ECT MAD Is Not Alone!

Jerry Shugart

Many fail to realize that MAD is not alone in their teaching that Paul was the first person to preach the gospel of grace. In a Bible tract entitled Paul's Gospel Acts 2 dispensationalist William R. Newell wrote:

"The twelve Apostles (Matthias by Divine appointment taking the place of Judas) were to be the 'witnesses' (Acts 1:22) of Christ's resurrection--that is, of the fact of it. They were not to unfold fully the doctrine of it, as Paul was...But unto none of these twelve Apostles did God reveal 'the great body of doctrine for this age'...The great doctrines that Paul reveals may be outlined as follows...The fact and the Scripturalness of righteousness on the free gift principle--that is, of Divine righteousness, separate from all man's doings, conferred upon man as a free gift from God" (Newell, Paul's Gospel).​

After reading this Bible tract Lewis Sperry Chafer, the founding President of Dallas Theological Seminary, said:

"This is a great tract, a clear treatise on the truth of God for this age. The author was one of America's greatest Bible expositors. It glorifies the Savior as the author desired it to do. It should be distributed by hundreds of thousands" (Editor, Journal of the Grace Evangelical Society, Autumn 1994, Volume 7:12).​

Today Dallas Theological Seminary is considered the leading Acts 2 dispensational seminary in the world, and the founding President of that seminary recognized the fact that the "gospel of grace" was not preached by anyone before Paul.

The second President of Dallas Theological Seminary, John F. Walvoord, wrote that "The gospel of Grace was given to Paul as a 'new' revelation" (Walvoord, "The Preincarnate Son of God", Bibliotheca Sacra, Oct.-Dec. 1947, Vol. 104, # 416, p.422).

Danoh

Most secular Scholars and Archeologists and such who invest their whole lives looking into Middle Eastern ruins; history; and all the rest, conclude that Peter and Paul did not preach the same gospel.

And these are people who not only do not have some Theological ax to grind; but are acknowledged the world over by their peers as people who are both highly trained and highly experienced at discerning differences and similarities between things, as their passion for their work; and their livelihoods, depend on it.

Same old, same old, bro.

When it comes to laying out the truth of Mid-Acts to most within Churchianity; we're basically dealing with an ever endless supply of ("well, what this means to me" and or "well, according to Dr. So and") incompetents at their supposed understanding of how to study the Scriptures.

dodge

Most secular Scholars and Archeologists and such who invest their whole lives looking into Middle Eastern ruins; history; and all the rest, conclude that Peter and Paul did not preach the same gospel.

And these are people who not only do not have some Theological ax to grind; but are acknowledged the world over by their peers as people who are both highly trained and highly experienced at discerning differences and similarities between things, as their passion for their work; and their livelihoods, depend on it.

Same old, same old, bro.

When it comes to laying out the truth of Mid-Acts to most within Churchianity; we're basically dealing with an ever endless supply of ("well, what this means to me" and or "well, according to Dr. So and") incompetents at their supposed understanding of how to study the Scriptures.

Danoh, the proof is in scripture "IF" you can see it.

Avoid all the other stuff and go to the scripture from Peter and let me know if you can see it !

Jesus was, is, and will always be the first to live, teach, be the sacrifice for , center of, and only one worthy to trust and follow for salvation.

You have been deceived into "another gospel" as Paul taught.

Based on MAD all of the other Apostles are accursed for preaching "another gospel" !

I follow Jesus as Paul taught ! How exactly are you following Jesus if you have been taught Jesus was for Israel and Paul for the gentiles ?

If Jesus' universal teachings, and there are many , are not for you I would believe you have no part in Christ Jesus! It is stated several times that Jesus was sent to Israel which He was to fulfill God's plan;however, Israel was set aside and the gospel was opened to "all" that would place their faith in Him. So now do those in Christ IGNORE His teachings as MAD teaches and believes or do those seeking to do as even Paul teaches follow Jesus or ignore Him and follow Paul ? Double speak much ?

Even the other Apostles are caught up in the lies of MAD. Claiming only Paul taught the gospel of grace and no other Apostle taught the " mystery" is a provable lie from scripture !

“3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” (1 Peter 1 KJ)

In what Peter said in the following verses you have :

1. The D.B.R.
2. Salvation
3. Salvation by faith in Jesus.

MAD is a lie !

john w

Hall of Fame

Avoid all the other stuff and go to the scripture from Peter and let me know if you can see it !

Jesus was, is, and will always be the first to live, teach, be the sacrifice for , center of, and only one worthy to trust and follow for salvation.

Based on MAD all of the other Apostles are accursed for preaching "another gospel" !

I follow Jesus as Paul taught ! How exactly are you following Jesus if you have been taught Jesus was for Israel and Paul for the gentiles ?

If Jesus' universal teachings, and there are many , are not for you I would believe you have no part in Christ Jesus! It is stated several times that Jesus was sent to Israel which He was to fulfill God's plan;however, Israel was set aside and the gospel was opened to "all" that would place their faith in Him. So now do those in Christ IGNORE His teachings as MAD teaches and believes or do those seeking to do as even Paul teaches follow Jesus or ignore Him and follow Paul ? Double speak much ?

Even the other Apostles are caught up in the lies of MAD. Claiming only Paul taught the gospel of grace and no other Apostle taught the " mystery" is a provable lie from scripture !

“3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” (1 Peter 1 KJ)

1. The D.B.R.
2. Salvation

MAD is a lie !

1. The D.B.R.
2. Salvation

MAD is a lie !

Can one be saved, if they deny the resurrection? Is the death of the Lord Jesus Christ not the basis of our reconciliation? Peter, twice, attempted to prevent that death. Why would he do that, given that it was/is the basis of him being reconciled? 3 years with the Master, so stuff any humanistic excuses/spin, as to why He did. Explain. Unpack it for us.

When was Peter saved?

Tick....tick....

Show us Peter preaching the D.B.R., in Matthew-John, prior to the historic fulfillment of the D. B. R.

Show us; show us your biblical skill. Should be a piece of cake, you being the standard bearer for "real Christianity," in contrast to the "lies of MAD."

We will wait....for an eternity.

Watch the dodgeball, evasion, crying, complaining on how mean I am, and.....

View attachment 25655

....without addressing the challenge to his "argument." Watch

Danoh

Nope; you just don't pay close enough attention to what you read, dodge.

I just now told you I was arriving at my conclusions through the Scripture for some time before I ever even heard of Dispensationalism.

We're not on the same page.

I study things for what principles they reveal they are based on.

You clearly do not.

I doubt you can even lay out what principles of study you go by.

All things in life follow many principles or rules of thumb.

Further, you yourself post the writings of one person or another on the internet, here and there.

You have three fingers pointing right back at you.

:think:

DAN P

Same old, same old, bro.

Hi and as I said many times over and over , DISPENSATIONAL TEACHING are over the place and many of those who know more Greek than I will ever learn are Clueless as to what the MYSTERY is and do not care as they are trying explain what all these Greek words mean !!

They do not even know what the PATTERN of salvation is !!

Nor know the solution of the 12 IN and the 12 OUT explanation !!

And one of the hard one is WHO IS " IN CHRIST "

And how to defend dispensationalism !

And explain the differences between Israel and the B O C !!

Is the TIP of the ICEBERG !!

dan p

dodge

Nope; you just don't pay close enough attention to what you read, dodge.

I just now told you I was arriving at my conclusions through the Scripture for some time before I ever even heard of Dispensationalism.

We're not on the same page.

I study things for what principles they reveal they are based on.

You clearly do not.

I doubt you can even lay out what principles of study you go by.

All things in life follow many principles or rules of thumb.

Further, you yourself post the writings of one person or another on the internet, here and there.

You have three fingers pointing right back at you.

:think:

Based on your study methods that makes Peter a liar in your conclusion , or is it just easier for you to just ignore what Peter actually preached ?

1. The D.B.R.
2. Salvation

Peter preached the D.B.R. , salvation by faith in Jesus, and an incorruptible inheritance etc, and what is sad is you ignore the truth to follow a lie.

Praying for you the truth of God prevail as opposed to the lies of men.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

1. The D.B.R.
2. Salvation

MAD is a lie !

Well said, amen.

thank you for your excellent post.

You are greatly blessed.

hitomi

john w

Hall of Fame
Well said, amen.

thank you for your excellent post.

You are greatly blessed.

hitomi

Agreeing with dodgeball...

Luke 23:12 KJV And the same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together: for before they were at enmity between themselves.

Different cages....same dirty birds....

Good day to you, sir Herod.

Jerry Shugart

Based on your study methods that makes Peter a liar in your conclusion , or is it just easier for you to just ignore what Peter actually preached ?

MAD has always said that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period. We have an uninterrupted sermon preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost beginning at Acts 2:14 and ending at Acts 2:36. In that sermon there is not a word about God's "grace" and there is not a word about the purpose of the Lord Jesus' death on the Cross. Peter used facts of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus to prove the deity of Jesus and the fact that he is the promised Messiah. Peter ended his sermon with the following words:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ" (Acts 2:36).​

Dr. Stanley D. Toussaint, Senior Professor Emeritus of Bible Exposition at Dallas Theological Seminary (Acts 2), writes the following commentary on Acts 2:36:

"Here is the conclusion to Peter's sermon. The noun 'Lord', referring to 'Christ', probably is a reference to Yahweh. The same word 'kyrios' is used of 'God' in verses 21, 34, and 39 (cf. Phil. 2:9). This is a strong affirmation of Christ's deity" (The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament, ed. Walvoord & Zuck, [ChariotVictor Publishing, 1983], 359).​

The Jews who believed that Jesus is Christ, God come in the flesh, were "born of God". Dr. Zane Hodges, past Chairman of of the New Testament Department at Dallas Theological Seminary, writes the following in regard to Peter's words:

"Peter concludes his address with the assertion that 'God has made this Jesus, whom you have crucified, both Lord and Christ' (2:36). His hearers then reply, 'Men and brethren, what shall we do?' (2:37). But such a reaction presumes their acceptance of Peter's claim that they have crucified the one who is Lord and Christ. If this is what they now believe, then they were already regenerated on Johannine terms, since John wrote: 'Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God' (1 John 5:1; cf. John 20:31)" [emphasis added] (Hodges, The Gospel Under Siege, 101).​

Here are the verses to which Hodges makes reference: "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1,5).

On the day of Pentecost those who believed the "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, were "born of God" and saved:

"Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name"
(Jn.20:30-31).​

For some reason you are blind to the truth that before Paul was converted that the Jews were being saved by the "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Interplanner

Many fail to realize that MAD is not alone in their teaching that Paul was the first person to preach the gospel of grace. In a Bible tract entitled Paul's Gospel Acts 2 dispensationalist William R. Newell wrote:

"The twelve Apostles (Matthias by Divine appointment taking the place of Judas) were to be the 'witnesses' (Acts 1:22) of Christ's resurrection--that is, of the fact of it. They were not to unfold fully the doctrine of it, as Paul was...But unto none of these twelve Apostles did God reveal 'the great body of doctrine for this age'...The great doctrines that Paul reveals may be outlined as follows...The fact and the Scripturalness of righteousness on the free gift principle--that is, of Divine righteousness, separate from all man's doings, conferred upon man as a free gift from God" (Newell, Paul's Gospel).​

After reading this Bible tract Lewis Sperry Chafer, the founding President of Dallas Theological Seminary, said:

"This is a great tract, a clear treatise on the truth of God for this age. The author was one of America's greatest Bible expositors. It glorifies the Savior as the author desired it to do. It should be distributed by hundreds of thousands" (Editor, Journal of the Grace Evangelical Society, Autumn 1994, Volume 7:12).​

Today Dallas Theological Seminary is considered the leading Acts 2 dispensational seminary in the world, and the founding President of that seminary recognized the fact that the "gospel of grace" was not preached by anyone before Paul.

The second President of Dallas Theological Seminary, John F. Walvoord, wrote that "The gospel of Grace was given to Paul as a 'new' revelation" (Walvoord, "The Preincarnate Son of God", Bibliotheca Sacra, Oct.-Dec. 1947, Vol. 104, # 416, p.422).

Those are ridiculous statements. Grace goes back to Noah, but grace that was so up to date that PAUL QUOTED IT IN ROMANS is in Ps 32--if for some reason you can't see it in Noah. Noah wasn't perfect, but to find grace means you have to know why it is is needed (you are sinful)--which was not the mindset of his contemporaries.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
MAD has always said that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period. We have an uninterrupted sermon preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost beginning at Acts 2:14 and ending at Acts 2:36. In that sermon there is not a word about God's "grace"

So silly.

Gods grace was in providing salvation to those who had foolishly rejected Christ and went along with His crucifixion, but who repented.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

Interplanner

You'd have to have gone to a seminary to think as impractically and as impossibly as Jerry. It's total brainwash. No sense at all.

The best examples are right above.

Jerry Shugart

You'd have to have gone to a seminary to think as impractically and as impossibly as Jerry. It's total brainwash. No sense at all.

This from someone who is so delusional that he continues to insist the twelve were preaching a gospel at Luke 9:6 which spoke of the Lord Jesus dying for our sins despite the fact that at that time they didn't even know that He was going to die!

At least he is good for a laugh or two every now and then.

Jerry Shugart

So silly.

Gods grace was in providing salvation to those who had foolishly rejected Christ and went along with His crucifixion, but who repented.

You are totally confused because you think that the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

You and interplanner should join hands and take a little vacation together on Fantasy Island!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are totally confused because you think that the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

You and interplanner should join hands and take a little vacation together on Fantasy Island!

When the 3000 were confronted with the truth that they had crucified the Son of God, and through the conviction of the Holy Spirit, they believed and repented and cried out WHAT SHALL WE DO.

Obviously they knew then that they were condemned men and humbled themselves, so God in His Grace showed them the way of salvation through Peter speaking--

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Any who may not have repented became Madists and the like, and continued to persecute Christ in His saints, to this very day.

LA

Jerry Shugart

When the 3000 were confronted with the truth that they had crucified the Son of God, and through the conviction of the Holy Spirit, they believed and repented and cried out WHAT SHALL WE DO.

You fail to notice what Peter preached before the believers asked, "What shall we do?"

He used facts of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus to prove the deity of Jesus and the fact that he is the promised Messiah. Peter ended his sermon with the following words:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ" (Acts 2:36).​

Dr. Stanley D. Toussaint, Senior Professor Emeritus of Bible Exposition at Dallas Theological Seminary (Acts 2), writes the following commentary on Acts 2:36:

"Here is the conclusion to Peter's sermon. The noun 'Lord', referring to 'Christ', probably is a reference to Yahweh. The same word 'kyrios' is used of 'God' in verses 21, 34, and 39 (cf. Phil. 2:9). This is a strong affirmation of Christ's deity"
(The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament, ed. Walvoord & Zuck, [ChariotVictor Publishing, 1983], 359).​

The Jews who believed that Jesus is Christ, God come in the flesh, were "born of God". Dr. Zane Hodges, past Chairman of of the New Testament Department at Dallas Theological Seminary, writes the following in regard to Peter's words:

"Peter concludes his address with the assertion that 'God has made this Jesus, whom you have crucified, both Lord and Christ' (2:36). His hearers then reply, 'Men and brethren, what shall we do?' (2:37). But such a reaction presumes their acceptance of Peter's claim that they have crucified the one who is Lord and Christ. If this is what they now believe, then they were already regenerated on Johannine terms, since John wrote: 'Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God' (1 John 5:1; cf. John 20:31)"
[emphasis added] (Hodges, The Gospel Under Siege, 101).​

Here are the verses to which Hodges makes reference: "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1,5).

On the day of Pentecost those who believed the "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, were "born of God" and saved. Even today those who believe that truth receive "life" through His name:

"Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" (Jn.20:30-31).​

This is the "good news" of Christ which was first preached to Jews and by which they were saved and it is not the same "good news" of Christ which he preached to the Gentiles:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures"
(1 Cor.15:1-4).​

If you cannot tell the difference between these two gospels then your spiritual IQ is ZERO!

Interplanner

You fail to notice what Peter preached before the believers asked, "What shall we do?"

He used facts of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus to prove the deity of Jesus and the fact that he is the promised Messiah. Peter ended his sermon with the following words:

"Here is the conclusion to Peter's sermon. The noun 'Lord', referring to 'Christ', probably is a reference to Yahweh. The same word 'kyrios' is used of 'God' in verses 21, 34, and 39 (cf. Phil. 2:9). This is a strong affirmation of Christ's deity"
(The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament, ed. Walvoord & Zuck, [ChariotVictor Publishing, 1983], 359).​

"Peter concludes his address with the assertion that 'God has made this Jesus, whom you have crucified, both Lord and Christ' (2:36). His hearers then reply, 'Men and brethren, what shall we do?' (2:37). But such a reaction presumes their acceptance of Peter's claim that they have crucified the one who is Lord and Christ. If this is what they now believe, then they were already regenerated on Johannine terms, since John wrote: 'Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God' (1 John 5:1; cf. John 20:31)"
[emphasis added] (Hodges, The Gospel Under Siege, 101).​

On the day of Pentecost those who believed the "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, were "born of God" and saved. Even today those who believe that truth receive "life" through His name:

"Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" (Jn.20:30-31).​

This is the "good news" of Christ which was first preached to Jews and by which they were saved and it is not the same "good news" of Christ which he preached to the Gentiles:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures"
(1 Cor.15:1-4).​

If you cannot tell the difference between these two gospels then your spiritual IQ is ZERO!

Yours is Jerry. You shouldn't spend any time in John and try to prove your pet theory; it is worthless there.

You still have not dealt with the sign of Jonah, which you will see bridges and ties together the section of the synoptics that you think is void of the death for sins. It's there in Mt 12 to show it was well understood, until the guys started suppressing it because of their zealot roots which you fail to recognize, and which D'ists generally think of as dirty.