Left Wing?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Was Hitler a left wing guy? He musta been cuz I'm right wing, and wasn't like me.

I've seen good arguments for thinking of the political spectrum as a circular continuum, where if you go far enough to the extreme fringe left you end up on the extreme fringe right and vice versa.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Here's one way of looking at it:

political_circle_small.jpg

It's not the only way to depict the spectrum (it's a simplistic diagram) and I don't know if it's the best way to describe it (something with more than two dimensions?), but the political complexity does lend itself to the idea of something more than that line with right wing at one end and left wing at the other.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The political scale is 2 dimensional. The more evil you profess as good, the more left/wrong you are.

Hitler: tax the wealthy for the redistribution to workers, pro-abortion, pro-enviorment, pro-workers party....and on and on and on.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Nick M, Hitler BANNED abortion in Germany . He wanted more and more aryan children born in Germany to create "the master race ". He was an authoritarian, totalitarian fascist .
He rebuilt Germany , which had been devastated by WW 1 and terrible economic woes in between wars , but at the expense of all freedom there . In order to rebuild Germany , he got ample funding from the richest German industrialists . He created prosperity in Germany, but not by "redistributing wealth ".
He hated communism and communists , and had German believers in communism executed . He also executed gays, Roma people , physically and mentally disabled people , and anyone he considered to be undesirable . Not only Jews .

quip

BANNED
Banned
Nick M, Hitler BANNED abortion in Germany . He wanted more and more aryan children born in Germany to create "the master race ". He was an authoritarian, totalitarian fascist .
He rebuilt Germany , which had been devastated by WW 1 and terrible economic woes in between wars , but at the expense of all freedom there . In order to rebuild Germany , he got ample funding from the richest German industrialists . He created prosperity in Germany, but not by "redistributing wealth ".
He hated communism and communists , and had German believers in communism executed . He also executed gays, Roma people , physically and mentally disabled people , and anyone he considered to be undesirable . Not only Jews .

Yep. Hitler was nationalistic, racist and conveniently disposed of anyone who spoke or wrote against him.

...hmmmmm sound vaguely familiar? :think: