Lt. Calley's betrayal of his country

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In the first century Judea, the Jews were persecuted by the Romans, did Jesus take up arms to fight?

There was no reason for him to so.

Judea was a conquered nation. When you're beat, you're beat.

Jesus' teachings were to a conquered people for whom it was too late to resist.

Do you believe the U.S. is in the same position as the Judeans?

marhig

There was no reason for him to so.

Judea was a conquered nation. When you're beat, you're beat.

Jesus' teachings were to a conquered people for whom it was too late to resist.

Do you believe the U.S. is in the same position as the Judeans?
I believe that there will be wars and fighting everywhere. But that doesn't mean that God's people are to take up arms and fight in them. We are to fight the good fight not join in carnal warfare!

We will have to agree to disagree!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe that there will be wars and fighting everywhere. But that doesn't mean that God's people are to take up arms and fight in them. We are to fight the good fight not join in carnal warfare!

Without warfare there would be no USA and no Israel. But I understand your premise about letting someone else do the heavy lifting. We should simply enjoy the fruit of their labor, but we should not lift a finger to help them, right?

marhig

Without warfare there would be no USA and no Israel. But I understand your premise about letting someone else do the heavy lifting. We should simply enjoy the fruit of their labor, but we should not lift a finger to help them, right?
Jamie, I know in my heart it is wrong to take up arms, I couldn't kill another human being. I would have to help and heal and not kill. Jesus never took up arms, and we are to follow him!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jamie, I know in my heart it is wrong to take up arms, I couldn't kill another human being. I would have to help and heal and not kill. Jesus never took up arms, and we are to follow him!

Contrary to what you may have heard not everyone in the military is a Navy SEAL.