ECT MAD error #433: That Israel was offered a restored state

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
He is spiritual Israel. This is basic Christianity 101.

Jacob is the Grandson of Abraham. Jacob is Israel. Abraham was a Chaldean Gentile. The twelve Sons of Jacob are the twelve tribes of Israel. So, Abraham isn't Israel, he's the forefather of Israel.

Each member of the Body of Christ is indwelled by the Holy Spirit. Pentecostals like to be thought of as "Spiritual Isreal." It's best to just be a member of the Body of Christ and be content.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
here it is:

Luke 19:5-9New International Version (NIV)

5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.

7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”

8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”

9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.

Interplanner

If the kingdom will never be restored to Israel then why would the Lord Jesus tell them that they were not to know the time when it would happen?

Prob because they were looking for the old type, as recently as the argument about who got right and left thrones. They had to still be broken of that conception. Paul was, at least by the time of writing Col 1 about the kingdom of the Son.

Interplanner

[/B]
Israel will always be God's firstborn through the bloodline of Abraham. Gentiles are the seed of Abraham and we enter in by faith.

Could you expand on your post above?

Oh, you had more you were saying. Well, the problem with the italicised is that you are trying to say there are two programs. There are not. When I read 'Gentiles are...' I did not know you had already qualified that as believers.

There are not two programs, ways, routes, peoples. There will always be a biological bloodline, although it is getting messy, but it doesn't mean anything. But both jews and Gentiles who believe are the Seed of Abraham because of being in Christ; ie, it is not a description of them directly--it is true because they are in Christ. Christ is the Seed, but people are or are not 'in him.'

Jerry Shugart

Prob because they were looking for the old type, as recently as the argument about who got right and left thrones. They had to still be broken of that conception. Paul was, at least by the time of writing Col 1 about the kingdom of the Son.

If the Apostles were wrong for thinking that the kingdom would be restored toIsrael then why did He not tell them that their idea was in error?

Your ideas make no sense.

Interplanner

If the Apostles were wrong for thinking that the kingdom would be restored toIsrael then why did He not tell them that their idea was in error?

Your ideas make no sense.

The King arrived on a colt, the most vulnerable piece of military equipment out there. What else is there to say?

I assume you mean a theocracy with brick and stone real estate.

In a similar way, there is no mention of a kingdom when it could have saved Paul's neck is there? Why?

Of course, the kingdom made without human hands did come and is to be proclaimed now. Everyone on earth is to 'kiss the Son, lest he be angry with you.'

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Oh, you had more you were saying. Well, the problem with the italicised is that you are trying to say there are two programs. There are not. When I read 'Gentiles are...' I did not know you had already qualified that as believers.

There are not two programs, ways, routes, peoples. There will always be a biological bloodline, although it is getting messy, but it doesn't mean anything. But both jews and Gentiles who believe are the Seed of Abraham because of being in Christ; ie, it is not a description of them directly--it is true because they are in Christ. Christ is the Seed, but people are or are not 'in him.'

I don't wish to continue this conversation because it's not clear what you're trying to articulate. I've heard before that you're difficult to follow.

Right Divider

Body part
Show me Paul in a tight spot with his enemies in Judaism saying 'hold on guys, there will be a kingdom back in Judea, just wait'. It is never a thought, never an option, with his life at risk.
I don't need to show you imaginary things to satisfy your imagination. :nono:

Those Jews that opposed Paul will NOT be in the kingdom. They are UNBELIEVERS, just like the ones that Jesus said the same to during His earthly ministry.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Faithful believers of any race are the seed of Israel--

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Abraham is not Israel.

The seed of Abraham who have faith in Christ are Israel.

Christ is the seed promised to Abraham and we who are in Christ are counted as the seed.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

The seed of Abraham according to his flesh were given circumcision of the flesh, but the seed in Christ are given circumcision of the spirit/heart.

Christs death ended the covenant God made with the flesh of Abraham.

Do not think God will reintroduce it, because then you are denying the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.

LA