ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Look at the entire passage.

1. What is the spirit of the new testament?
2. How did Paul minister the spirit of the new testament?

Just pay attention to what you are reading.

Asking those questions is not reading the scriptures. No spirit of the new testament is mentioned.

SaulToPaul 2

:sigh:

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Punctuation is important. "of the letter" refers back to the new testament.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Same context, referring to the spirit of the new testament.

So, what is the spirit of the new testament?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

How did Paul minister this righteousness?

Romans 3
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
:sigh:

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Punctuation is important. "of the letter" refers back to the new testament.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Same context, referring to the spirit of the new testament.

So, what is the spirit of the new testament?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

How did Paul minister this righteousness?

Romans 3
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

I don't see any "letter of the new testament" mentioned.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Andy attempting to feed Barney with meat - Barney doesn't even have the milk down yet, lol

I don't know what you are talking about. If you are talking about me I don't know why. My name is Jacob. It is not Andy and it is not Barney. SaulToPaul communicated what he meant, I didn't agree from the verse, and in reading his explanation again it does not make sense to me. I see what I was thinking, but I don't see what he was thinking. Further, the point we started with that I disagreed with is that there is a spirit of the new testament. None is mentioned. The spirit mentioned is the Spirit of God, in contrast with the letter of the old covenant law. If I am wrong it is on each these their premise.

You mentioned meat, but you have not yet acknowledged the new covenant.

Derf

I don't know what you are talking about. If you are talking about me I don't know why. My name is Jacob. It is not Andy and it is not Barney.

It was an allusion to the Andy Griffith show, where Andy, a hick sheriff, has to spoon-feed the law-and order business to Barney, his hick, and idiot, deputy.

Mainly it was an insult. Which seems to be where a lot of people here tend to seek solace when they can't use their native tongue to convey their actual thoughts.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It was an allusion to the Andy Griffith show, where Andy, a hick sheriff, has to spoon-feed the law-and order business to Barney, his hick, and idiot, deputy.

Mainly it was an insult. Which seems to be where a lot of people here tend to seek solace when they can't use their native tongue to convey their actual thoughts.

If it was an insult in regard to me it was talking to someone else while insulting me, which is not productive.

But thank you for your explanation. If it was an insult to me I can, will, and already have forgiven. My forgiveness is promised.

Derf

If it was an insult in regard to me it was talking to someone else while insulting me, which is not productive.

But thank you for your explanation. If it was an insult to me I can, will, and already have forgiven. My forgiveness is promised.

You're a better man/Christian than I am, Jacob. Thanks for being a good example.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're a better man/Christian than I am, Jacob. Thanks for being a good example.

Thank you for helping me to see what I was unable to verbalize. In this I see a need to forgive, whether forgiveness is requested or not. So, I forgive. It seems appropriate unless I am mistaken. Thank you for stepping in to help me.

SaulToPaul 2

Barn was sharper than he was given credit for, just a little high spirited.
His mother was the same way.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I want you to know that my frustration with explaining this to you does not mean that I think you're an idiot.

:e4e:

Well, thank you SaulToPaul. I learned (about your position or view) by looking back and looking at or reading the whole of your post. I don't know what you are up against, but I hope you believe the new covenant came in Jesus Christ.

Danoh

Nonsense. Andy only appears a hick Sherrif. He often outwits big city folk.

While Barney is just not on Andy's level.

As a result, he never seems to learn from repeated after repeated lesson.

No one in life is ever a complete idiot in all things. I've yet to meet one.

As for Jacob, it is crystal clear he is slower than slow on what is being talked about to him.

For all one knows, he might be a brilliant mechanic.

Now, should he now respond that he is not a mechanic, well...

john w

Hall of Fame
"Originally Posted by Derf View Post

Mainly it was an insult. Which seems to be where a lot of people here tend to seek solace when they can't use their native tongue to convey their actual thoughts."

Insult? You and him shorley take yourselves way too too seriously, I reckon. I might have to give both of you young-ens, "The Big Freeze."

john w

Hall of Fame
Barn was sharper than he was given credit for, just a little high spirited.
His mother was the same way.

If there is one think I cannot stand, it's falsifying about insults, Mayor. It must be a compelsion complex of theirs, not having a sense of humor, and all...