Mans heart by nature is hardened spiritually towards God

beloved57

Paul writing to the Roman Believers writes this Rom 2:5

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Now some may argue here Paul is speaking about jews, which may be true, however it doesnt matter because whether jew or gentile naturally speaking were all under sin Rom 3:9

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

Hardness and impenitent of heart is merely a symptom of being under sin !

The word hardness is the greek word sklérotés and means:

hardness, hardness of heart, obstinacy, perverseness. this characterizes mans heart by nature, towards God

The next word does as well impenitent, which is the greek word ametanoétos which means: unrepentant, impenitent

The natural heart of man is without repentance towards God. This is so much the truth that God must give man a new heart and take away his natural heart of stone before man can repent towards God Ezk 11:19

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh,

Ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.

Unless God begins this process, which is the New Birth of the Spirit, mans heart remains hard and without repentance towards God !

Nanja

Paul writing to the Roman Believers writes this Rom 2:5

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Now some may argue here Paul is speaking about jews, which may be true, however it doesnt matter because whether jew or gentile naturally speaking were all under sin Rom 3:9

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

Hardness and impenitent of heart is merely a symptom of being under sin !

The word hardness is the greek word sklérotés and means:

hardness, hardness of heart, obstinacy, perverseness. this characterizes mans heart by nature, towards God

The next word does as well impenitent, which is the greek word ametanoétos which means: unrepentant, impenitent

The natural heart of man is without repentance towards God. This is so much the truth that God must give man a new heart and take away his natural heart of stone before man can repent towards God Ezk 11:19

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh,

Ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.

Unless God begins this process, which is the New Birth of the Spirit, mans heart remains hard and without repentance towards God !

Amen Brother !

There's no possibility of repentance toward God with a spiritually hardened impenitent heart the natural man has.

The only remedy is a new Spiritual Heart given by God John 3:27 in New Birth Ezk. 36:26-27.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=H3820&t=KJV

Truster

Amen Brother !

There's no possibility of repentance toward God with a spiritually hardened impenitent heart the natural man has.

The only remedy is a new Spiritual Heart given by God John 3:27 in New Birth Ezk. 36:26-27.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=H3820&t=KJV

OK you have also used the term heart. What is meant by the term heart that you have used? Or are you using it parrot fashion with no understanding.

For instance when you read this....HEART... which of the two possible meanings enter your mind?

Bradley D

"... for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth.." (Gen. 8:21).

That was after the flood. It has not changed.