Leviticus 19: Be Ye Holy for I AM HOLY

BenAvraham

LEVITICUS Chapter 19

This chapter starts with the words; “Ye shall be Holy for I am Holy”. When we look at the original Hebrew we read; “Amarta Aleichem Kadoshim ti’hiyu Ki Kadosh Ani” But there is something different in the two words; “Kadoshim” (ones who are holy) and Kadosh (Holy ONE). The word “Be ye Holy” in the original Hebrew has 5 letters, and the word “Kadosh” has 4 letters. The biggest difference is that the “o” in “Kadoshim” is not present, but it IS present in “Kadosh”. If we write these words in English, they would be “Kadshim” and “Kadosh” Why? There is a missing letter “Vav”

The “vav” is pronounced as either “v” “o” or “u”. It symbolizes the “nail”. Perfect Holiness without sin is only Adonai! He alone has the “vav” He took the “nail” for our sins. Our Holiness is lacking, we are not perfect as we have a sinful nature, therefore, our Holiness can not carry the “Vav”

Chapter 19 deals with quite a variety of commandments; “You shall not profane the name of the LORD thy YHVH; You shall love thy neighbor as thyself, I AM YHVH”. All of the 613 commandments of HaShem have to do with honoring YHVH and our relationship with our fellow man. When we honor and love the LORD with all of our heart, we are honoring and not profaning the Name YHVH, and when we honor and treat our fellow man well and try to establish a good relationship with him or her, we are, in a matter of sense, keeping the whole Torah, (in a general sense). When we are a bad witness before our fellow man, when we are an embarrassment because our sins are brought into the light, then, we are profaning the name of YHVH.

” you shall not curse the deaf nor put a stumbling block before the blind” (19:14) When one talks about another in a negative sense or spreads an “untruth” the “other” cannot hear what is being said, it is as if that person is “deaf”. When we misrepresent the Truth of God, teach or spread false teaching whether on purpose or by error, we are in a way a “stumbling block” before someone that does not know Yeshua “The blind” (spiritually).

“You shall not sow your field with mixed seed” (19:19) because each plant takes away from the soil nutrients, planting a mixture of crops will very soon deplete the soil of all of its nutrients, making the soil useless.

“You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor TATTOO any marks on you I AM YHVH!

That is quite a statement. I am of the opinion that if God wanted us to have tattoos on our bodies, we would have been born with them. Why can’t people be happy with the bodies God gave them? Why do they have to alter them with drawings and markings? But such was the custom of the pagan cultures like the Canaanites, Moabites, etc., and it continues today. However, the blood of Yeshua covers, cleanses and forgives ALL sins, even the sin of tattooing, yet tattooing is one sin that will leave its mark forever! (unless it is somehow removed)

” uncovering the nakedness of ….” Is another way of saying, “having sex” Chapter 20 takes up that topic again along with other topics. Adultery, under Torah's command, resulted in the death penalty, if this were effective today, how many couples would be true to each other, really? Perhaps many more than we imagine. It seems like sexuality is a serious issue with our creator. If it is serious with Him, it should be with us as well.

When we follow the Torah of Adonai and put his commandments into practice with all of our heart, we are consecrating ourselves to Him, as “Kedoshim and Tzadikim” (holy and righteous ones) however always remember, that “SALVATION” comes ONLY through FAITH IN YESHUA! It is our faith in HIM that makes us Holy and Righteous, and this relationship leads us to Holy and Righteous works, which are obedience to his mitzvoth (commandments)

I always try to make this clear. We are not saved by following/obeying God's commandments, we are saved by faith in the complete work of Yeshua on the cross of Calvary. Yet we are saved in order to walk in HIS ways and follow HIS guidelines in his Book of Instruction Before Leaving Earth, (B.I.B.L.E.)

Ben Avraham

Bradley D

I read that some Christians were getting free tattoos. I felt that was wrong. The Bible tells us not to make marks on the skin Leviticus 19:28. My Mom made me promise not to get an tattoos when I went into the Navy in 1971.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I read that some Christians were getting free tattoos. I felt that was wrong. The Bible tells us not to make marks on the skin Leviticus 19:28. My Mom made me promise not to get an tattoos when I went into the Navy in 1971.

You put yourself under a law meant strictly for Israel.

Bradley D

You put yourself under a law meant strictly for Israel.
I'm not sure about that.

Jesus said, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17–19).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm not sure about that.

Jesus said, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17–19).

But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” - Matthew 15:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew15:24&version=NKJV

The law was given to... that's right, ISRAEL.

Paul says:

Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled.But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse.But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak.For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols?And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble. - 1 Corinthians 8:1-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians8:1-13&version=NKJV

This also applies to other symbolic ordinances given to Israel.

There's nothing wrong with not getting a tattoo. But don't place yourself under a law, for you WILL be required to keep it, because the law is a curse!

O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?—just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.”Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree” ),that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ.And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. - Galatians 3:1-29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians3:1-29&version=NKJV

We in the Body of Christ are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free!

Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar—for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children—but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.For it is written: “Rejoice, O barren, You who do not bear! Break forth and shout, You who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children Than she who has a husband.”Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.”So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free. - Galatians 4:21-31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians4:21-31&version=NKJV

BenAvraham

But all believers have been grafted into the "House of Israel" we are part of that called-out Community. Just like an immigrant moves to a country where he or she is not a part. When that person becomes a citizen, all the laws of that country apply to that immigrant. I live in El Salvador, when I become a permanent resident, all the laws of El Salvador will apply to me as well (except maybe to vote)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
But all believers have been grafted into the "House of Israel"

Wrong.

We, gentiles, are grafted into the Body of Christ, not Israel.

Israel is a branch, not the vine.

The vine is Christ.

we are part of that called-out Community.

Christians are called out, but we are not part of Israel.

Just like an immigrant moves to a country where he or she is not a part. When that person becomes a citizen, all the laws of that country apply to that immigrant.

My citizenship is in heaven, along with anyone who is saved under the dispensation of grace.

The believing Jews who were (and who will be) saved under the New Covenant, their citizenship is in the coming EARTHLY Kingdom of Israel, not Heaven.

Hoping

Banned
LEVITICUS Chapter 19

This chapter starts with the words; “Ye shall be Holy for I am Holy”. When we look at the original Hebrew we read; “Amarta Aleichem Kadoshim ti’hiyu Ki Kadosh Ani” But there is something different in the two words; “Kadoshim” (ones who are holy) and Kadosh (Holy ONE). The word “Be ye Holy” in the original Hebrew has 5 letters, and the word “Kadosh” has 4 letters. The biggest difference is that the “o” in “Kadoshim” is not present, but it IS present in “Kadosh”. If we write these words in English, they would be “Kadshim” and “Kadosh” Why? There is a missing letter “Vav”

The “vav” is pronounced as either “v” “o” or “u”. It symbolizes the “nail”. Perfect Holiness without sin is only Adonai! He alone has the “vav” He took the “nail” for our sins. Our Holiness is lacking, we are not perfect as we have a sinful nature, therefore, our Holiness can not carry the “Vav”

Chapter 19 deals with quite a variety of commandments; “You shall not profane the name of the LORD thy YHVH; You shall love thy neighbor as thyself, I AM YHVH”. All of the 613 commandments of HaShem have to do with honoring YHVH and our relationship with our fellow man. When we honor and love the LORD with all of our heart, we are honoring and not profaning the Name YHVH, and when we honor and treat our fellow man well and try to establish a good relationship with him or her, we are, in a matter of sense, keeping the whole Torah, (in a general sense). When we are a bad witness before our fellow man, when we are an embarrassment because our sins are brought into the light, then, we are profaning the name of YHVH.

” you shall not curse the deaf nor put a stumbling block before the blind” (19:14) When one talks about another in a negative sense or spreads an “untruth” the “other” cannot hear what is being said, it is as if that person is “deaf”. When we misrepresent the Truth of God, teach or spread false teaching whether on purpose or by error, we are in a way a “stumbling block” before someone that does not know Yeshua “The blind” (spiritually).

“You shall not sow your field with mixed seed” (19:19) because each plant takes away from the soil nutrients, planting a mixture of crops will very soon deplete the soil of all of its nutrients, making the soil useless.

“You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor TATTOO any marks on you I AM YHVH!

That is quite a statement. I am of the opinion that if God wanted us to have tattoos on our bodies, we would have been born with them. Why can’t people be happy with the bodies God gave them? Why do they have to alter them with drawings and markings? But such was the custom of the pagan cultures like the Canaanites, Moabites, etc., and it continues today. However, the blood of Yeshua covers, cleanses and forgives ALL sins, even the sin of tattooing, yet tattooing is one sin that will leave its mark forever! (unless it is somehow removed)

” uncovering the nakedness of ….” Is another way of saying, “having sex” Chapter 20 takes up that topic again along with other topics. Adultery, under Torah's command, resulted in the death penalty, if this were effective today, how many couples would be true to each other, really? Perhaps many more than we imagine. It seems like sexuality is a serious issue with our creator. If it is serious with Him, it should be with us as well.

When we follow the Torah of Adonai and put his commandments into practice with all of our heart, we are consecrating ourselves to Him, as “Kedoshim and Tzadikim” (holy and righteous ones) however always remember, that “SALVATION” comes ONLY through FAITH IN YESHUA! It is our faith in HIM that makes us Holy and Righteous, and this relationship leads us to Holy and Righteous works, which are obedience to his mitzvoth (commandments)

I always try to make this clear. We are not saved by following/obeying God's commandments, we are saved by faith in the complete work of Yeshua on the cross of Calvary. Yet we are saved in order to walk in HIS ways and follow HIS guidelines in his Book of Instruction Before Leaving Earth, (B.I.B.L.E.)

Ben Avraham
Why not crucify that sinful nature so you can be as holy as God commands?
It is written..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Gal 5:24)