MAGA vs. MAGA!

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
There's trouble in paradise! Trump wants Kevin McCarthy to be the next speaker of the House, but some of the MAGAs are balking at that. Others are falling in line like good little Trumpers. A fight is now breaking out between Trump cultists and renegade MAGAs over this and other issues:

How will this play out? Do MAGAs on this forum support Trump's pick, McCarthy, to be speaker, or are you against it??

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
How will this play out? Do MAGAs on this forum support Trump's pick, McCarthy, to be speaker, or are you against it??
I can only assume that the Democrats on The Hill and Donald Trump both know what's really going on with McCarthy way more than I do.

Therefore, since all I can see is Trump supporting him and the Dems trashing McCarthy, I'm going to just shrug my shoulders and go ahead and root for McCarthy. I feel like a fish out of water supporting such an historical RINO but it is what it is.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Far-right Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) has accused Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) of having “crossed a rubicon” after she slammed Republicans who intend to vote against a Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) speakership. Responding to Greene's accusation that he—along with others, including Florida Republican Matt Gaetz, are actively misleading the Republican base by voting against McCarthy—Biggs said: “She’s kind of crossed the Rubicon there. She’s calling us liars and saying we’re misleading.” In an op-ed for The Daily Caller last week, Greene wrote that “lying to the base is a red line” and “that’s what five of my closest colleagues are doing when they claim a consensus House Speaker candidate will emerge as they oppose Kevin McCarthy.” The Daily Beast previously reported that members of the far-right have now begun turning on Greene over her vocal support for McCarthy. “Marjorie is NOT America First, but regrettably a faker and a liar who raised millions claiming she would impeach Biden, and now backs a man for Speaker who refuses to impeach Biden,” far-right radio host Stew Peters told The Daily Beast.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Right-wing attorney Lin Wood and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell -- who have been feuding with one another -- are speaking out against the Fox News host's admission that he doesn't believe the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump, and Steve Bannon, right-wing radio host Stew Peters and reportedly even the former president himself have soured on Hannity, reported The Daily Beast.

“Sean Hannity is disgusting,” Lindell told the website. “He’s a terrible journalist that does not do his job or his diligence [on] election crime. He doesn’t seem to have any concern over any election problems in the country, and it’s disgusting."

Wood, who said he'd known Hannity since 1996 and considered him a friend, showed The Daily Beast screenshots from a text conversation they'd had where Hannity agreed the election had been stolen, but the Fox News star admitted in a deposition from the Dominion Voting Systems defamation lawsuit that he never believed that “for one second.”

Bannon and right-wing influencer Jack Posobiec have taken shots at Hannity in the past week, comparing him to CNN host Don Lemon and complaining about his "terrible advice to Trump," while Peters called him a "clown" and Trump superfan Bill Mitchell said his deposition should end his career.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I can only assume that the Democrats on The Hill and Donald Trump both know what's really going on with McCarthy way more than I do.

Therefore, since all I can see is Trump supporting him and the Dems trashing McCarthy, I'm going to just shrug my shoulders and go ahead and root for McCarthy. I feel like a fish out of water supporting such an historical RINO but it is what it is.

New gossip is that Steve Scalise is being floated as the replacement Speaker as McCarthy doesn’t have the votes. I hate to break it to everyone, but Scalise and McCarthy are basically the same person:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

Matt Gaetz votes for Trump on seventh speaker ballot

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), one of Kevin McCarthy's (R-CA) fiercest opponents, voted for former President Donald Trump over the California Republican as members cast their seventh ballot in the election for House speaker.

Gaetz has voted with a group of 20 holdouts threatening McCarthy's speaker bid, and his Thursday vote marks the first time there has been a break in their ranks since the first day of ballots.

Gaetz has repeatedly floated the idea of Trump becoming speaker, pledging to nominate him since 2021.
Matt Gaetz

marke

There's trouble in paradise! Trump wants Kevin McCarthy to be the next speaker of the House, but some of the MAGAs are balking at that. Others are falling in line like good little Trumpers. A fight is now breaking out between Trump cultists and renegade MAGAs over this and other issues:

America has been departing from God for many years and now it is hard to find a political leader wise enough to point out the fact that if we do not turn back to God as a nation, we will end up being destroyed as a nation.

Psalm 9:17
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Gaetz has repeatedly floated the idea of Trump becoming speaker, pledging to nominate him since 2021.
Trump will never accept the Speakership because it is a real job that requires long hours of work day after day when Congress is in session. No golf, no deal!

Also, Trump will never get the votes needed to win the Speakership. Too many RINOs in Congress. Also, too many Democrats. As it is, the House Minority Leader, Hakeem Jeffries, has been getting more votes to be the next Speaker than any Republican.

marke

Trump will never accept the Speakership because it is a real job that requires long hours of work day after day when Congress is in session. No golf, no deal!

Also, Trump will never get the votes needed to win the Speakership. Too many RINOs in Congress. Also, too many Democrats. As it is, the House Minority Leader, Hakeem Jeffries, has been getting more votes to be the next Speaker than any Republican.
The corrupt democrats stand united behind their bad candidate. That is not an evil reflection on God or good Christians.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The corrupt democrats stand united behind their bad candidate. That is not an evil reflection on God or good Christians.

The corrupt RINOs stand united behind their bad candidate, McCarthy. That is an evil reflection on Republicans.