ECT Many "paths" to God? No.

john w

Hall of Fame
Christianity and the law of non-contradiction

My brother is a doctor, so perhaps a medical analogy will clarify my argument that we need to be clear on the remedy for man's separation from a Holy God. If one of our loved ones were physically ill, we would not want to be deceived. We would not want to make life and death decisions based on superstition or mysticism. We would want precise answers to specific questions. We would not want general notions, opinions(one of the reasons the Lord Jesus Christ sharply rebuked the Pharisees-relying on their traditions/opinions instead of the word of God), or empty words. We would actively engage all our faculties to judge the truth. We should desire to know the right standard by which to judge these crucial matters because physical life is at stake. How much more should we value the truth and the right standards when questions concerning eternal life is at stake? Someone may claim to be physically fit and well, while they may have cancer inside beginning to eat away at their physical life. When you visit a doctor, you want the truth, the right prescription, even if does not "make you feel good."

The argument that "All roads lead to the same destination", that all "religions"are equally true(i.e., pluralism) is a self-refuting argument-it self-destructs, "commits suicide,"and here is why. The notion of "religious pluralism"=all religions are true, and the law of non-contradiction= opposite truth claims cannot both be true; no 2 propositions which contain contrary claims can both be true at the same time; if 2 statements about 1 particular issue contradict one another, then they are both false, or only one of them is true, but they cannot both be true.

If all "religions" are true, then Christianity is true. But the foundation of Christianity is its EXCLUSIVENESS, i.e., all other "religions" are false-Isaiah 43:11 KJV, Hosea 13:4 KJV,John 14:16 KJV, Acts 4:12 KJV.... Either Christianity is correct/true, and other "religions" are false/lies, or some other "religion" is true, and Christianity is false. The law of non-contradiction necessitates that if Christianity is true, all other "religions" are false. Either way, all other "religions" and Christianity cannot both be true at the same time. Thus, the Bible's claim to be the only revelation FROM God and OF God to mankind requires that all other religion's "scripture" be false.

The true LORD God, as revealed in the Holy Bible, can only be accessed through His only begotten Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, who is "...the power of God, and the wisdom of God"(1 Cor. 1:24 KJV), by His authority, through the power of the Holy Spirit:

"But now in Christ Jesus(emphasis mine)....For through him(emphasis mine) we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father(emphasis mine)." Ephesians 2:13 KJV/Ephesians 2:18 KJV

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ(emphasis mine): By whom also we have access(emphasis mine) by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1-2 KJV

"And whatsoever ye do in word(emphasis mine) or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus(emphasis mine), giving thanks to God and the Father by him(emphasis mine)." Colossians 3:17 KJV(see also Ephesians 5:20 KJV, Romans 1:8 KJV)

This Christ-rejecting world, "religion", shuns mentioning the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. As such, God the Father does not, and will not, honour any "access" requests, except through the Lord Jesus Christ, and any worship of any "god" that is not revealed by/accessed through the Lord Jesus Christ, and revealed exclusively through the Holy Bible, is not honored, as it is written:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.(emphasis mine)." John 5:23 KJV

But one day soon, every one, both saved and lost, will honor the Lord Jesus Christ, all to the glory of God the Father, as it is written:

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11 KJV

oatmeal

John 14:6

Jesus Christ alone is the way, the path to God

Jesus Christ is the way to God, Jesus Christ is the journey, God is the destination

Last edited: