Man planned to eat murder victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free-Agent Smith

This is why you are wrong. You don't care.

PureX said:
I don't believe that for a minute, and anyway, I don't care what convicted criminals think. We can't change the way people think, and trying is a waste of time.
Murderers think about murder then commit murder. The same with rapists, childmolesters and so on. Obviously you don't understand that. You seem to ignore the idea that many are repeat offenders. Our country has been lenient on using the death penalty for about 30 - 40 years and it shows. Almost all of the articles that I post on here are about people who have been previously convicted and released back into society. They commit the same crime or one that is worse than their original crime. Obviously the parole system doesn't work and neither does the idea of "good behavior".

My opinion isn't an emotional response, apparently you can't see that.

You can't even be sure about absolutes so how can you be sure about anything especially about logic when it concerns criminals.

Free-Agent Smith

Ya know purex, it seems you really don't have anything else to say about the article in the opening post. How about you just move on. If you really want to talk about the death penalty and how unfair it is start another thread on it.

PureX

Free-Agent Smith said:
This is why you are wrong. You don't care.
that's irrational.
Free-Agent Smith said:
Murderers think about murder then commit murder. The same with rapists, childmolesters and so on. Obviously you don't understand that.
Some do, and some don't. In my town there was a brutal rape and murder just a few days ago. A man and a women who knew each other just as acquaintances left a bar together late wedensday night. Friday morning she was found raped, beaten, and stabbed to death behind a trucking company warehouse.

We don't know exactly what happened, as we often never do, but the odds are good it happened something like this: both parties were drunk. The woman needed a ride home, and knew the man from around the bar, so she accepted a ride home from him. He, being a drunken idiot, immediately decided this meant that she wanted to have sex with him. So when they got in the car, he put the "moves" on her, which she rudely rejected. This made the man angry, and because he was drunk, before he knew what he was doing he had hit her a few times and was forcing himself on her. She of course fought back all the harder which in turn made him more angry and more violent. The situation soon became an all out violent rape, and he suddenly realized that he'd have to kill her because she knew him and could identify him as a rapist. So he stabbed her to death and dumped her body.

He didn't intend to rape and kill anyone that night. Not even when they left the bar together. And he sure wasn't thinking about capitol punishment. All he was thinking about was getting what he wanted from her, and when it turned violent, all he was thinking about was not getting caught. What happened would have happened exactly as it did regardless of capitol punishment, because murderers are morons, and are usually crazy, drunk, high, or all three when they commit their crimes. They aren't thinking rationally. And they aren't thinking about capitol punishment or the ten commandments. All they're thinking about is getting what they want, and not getting caught.

Here's a scenario I saw happen in Chicago many, many times when I was living there, and it happened near here just a few months ago. An olderly man or woman hires the young man who lives next door (or down the street, or from somewhere near by, because they "know" him) to come move a piece of heavy furniture (or some similar task). What they don't know is that the nice young man from across the street is a junkie, and will do almost anything to get hold of some crack cocaine.

So Junkie-boy comes by the old lady's house and moves the heavy object, or whatever task it is, and the old lady gives him $20. Great! Junkie-boy is happy, and so is the old lady. So Junkie-boy runs down the street and buys himself some crack, and smokes it up right away. Now he's nice and high, and feeling invincible, but he's already looking for his next score. So he decides to go back to the old lady's house and rob her because when she gave him the $20 he saw that she had a couple more in her purse. So he goes back and knocks on her door, and unfortunately she opens it because she sees that it's him. Junkie-boy is trying to distract her somehow so he can steal the money from her purse when she's not looking but his "plan" isn't working so in fear and frustration he decided to strong-arm her. Junkie-boy starts hitting her and screaming at her so she'll give him whatever money she has, and suddenly it occurs to him that she knows she's being robbed and will identify him to the police. So he grabs a knife from the kitchen and kills her.

He didn't go to her house with the intent of killing her, he was only going to rob her. But once the plan broke and the violence started, he realized that she would call the police. So that's when he decided he had to kill - to keep from being caught.

This is how it is with most murders. Most murderers know their victims, and more importantly, most victims know their murderers. They start out intending only to rob, or rape, or "scare" or otherwise punish or intimidate them, but when the violence starts, they suddenly realize that they're committing a real crime, and that their victims can identify them. So they kill them to keep from being caught. Or sometimes, they kill them accidentally when the violence goes to far too fast.

Very few murderers sit around plotting and planning out their murder. Some do, but not many. And even those that do are still not thinking about capitol punishment. They're thinking that they're more clever than the police, and that they'll get away with their crime. The plotters and planners always think they're smarter than everyone else. And that they'll be able to get away with murder.

Capitol punishment really doesn't enter into the thinking of murderers hardly ever.
Free-Agent Smith said:
You seem to ignore the idea that many are repeat offenders.
Actually, no they aren't. Very few people who commit murder ever do it again.
Free-Agent Smith said:
Our country has been lenient on using the death penalty for about 30 - 40 years and it shows. Almost all of the articles that I post on here are about people who have been previously convicted and released back into society. They commit the same crime or one that is worse than their original crime. Obviously the parole system doesn't work and neither does the idea of "good behavior".
You seek out these stories and post them so that you can create the impression that this is a common scenario. But it's not.
Free-Agent Smith said:
My opinion isn't an emotional response, apparently you can't see that.
Well, it's not based on logic, or on the facts. What else am I to think? You just keep repeating the inaccurate conclusion that capitol punishment deters those who intend to commit murder. But it doesn't. And without that "justification", you have nothing to recommend capitol punishment but irrational emotionalism.

PureX

Free-Agent Smith said:
Ya know purex, it seems you really don't have anything else to say about the article in the opening post. How about you just move on. If you really want to talk about the death penalty and how unfair it is start another thread on it.
But you said that promoting the death penalty is why you post these articles in the first place (remember?). Now that someone presents you with a coherent argument, suddenly you're claiming this is off topic? What a weasel.

Free-Agent Smith

PureX said:
But you said that promoting the death penalty is why you post these articles in the first place (remember?). Now that someone presents you with a coherent argument, suddenly you're claiming this is off topic? What a weasel.
You must be an idiot. This thread is about the crime Mr. Underwood commited, not the death penalty itself.

PureX

Free-Agent Smith said:
You must be an idiot. This thread is about the crime Mr. Underwood commited, not the death penalty itself.
You wrote this in post #31: "I posted it so that it will remind people that we need the death penalty for crimes likes this, not therapy or incarceration."

And now that you've been presented with an argument, all you can do is lie and name-call. Very sad.

koban

PureX said:
You wrote this in post #31: "I posted it so that it will remind people that we need the death penalty for crimes likes this, not therapy or incarceration."

And now that you've been presented with an argument, all you can do is lie and name-call. Very sad.

PureX, this fellow didn't act on a moment of drug induced weakness.

"Regarding a potential motive, this appears to have been part of a plan to kidnap a person, rape them, torture them, kill them, cut off their head, drain the body of blood, rape the corpse, eat the corpse, then dispose of the organs and bones," Purcell Police Chief David Tompkins told a news conference.

He had a plan that he was in the process of carrying out. Your argument that the death penalty is inappropriate for murderers because most of them probably won't murder again does not apply to this case.

It's a pretty stupid argument anyways. :chuckle:

Quit being a total retard and acknowledge FAS's point.

If you agree that you have been a total jackasss on this thread and deserve to be thoroughly :mock:ed, don't respond.

Free-Agent Smith

PureX said:

You are trying to present a blanket arguement for what seems to be for all mankind with some kind of rehabilitative hope for them.

I on the otherhand argue each individual case/incident I see. You seem to believe incarceration can rehabilitate any crime.

I argue in the defense of people like Jamie Rose Bolin. You argue for the rights of people like Mr. Underwood.

You can call me a weasel if you like but I'd rather be called a weasel that wants swift justice than to be the villiage idiot who thinks that everyone can be changed.

From Post 80 on this thread. These are your own words.
purex said:
I don't know what's "right" or "wrong", and I don't really care.
How can you believe that you can even begin to understand justice?

PureX

Free-Agent Smith said:
I on the otherhand argue each individual case/incident I see.
Huh? You're the one who wants all murderers executed. How is this an argument for taking each case individually?
Free-Agent Smith said:
You seem to believe incarceration can rehabilitate any crime.
I have posted no such thing. If you're going to just flat out lie, then there isn't much point in my responding, is there?

First off, you can't "rehabilitate a crime". You can only possibly rehabilitate a criminal. And yes, I believe that to rehabilitate a killer is better for everyone than killing him.

We don't know who can be rehabilitated and who can't. We have to trust in reason. But then we have to do that all the time, anyway. We don't know that our next door neighbor isn't going to kill us tomorrow, yet we can accept that he should be free to live among us until we're shown otherwise by his actions. And it's no different for a murderer, except that he's been locked away from society and will stay that way. Stastically, the odds are very high that he will never kill again.
Free-Agent Smith said:
You can call me a weasel if you like but I'd rather be called a weasel that wants swift justice than to be the villiage idiot who thinks that everyone can be changed.
But I wasn't calling you weasel because of your position on the death penalty. I was calling you a weasel because of your behavior in this discussion.
Free-Agent Smith said:
From Post 80 on this thread. These are your own words:

"I don't know what's "right" or "wrong", and I don't really care."
Get over it, already.

I believe that what's "right" is what works. And capitol punishment doesn't work if the goal is to decrease violence and murder in our society. And that is the goal of reasonable people.
Free-Agent Smith said:
How can you believe that you can even begin to understand justice?
Justice is an ideal. It's an ideal that we would like to see realized, but in fact it doesn't exist in the real world. I think we should stop pretending that it does and start being more pragmatice about our laws and law enforcement.

Free-Agent Smith

PureX said:
Huh? You're the one who wants all murderers executed. How is this an argument for taking each case individually?
Yes, the death penalty for murderers.

I have posted no such thing. If you're going to just flat out lie, then there isn't much point in my responding, is there?
If prison doesn't offer rehab then why use it for murderers?

First off, you can't "rehabilitate a crime". You can only possibly rehabilitate a criminal. And yes, I believe that to rehabilitate a killer is better for everyone than killing him.
Why? How many murderers has this worked for so far?

Stastically, the odds are very high that he will never kill again.
I am not willing to play the odds with murderers.

I believe that what's "right" is what works. And capitol punishment doesn't work if the goal is to decrease violence and murder in our society. And that is the goal of reasonable people.
Justice is an ideal. It's an ideal that we would like to see realized, but in fact it doesn't exist in the real world. I think we should stop pretending that it does and start being more pragmatice about our laws and law enforcement.
Our multitude of prisons are filled with people that show that many of the people can't be released back into society. It seems that the death penalty which is rarely used isn't being given a chance to be more effective considering how little it is used.

PureX

Free-Agent Smith said:
If prison doesn't offer rehab then why use it for murderers?
To get them away from other people.

Prison can rehabilitate some people. Some people wouldn't kill again whether they went to prison or not, and some will kill again if they ever get the chance. There is no blanket solution because there are no blanket circumstances. We remove them from society when we are sure that they have killed, until we can be reasonably sure that they can be safely returned to society. If they can't be safely returned than they shouldn't be. And if they pose a constant, direct, and legitimate threat, even in prison, then they may have to be destroyed.
Free-Agent Smith said:
How many murderers has this worked for so far?
Most of the convicted murderers that have been released do not kill again. Most of those who stay in prison do not kill again. And those who are executed do not kill again. So the bottom line is that only a tiny fraction of convicted murderers kill again.
Free-Agent Smith said:
I am not willing to play the odds with murderers.
Too bad for you, then, because you have to "play the odds" every single day of your life, in almost every situation you find yourself in. And killing all convicted murderers isn't going to change that one tiny bit. Hardly any of the murderers you kill would have even killed again, and for every execution you hold, you help create a new murderer, sometimes more than one. So no one is safer for all your violence. In fact, your society will just get more and more violent because you are condoning it.
Free-Agent Smith said:
Our multitude of prisons are filled with people that show that many of the people can't be released back into society. It seems that the death penalty which is rarely used isn't being given a chance to be more effective considering how little it is used.
This issue has been studied to death! Capitol punishment doesn't deter murder no matter how often you use it. But you just insist on ignoring this over and over and over. People don't refrain from committing murder because of capitol punishment. That's just the way it is.

Free-Agent Smith

PureX said:
Most of the convicted murderers that have been released do not kill again. Most of those who stay in prison do not kill again. And those who are executed do not kill again. So the bottom line is that only a tiny fraction of convicted murderers kill again.
Most murderers? How will you tell which ones won't do it again from the ones that do murder again? Utill your method is 100%, it isn't any better or worse, than using the death penalty. What makes you think that putting people in prison, and making them endure the mental punishment of confinement and isolation is any less twisted than putting people to a swift death sentence? How many prisons will you support before you get tired of prisons being built to hold those who cannot be entered back into society? Are you trying to build a prison-like community all of it's own? Maybe you would support a new revamped version of Alcatraz?

Too bad for you, then, because you have to "play the odds" every single day of your life, in almost every situation you find yourself in.
If all of the convicted murderers were put to death, my chances, or anyone else's, would be far less in meeting one of them in the future. Which would make my odds of living safer, better.
Your way allows murderers to get parolled, escape or put on some work release program. It gives them the chance to commit murder again. And it seems you have no problem with that. My support of the death penalty takes away that chance.
[quoteThis issue has been studied to death! Capitol punishment doesn't deter murder no matter how often you use it. But you just insist on ignoring this over and over and over. People don't refrain from committing murder because of capitol punishment. That's just the way it is.[/QUOTE]
Murder happens everyday, I realise this. When you release a murderer, believeing he has been rendered safe to join the community again, you are putting more people in jepoardy. That's just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.