Leftist gun plans will make things worse, not better

marke

Why ban long rifles? Because banning long rifles will stop thugs from killing thousands each year with guns? Don't be silly. Banning long rifles will hardly make a dent in the number of Americans murdered by guns each year. Locking young people up for life or executing them for gun violence would result in lower numbers of gun crimes, but democrats are not about common-sense solutions. Leftist democrats are about solutions being pushed by fascist world leaders seeking to force march unarmed Americans into subjection under their atheistic, communistic, hedonistic, ruthless, one-world authority.

“Do something!” someone in the crowd yelled as Mr. Biden left Mass at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Uvalde.
“We will,” the president said.
Senate Majority Whip Richard J. Durbin said Sunday he is hopeful that Capitol Hill negotiators can strike a deal to rein in gun violence given the extent of disgust with the Texas tragedy.
“I can’t say for certain, but I can tell you I sense a different feeling among my colleagues after Uvalde,” the Illinois Democrat told CNN.
Mr. Durbin said the talks focus in part on red-flag laws that prevent people from owning firearms if they are demonstrating alarming conduct.
He also called for a crackdown on “straw purchases,” in which a person with an unblemished background buys a gun and gives it to a person with a criminal record.
“America is sick and tired of political excuses,” Mr. Durbin said. “We have to respond with something positive that shows America we care.”