Liberals, git out of town!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Some bama folks say liberals should get out of town. They make trouble, are too self-conscious, insist on using language, which would be best dying out, or never used. They attach ‘ism’ onto too many words, ‘phobic’ too! No one needs them; all they do is stir up trouble for everyone.

One example, the notion of ‘race’; we know we are all the same race, despite old thinking, which assumed there were different races of people, so, we have liberals always saying ‘racist’ rather than letting the word fade away. They cannot deal with people moving on, which was what they thought was their original intention, to change values, yet they have fallen behind and now are the reactionaries.

I have had the opportunity to see young people move past that generation who so much laid claim the radical 1960s, then when I see new movies playing these old time songs, it gives me pause; they are as stuck in time as their parents were.

No one has need for liberalism anymore, and truth be told, no one really cares anymore about what we once called conservatism. What we have now is something new.

All that remains constant is what we believe about God, and that is the biggest divide, the one that is eternal.

rexlunae

Some bama folks say liberals should get out of town. They make trouble, are too self-conscious, insist on using language, which would be best dying out, or never used. They attach ‘ism’ onto too many words, ‘phobic’ too! No one needs them; all they do is stir up trouble for everyone.

Are there any liberals left in Alabama?

One example, the notion of ‘race’; we know we are all the same race, despite old thinking, which assumed there were different races of people, so, we have liberals always saying ‘racist’ rather than letting the word fade away. They cannot deal with people moving on, which was what they thought was their original intention, to change values, yet they have fallen behind and now are the reactionaries.

The strange thing is that we can have racism without genuine race. And it is still a problem, despite the efforts of some to hide it or pretend it doesn't exist.

No one has need for liberalism anymore, and truth be told, no one really cares anymore about what we once called conservatism. What we have now is something new.

Who needs civil rights, education, a free press, and free speech? Or free religion, for that matter. It's all outdated.

All that remains constant is what we believe about God, and that is the biggest divide, the one that is eternal.

Can't help you there, beyond suggesting that there is no such thing.

republicanchick

No one has need for liberalism anymore, and truth be told, no one really cares anymore about what we once called conservatism. .

probably b/c conservatives are too sheepish about their conservatism.

the lib bashes them and they just... allow that to happen, more /less..

libs in Congress suggest some dumb law and many so called Rs actually validate it by considering it.. even though it is DUMB and liberal and has bad consequences and is against we the people...

Boehner... I don't know but he may have 2 personalities... One of them rightly acts like Pres O is lawless, and etc... but the other one... votes for that 1 trillion spending bill (which had some conservative policies therein but also some lib ones)

geez

+​

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

I have had the opportunity to see young people move past that generation who so much laid claim the radical 1960s, then when I see new movies playing these old time songs, it gives me pause; they are as stuck in time as their parents were.

We need a liberal sensibility when we love someone else or empathize with others quite different from ourselves.

Both liberalism and conservatism are necessary for human development. Both qualities are in our DNA and can be seen expressing themselves in different forms throughout history.

Conservative thought and action is needed when we need to draw lines between things that obviously need to be separated. Liberal thought and action are those qualities that allow us to tear down barriers that should have never have been erected in the first place.

All of us have a simplistic urge to make reality simpler to understand and deal with. But there is no "right" or "wrong" in either political side.
Absolute truth cannot be found in one or the other.

Truth is that which highlights the conflict between opposing ideologies.
Truth is actually in the relationship between them, not in one or the other.

Last edited: