to do.

"And thou shalt anoint them, as thou didst anoint their father, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office: for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations."(Exodus 40:15)
Israel had a number of priesthoods within their nation.

Israel was to be a kingdom of priests to all nations (gentiles).

DougE

Hello

All Israel will be Priests in the kingdom

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This does not mean that the Levites will no longer be Priests

Jeremiah 33:18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.

oatmeal

Mark 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

John's baptism was for the remission of sins, to cleanse Israel as priests in the coming Davidic kingdom, in which, Israel would reign with Christ on earth.

1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

John baptized with water according to the covenant and the law. Jesus would baptize not with water, but with the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost came on the disciples at Pentecost according to the New Testament. The New Testament was only for Israel and Judah. By the Holy Spirit, Israel would be given a new heart and would be able to keep the law.

Indeed John's baptism in water was replaced by the baptism in pneuma hagion referred to as the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

In the same sense that water baptism was referred to John's baptism, the baptism in holy spirit could be referred to Jesus Christ's baptism.

If we would name it by the one who was the agent of its institution.

However more deeply both were instituted by God.

Obviously Jesus' baptism being the one and only preeminent one as far as scripture and Christianity goes

k0de

Hello

All Israel will be Priests in the kingdom

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This does not mean that the Levites will no longer be Priests

Jeremiah 33:18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.

You know DoughE Exodus 19:5 and 19:6 were my very next questions. But you already answered it. Alright we're a work in progress here. But I don't understand Jeremiah 33:18. How is that verse a claim for the Levites to keep their preisthood?

And if you don't mind. What is your Christian sec from the way?

Last edited:

k0de

You have a LOT of studying to do.

Israel had a number of priesthoods within their nation.

Israel was to be a kingdom of priests to all nations (gentiles).
With all your respect RD. I'm receiving a lot virtual from you. Something like that woman who touched the cloak of the Lord. But your statements are incomplete. Thus making me feel that your logic is fallacious. Can you for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ please eloborate your statements better.

Right Divider

Body part
With all your respect RD. I'm receiving a lot virtual from you. Something like that woman who touched the cloak of the Lord. But your statements are incomplete. Thus making me feel that your logic is fallacious. Can you for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ please eloborate your statements better.
There is nothing fallacious in what I told you.

You need to study the scripture with regard to priesthoods before you can understand the problem with your earlier statement.

There were a number of priesthoods within the nation of Israel.
These are NOT the same priesthood that Israel is to be to the gentile nations.

I'm not expert enough about the topic it explain all of the details off the top of my head. Do some of your own research and then you'll understand that there is not just a single priesthood associated with Israel.

Also note that the apostle wrote 13 epistles and does not use the terms "priest" nor "priesthood" even a single time.

DougE

You know DoughE Exodus 19:5 and 19:6 were my very next questions. But you already answered it. Alright we're a work in progress here. But I don't understand Jeremiah 33:18. How is that verse a claim for the Levites to keep their preisthood?

And if you don't mind. What is your Christian sec from the way?

Hi

Jeremiah 33:18 is saying the Levites were to be priests continually.

Ezekiel below is talking of the future millennial temple when Christ returns and sets up his kingdom. The Levite priests will serve in the temple.

Ezekiel 43:19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord GOD, a young bullock for a sin offering.

I am just a Bible, grace believer in Christ Jesus.

k0de

Hi

Jeremiah 33:18 is saying the Levites were to be priests continually.

Ezekiel below is talking of the future millennial temple when Christ returns and sets up his kingdom. The Levite priests will serve in the temple.

Ezekiel 43:19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord GOD, a young bullock for a sin offering.
Thank you

am just a Bible, grace believer in Christ Jesus.
As of late me too.

k0de

Hi

Good to hear

Can I ask.... how do you say we are saved to life eternal and heaven?

Hmm DougE Idk. But I'm trusting in Jesus. And I hope I'm right. Through his grace and nothing else. Does that make sense?

DougE

Hmm DougE Idk. But I'm trusting in Jesus. And I hope I'm right. Through his grace and nothing else. Does that make sense?

Hi

Yes you got it right

We just believe the gospel and trust Christ. Jesus paid for all our sin... he died for our sin as our substitute. We have his imputed(put to our account) righteousness. We have forgiveness of sin by his blood. He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous). We are complete in him and his finished salvation by his cross.

k0de

Hi

Yes you got it right

We just believe the gospel and trust Christ. Jesus paid for all our sin... he died for our sin as our substitute. We have his imputed(put to our account) righteousness. We have forgiveness of sin by his blood. He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous). We are complete in him and his finished salvation by his cross.
That's was up. Thanks DoughE..