Letters to Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxfire

Hi Jack, (Hope I never make your acquaintance on an airliner, what were they thinking? Just sayin... :plain: )

Anyway, hello.

We've never met, but I had the good fortune to have interacted briefly with your father once upon a time.

I didn't know him for more than a few months, but I can tell you right out, he was was a gifted humorist, a class act jurist and a brilliant mind. I can't exactly put my finger on which I admired most.

Either way, I have an abiding feeling that I will more than likely be reading his book(s) before I ever read any of his legal briefs.

We exchanged witticisms at some length via an online status function that afforded room for commentary. A ritual that I carry on still. Not that it serves any real purpose any more, other than to have a place to address him.

By now, that status function can't accept any more increases, and the messages that I send to him are just rolling off the page into oblivion.

That not being a prospect that ever impressed him, as it were, I have opted to drop you a line or two from time to time in the remote hope that one day, you might get the chance to read them or even relay them to your father.

But the hour is getting late, so I'm going to sign out for now. I'll try to send more soon.

Later for now,

FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.