ECT MAN-CENTERED or GOD-CENTERED?

Cross Reference

Believers may not often realize it, but even as believers we are either centered in man, or centered in God. Which are you?

Do we seek a deeper richer philosophy about God/Jesus Christ or are our energies expended in a greater effort to know Him as Paul sought to per Phil 3:10 but with his revelation of, John 17:3 given him?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Said another way, you are either a slave to sin or a slave to righteousness.

Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

Romans 6

18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

I think CR hates Romans 5:18. Don't feel bad. Your fake enemies of Calvin hate it too. You are both defeated in one sentence.

Cross Reference

Said another way, you are either a slave to sin or a slave to righteousness.

Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

Romans 6

18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

I think CR hates Romans 5:18. Don't feel bad. Your fake enemies of Calvin hate it too. You are both defeated in one sentence.

Sin or just misguided? Like you maybe?

DAN P

Believers may not often realize it, but even as believers we are either centered in man, or centered in God. Which are you?

Do we seek a deeper richer philosophy about God/Jesus Christ or are our energies expended in a greater effort to know Him as Paul sought to per Phil 3:10 but with his revelation of, John 17:3 given him?

Hi and how do you connect Phil 3:10 with John 17:3 ??

dan p

revpete

What about this: Arminianism is man centred and Calvinism is God centred.

revpete

If you believe that, you aren't reading Calvin very well. TULIP explains him and his obsession with man's salvation. If you are of Calvin, you should know that without asking.

Did u actually understand what I said? Herman or Arminius believed in conditional election, Calvin in unconditional. Which is man centred and which is God centred? 😑

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

Did u actually understand what I said? Herman or Arminius believed in conditional election, Calvin in unconditional. Which is man centred and which is God centred? ��

Pete ��

I am not disputing you. Both men were man-centered. You just proved my OP is correct.

Cross Reference

Well.... I see what you mean but IMO Arminius more than Calvin ��
But, my point stands, doesn't it?

When do suppose the gospel might begin to be preached that the Christian should know that this IS what salvation is all about?:

"And this is life eternal, that they might KNOW YOU the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3ff (KJV)

[I'll accept any modern translation of that passage though they distinguish between "might know" and "may know". Either one places responsibility upon the believer.]

revpete

But, my point stands, doesn't it?

When do suppose the gospel might begin to be preached that the Christian should know that this IS what salvation is all about?:

"And this is life eternal, that they might KNOW YOU the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3ff (KJV)

[I'll accept any modern translation of that passage though they distinguish between "might know" and "may know". Either one places responsibility upon the believer.]

The responsibility of getting to know God maybe but actually coming to know God we have to look at what the Gk tells us:

Know, Known, Knowledge, Unknown

Verb — ginosko — ghin-oce'-ko )

signifies "to be taking in knowledge, to come to know, recognize, understand," or "to understand completely," e.g., love God, the same is known of Him;" Galatians 4:9 , "to be known of God;" here the "knowing" suggests approval and bears the meaning "to be approved;" so in 2 Timothy 2:19; cp. John 10:14,27; Genesis 18:19; Nahum 1:7; the relationship implied may involve remedial chastisement, Amos 3:2 . The same idea of appreciation as well as "knowledge" underlies several statements concerning the "knowledge" of God and His truth on the part of believers, e.g., John 8:32; 14:20,31; 17:3; Galatians 4:9 (1st part); 1 John 2:3,13,14; 4:6,8,16; 5:20; such "knowledge" is obtained, not by mere intellectual activity, but by operation of the Holy Spirit consequent upon acceptance of Christ.
So, what does that suggest to you?

Pete 👤